• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

We're expanding the stadium by 10k in 2016!

It'll happen in two phases after hosting the EL final.

Wuuuut? First I hear about it. That's huge, if true. It would also allow us to host a CL final, I think. Not that we're ever winning in a CL final. But still.

Should've made it a 50k+ stadium from the get-go.

Arnie

Quiche how on Earth are you affording that car?

What do you do for a living?

I thought you were 18.

Are you a drug dealer?

De Gea is a pretty good keeper for us, he made a bunch of important save for us in clutch moments. I will go as far as to say we would have probably lost the EPL title last year if he didn't play regularly.

He is far from being the best though, but he's getting there. He has already shown resilience in playing even with the pressure the press and fans throws at him. Hell, remember what happened to Mark Bosnich?

Can Quiche even drive?

Isn't he like 16. Or is that Bacon.

Quiche has had 2 cars already. He's so ahead of me in life.

I have been driving for 14 months :lol I am 18 though.

Quiche how on Earth are you affording that car?

What do you do for a living?

I thought you were 18.

Are you a drug dealer?

I am going to write this out only once but pretty much I get it as part of my Disability. I get to get a brand new car every 3 years.

Arnie

Iirc, he is disabled so he gets the car for 'free' through a scheme. I have that same scheme.

I have been driving for 14 months :lol I am 18 though.

I am going to write this out only once but pretty much I get it as part of my Disability. I get to get a brand new car every 3 years.

So you both drive?

I have no idea when I'll ever actually learn to drive. Once I move back to the North West I will learn straight away, but right now in London there's no reason (nor do I have the financial clout) to learn.

I suppose that's a decent perk for you guys. If I get a new contract in October I get an iPhone and a gym membership, that'd be fucking sweet.

Just bought a new pair of Levi 511's and a Nike running vest. Westfield in Stratford is hell on Earth.

So you both drive?

I have no idea when I'll ever actually learn to drive. Once I move back to the North West I will learn straight away, but right now in London there's no reason (nor do I have the financial clout) to learn.

I suppose that's a decent perk for you guys. If I get a new contract in October I get an iPhone and a gym membership, that'd be fucking sweet.

Just bought a new pair of Levi 511's and a Nike running vest. Westfield in Stratford is hell on Earth.

Ah yeah he mentioned it once before too.

Black Civic, very nice Quiche.

What car do you have? Does Lloyd make fun of your driving?

:lol I can't drive at all. Technically it's my car per se, but my parents drive it and pay for insurance and all that. I don't think I'll ever be cleared to drive, too risky :lol

So you both drive?

The other Westfield is better, East London one has East Londoners in it, none for dat.

I still haven't got new 511's, which colour did you buy. I might just allow Levi's and go all big man and buy Diesel jeans or something. Morsel will now come along and tell me Diesel jeans are shit and I should make my own.

Zabojnik

Is it appropriate to ask what your disabilites are? It doesn't feel appropriate, but this is the internet, so what the hell do I know.

subtles

De Gea was always going to come good. I actually cringed when I listened to commentators/pundits continuously berate him and question the signing. He did have problems in the beginning, being in a new team/culture. He also wasn't able to deal with crosses and command the area from the get-go being a young keeper assimilated with La Liga.

That is what coaching is for. He's brilliant now, a firm presence between the sticks for United. We've discussed Lewandowski before as well, he was missing sitters and didn't impress, but with proper coaching and hard work is now one of Europe's most feared strikers.

I wonder if Moyes will approach player development the way Ferguson did, or if he'll lack the patience when he's under pressure. He's already unsettled the coaching staff, been called out for dinosaur training methods and made some bizarre statements.

GAF, please tell me the end is nigh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BQLWBuwCQAAVbFB.jpg:large

Okay, Hamburg, you win.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah, I don't drive. Want to, but I go to start lessons and realise it would cost near 400 quid just for them, then another bunch for the theory and practical, then the car and insurance and petrol... just... just no.

Arnie

The other Westfield is better, East London one has East Londoners in it, none for dat.

I still haven't got new 511's, which colour did you buy. I might just allow Levi's and go all big man and buy Diesel jeans or something. Morsel will now come along and tell me Diesel jeans are shit and I should make my own.

Went for dark blue. Also bought a light blue shirt as well. Saw one of those sherpa lined denim jackets that Bungie has in store, too. Was massively tempting but I can't justify the cost until the climate cools a bit.

Nah, I don't drive. Want to, but I go to start lessons and realise it would cost near 400 quid just for them, then another bunch for the theory and practical, then the car and insurance and petrol... just... just no.
Exactly.

Don't know how so many young people can afford it. I'll learn when I'm about 23 and I make my return to the North West during Ibe's Odyssey.

I'm simply too much of a pussy to take lessons.

Can't even control a go-kart lol

@the drivers in this thread, does your sense of direction improve naturally as you drive around? I couldn't tell you how to get anywhere outside of Maidenhead

Yep road tax too. The insurance is the killer. I passed back in 2009 but didn't start driving until the end of 2012, insurance was just costing a crazy amount.

Getting about costs way more than it should. I'm looking intto buy an annual London Underground travel card. It's like £2,000. Two grand. I don't understand. The tubes aren't even air conditioned.

Went for dark blue. Also bought a light blue shirt as well. Saw one of those sherpa lined denim jackets that Bungie has in store, too. Was massively tempting but I can't justify the cost until the climate cools a bit.

Exactly.

Don't know how so many young people can afford it. I'll learn when I'm about 23 and I make my return to the North West during Ibe's Odyssey.
Sounds hot.

Denim jackets...I could never pull that off. Leather jacket neither. I think it's cos I'm Indian, i'll just look like a knob.

When will you find out if your contracts getting extended. The stuff you do sounds fun. How you finding living in London?

I'm simply too much of a pussy to take lessons.

Can't even control a go-kart lol

@the drivers in this thread, does your sense of direction improve naturally as you drive around? I couldn't tell you how to get anywhere outside of Maidenhead
Yeah definitely. When I started driving I thought I'd know the way to places just because I'd been there as a passenger...which was wrong. But you pick up routes very easily.

Driving is really really easy, everyone is scared at the start and stuff but it's genuinely a very simple thing. Just a case of having confidence.

I just can't fucking fathom this.

I get to work looking like a sweaty animal. I'm probably less sweaty when I choose to cycle in.

I've only been on the underground once when we've had a bit of a heatwave, for about 40 minutes. One of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. Crowded, humid, hot, exhausting.

It was so bad, I wasn't even turned off by the fact I was basically forced to spoon the fit woman in front of me :p

Arnie

When will you find out if your contracts getting extended. The stuff you do sounds fun. How you finding living in London?.
Not really sure, the two girls who also started as graduates are due to finish in early September, so whenever they find out I can guess when I'll find out (I finish at the start of October).

The work's really cool, the Sony stuff's especially good, but right now I can't just go and work on Sony, I have to move around the office and try everything out. I'll be working on Sony in mid August, which is good because it's Gamescom then (I don't get to go before anyone asks).

Next week I'm working on eBay and GHD. Will probably just be ringing up Heat magazine trying to flog coverage.

London's alright. It gets better by the day, but it's quite difficult having to leave everyone I know and come to the other end of the country. I suppose wherever I went and whatever I did would feel like a massive shock coming from my student life, so I've just got to suck it up and crack on, and realise that I'm massively fortunate to be in my current position.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep road tax too. The insurance is the killer. I passed back in 2009 but didn't start driving until the end of 2012, insurance was just costing a crazy amount.

Getting about costs way more than it should. I'm looking intto buy an annual London Underground travel card. It's like £2,000. Two grand. I don't understand. The tubes aren't even air conditioned.

I fucking hate getting the underground; depending on how much you use it, I think it caps at eight quid a day or something anyway.

Costs me 80 quid a month between zones 3-6 to get to uni and work from my house, covers me well.

subtles

Are Liverpool picking on Suarez? lol. They posted a "Suarez in the middle" instagram gif, Suarez playing a PS3 all by his lonesome and group photos that don't include Suarez. The comments are mean-spirited and this just might drag on all summer. lol

I doubted De Gea quite a bit, his first time in United was really not very convincing. He has obviously gotten better now though and is one of the top keepers of premier league, but it's still weird to see United supporters compensating for the shit De Gea rightfully got by still ejaculating every time they see him make some weird save, like the foot one against Madrid, that any other keeper would have taken too with his fucking hands... Especially when he made far better saves in the very same match.

The thing is, though, if you'd watched De Gea at Atletico and especially how he carried his team through the Euro Cup to victory, his early wobbles in his first season of PL football seemed like minor settling in issues, not the major fucking catastrophe blinkered idiots on MotD were making it out to be. So, obviously he's improved, but I don't think he's made this gigantic leap forward either. The class was always there.

Hixx

What he is saying here is that the fifa sponsorship we got for being the top club in the world is pretty pretty pretty good. We can't talk too much about it as it's only the managers of the club who was awarded the money and we don't want Hixx to be jealous.

bro i am sponsored solo by Razer and ASUS

Arnie

1011540_10151879617647573_556813878_n.jpg

Suarez signed a banner saying 'Stay with us Suarez', probably means he's off because he's a cunt like that.

Are there any highlights of the City v Sunderland match? Want to see Sunderland's new signings.

subtles

I'm a little confused.

Are Tokyo and Yokohama two completely different cities or is Yokohama a district of Tokyo?

Yokohama is a city in Kanagawa, which is a Prefecture next to Tokyo. So technically; if Tokyo was New York, Kanagawa is California and Yokohama is Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom