• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shagwell

The thing that's putting me off is that us and other clubs have preferred to go for other targets rather than to go for him.

Bernard can play right wing can't he? In an ideal world if we can get both, we can replace Downing with Bernard and Eriksen can play in the middle. Don't think that would work in reality though.
I thought nothing substantial on the Eriksen front ever developed?

Why is no one in for Luis Nani?
It is strange, I thought for sure somebody would take him. Not one of the top teams but somebody. Maybe they still will, as the window moves on people will have to make moves as their first targets don't come off etc.

But there are reports he is going to sign a new contract now - so who knows.

GorillaJu

Baines is so expensive in FPL. 7.5 just feels like too much although he always does deliver big points.

If he joined United I would probably wouldn't even think twice about it. Although you could argue that since he probably wouldn't be taking set pieces/pens his points return may actually be lower..hmm.

Pens are a large part of his goal tally. My most expensive defender ATM is only 5.5. I'm waiting to see Negredo's price before I shuffle things around again.

Right now I've got a pretty awesome midfield. May have to sacrifice one in the end to get RVP. Seems dangerous to neglect him.

Pens are a large part of his goal tally. My most expensive defender ATM is only 5.5. I'm waiting to see Negredo's price before I shuffle things around again.

Right now I've got a pretty awesome midfield. May have to sacrifice one in the end to get RVP. Seems dangerous to neglect him.

Mines is 6. Rafael. Will change that though, our start is too tough for him to score well early on.

Why don't you post your team Morsel.

Don't be scared.

Champions League domination 2013/2014

------------------Marvin Pourié-----------------------
------------------Nicolai Jørgensen-----------------
Gislason----Delaney----Claudemir-Bolanos----
---------------------------------------------------------------
Bengtsson - Mellberg - Stadsgaard-Jacobsen
-----------------------------Wiland-------------------------

You first.

Stek (random 4.0 reserve)

Shaw Rafael Nasty Turner (random 4.0 reserve)

Bale Sess Hazard Kagawa (Ward Prowse)

Aguero Benteke (Cornelius)

I just got bored of it, I picked like half those players and then just filled in the rest with whatever I could. There are going to be transfers so I know it will change alot.

But the start City and Chelsea have is definitely leading me to want to pick as many of their players as I can.

K1LLER7

I just got bored of it, I picked like half those players and then just filled in the rest with whatever I could. There are going to be transfers so I know it will change alot.

But the start City and Chelsea have is definitely leading me to want to pick as many of their players as I can.
Your team sucks :p

I have garrison in defence lol.

Who's Stek? I got Vorm.

it55A4k3U44Ew.gif

Going to win me the fantasy league by just having him on my team, not even worrying about the rest of it.

http://i.minus.com/it55A4k3U44Ew.gif[IMG]

Going to win me the fantasy league by just having him on my team, not even worrying about the rest of it.[/QUOTE]

Do you think he's actually gonna do well. FPL aside, I mean.

Cardiff are probably gonna be relying on him to save them.

Do you think he's actually gonna do well. FPL aside, I mean.

Cardiff are probably gonna be relying on him to save them.

I truly have no idea. Everything about his style suggests he would fit premier league, but he only played for us one season and before that it was all reserve matches, so hard to tell if he can keep it going.

Messi

Has anyone played Infestation: Survivor Stories and is it any good? Worth $3.74?

Also should I buy the Valve complete pack if I don't own any of those games?

I bought FIFA 13, Saints Row 3 Complete, Deus Ex and Batman AC GOTY and GTA the complete package today.

Meier

Conclusion: You'd have to be an idiot to spend more than £20m on a player from Portugal and the top European clubs should just buy directly from South America. I'm not going particularly concerned about City splashing 30m euros on some player from Argentina (from Benfica) no one has heard of and I'll be pissed off if we buy Madrid reject Garay for 18m bones after they signed him for 4m bones.

To answer your question, Portugal don't have restrictions on signing players from Central and South America whereas obviously England do and it can be very difficult to get a work permit for your players if they aren't an EU citizen. Arsenal signed Joel Campbell years ago and he has only just received his despite being a key player for their international team even at the time of his signing.

Furthermore, Portugal don't have restrictions on third party ownership which makes it easier for the clubs to afford the players from there despite lesser budgets. Their partial owners back in SA can keep the player rights or sell them separately to third parties in Portugal, etc.

De Gea
Nastasic Yoshida Luiz
Bale Shinji Hazard Holtby
Aguero Bony Cornelius

Bow before your new champion.

香川信者!

Meier

Jesus, Spaced is a pile of shite. Pegg & Frost is the most overrated duo since Turok's version of Benzema & Higuain
The fuck? It's an absolute classic. Every episode is basically perfect. I watched it back in college and came back to it a year or two ago and it hadn't missed a beat despite it being 8+ years on.

Walshy

Bernard plays on both wings, but a majority on the right.
Thought the same myself. I think Downing would leave if Bernard was to come.

I thought nothing substantial on the Eriksen front ever developed?
I thought so too but since the Mkhitaryan deal stalled we have been relinked with him mainly through dutch newspapers. The mirror reported something too.

Didn't Bild say we was back in for Papa aswell?

Chipotle

Not played FPL before. What are some general tips? Should I pick players based on how I think each week's matches will go or pick people who I think will be good through the season? Also, see a lot of formations with 3 defenders, is that best?

GorillaJu

Here's mine. Subject to change with transfers as well.

addVtQO.jpg

Not played FPL before. What are some general tips? Should I pick players based on how I think each week's matches will go or pick people who I think will be good through the season? Also, see a lot of formations with 3 defenders, is that best?

Defenders that will get you clean sheets and attackers that will get you assists and goals.

Meier

Jam>>>>>>>>>Spaced

Edit: thanks Seven. Should I just pick week by week?

You want to largely think long term. You get only 1 free transfer a week, otherwise you lose 4 points on your next week total. The better your players do, the more they're worth as well if you sell them.

ShogunX

£55m for Suarez? Fuck off... Player not worth that amount.

Your club is pretty much being used in the same way Norwich City are. You have little to no chance of signing Suarez and are being used to encourage bids from other clubs.

If he wanted to play in the Champions League every season he could of stayed at Ajax. I imagine he actually wants a decent shot at a major trophy and he isn't going to get that at Arsenal.

The Arsenal transfer saga is the new ''This could be our year''.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom