• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

WTF, Liam apparently knocked up some rather unattractive NYT reporter who did a profile on him back in 2010 and she's now suing him in a paternity suit for $3m.

Salazar

WTF, Liam apparently knocked up some rather unattractive NYT reporter who did a profile on him back in 2010 and she's now suing him in a paternity suit for $3m.

Eh. She's not Jermain Defoe pickup tier.

Fans were accused of showing a lack of respect for Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday after Manchester City played to a half empty stadium in Durban.
Craig Rosslee, the coach of AmaZulu who beat City 2-1 with a late penalty, afterwards voiced his disappointment at the poor turnout at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Mandela Day.

It's City, bro. City.

Lightning

Banned
Your club is pretty much being used in the same way Norwich City are. You have little to no chance of signing Suarez and are being used to encourage bids from other clubs.

If he wanted to play in the Champions League every season he could of stayed at Ajax. I imagine he actually wants a decent shot at a major trophy and he isn't going to get that at Arsenal.

The Arsenal transfer saga is the new ''This could be our year''.
I don't care. I just a quality striker to come in.

tumblr_mq5ly5sZay1sa0epdo1_500.gif

ShogunX

Liverpool fan trying to be funny is a joke in itself.

No humour involved sadly for you. It's not great being a Liverpool fan at present but still we do have the occasional trophy to celebrate rather than a make believe fourth place one. I'm sure just like us you will enjoy making up the numbers next season.

Lightning

Banned
No humour involved sadly for you. It's not great being a Liverpool fan at present but still we do have the occasional trophy to celebrate rather than a make believe fourth place one. I'm sure just like us you will enjoy making up the numbers next season.
More pointless banter. You done?

pappe

Those Gifs Wooden posted convinced me :p

My new team:

De Gea
Clyne, Distin, Nasta
Bale, Hazard, Paulinho, Kagawa, Walcott (Dat Midfield)
Cornelius, Aguero

Now no changes till we get close to the start of the season and Cesc has to go in.
No RVP??? GTFO!!

GorillaJu

Jam>>>>>>>>>Spaced

Edit: thanks Seven. Should I just pick week by week?

You pick one squad at the beginning of the year and every week make one change to it for free (no point cost).

Defenders:
Many people pick one good defender (priced 6 or over) that they play every week and never remove unless they have free transfers built up or there's a long term injury. Popular choices: Baines, Evra, Ivanovic

Then you grab two or three 4.5-5.0 fullbacks from mid table teams. The last defender spot many people just pick up a promoted team defender at 4.0 since you have 5 defenders and typically only play 3 of them every week.

Midfielders:
Goal scoring central playmakers, and penalty-taking CMs. Hazard, Mata, Bale, Kagawa are the higher priced options but there also Nolan, Snodgrass and other cheaper players who score often.

Strikers:
I like to have one at the top end, one at the cheap end then one in the middle. Every year there's one lower priced gem who ends up in the top four or five strikers. Last year it was Lambert. The year before that it was Ba.

ShogunX

If it was the truth it would hurt but since its typical shit coming from a Liverpool fan it's just annoying.

Which part isn't true?

A dose of realism is always useful. The sooner we accept that our clubs will win fuck all and that despite David Moyes Man Utd will win the league again the better.

Shagwell

Damn non-football costs... I still don't even have a clue what they are. Costing me double my player salaries this season.

I'm pretty sure I once read on the SI forums (don't judge me I was just looking for a plug-in tactic so I could enjoy the rest of the game, the tactic development is the most mundane part to me) that nobody knows what the fuck they are. Someone said it's stuff like the canteen staff, receptionists, team buses/transportation, kit staff, matchday hospitality, etc. but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Just finished touching up my database actually to reflect the key dealings of the summer. FM needed some spicing up I reckon.

Chipotle

You pick one squad at the beginning of the year and every week make one change to it for free (no point cost).

Defenders:
Many people pick one good defender (priced 6 or over) that they play every week and never remove unless they have free transfers built up or there's a long term injury. Popular choices: Baines, Evra, Ivanovic

Then you grab two or three 4.5-5.0 fullbacks from mid table teams. The last defender spot many people just pick up a promoted team defender at 4.0 since you have 5 defenders and typically only play 3 of them every week.

Midfielders:
Goal scoring central playmakers, and penalty-taking CMs. Hazard, Mata, Bale, Kagawa are the higher priced options but there also Nolan, Snodgrass and other cheaper players who score often.

Strikers:
I like to have one at the top end, one at the cheap end then one in the middle. Every year there's one lower priced gem who ends up in the top four or five strikers. Last year it was Lambert. The year before that it was Ba.
Just what I was after, thanks

Meier

I'm pretty sure I once read on the SI forums (don't judge me I was just looking for a plug-in tactic so I could enjoy the rest of the game, the tactic development is the most mundane part to me) that nobody knows what the fuck they are. Someone said it's stuff like the canteen staff, receptionists, team buses/transportation, kit staff, matchday hospitality, etc. but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

It's kinda goofy since you have staff salaries and matchday expenses plus ground maintenance, travel costs, etc. already shown in other specific expenses. I think I've heard it's just some sort of percentage of your turnover... I guess it's meant to just level the playing field perhaps.

Lightning

Banned
Which part isn't true?

A dose of realism is always useful. The sooner we accept that our clubs will win fuck all and that despite David Moyes Man Utd will win the league again the better.
Okay.

Firstly Madrid were interested in Suarez long before us. Suarez doesn't need to play us along to entice a bid from Madrid because if Madrid want him they will go for him regardless of anything we do or don't do.

Secondly you haven't said anything that hasn't been said 1,000,000 times before and is beyond redundant at this point. Not many Arsenal fans are banking on a Suarez signing or have our hopes terribly high and everybody knows where we are currently at. That doesn't mean we will forever be there.

Thirdly when you offer enough money you get the fucking players. Take a look at Monaco who over paid. In the end it comes down to money for most players whether you accept this or not.

Shagwell

It's kinda goofy since you have staff salaries and matchday expenses plus ground maintenance, travel costs, etc. already shown in other specific expenses. I think I've heard it's just some sort of percentage of your turnover... I guess it's meant to just level the playing field perhaps.

Aye, I'm pretty sure that was the general consensus.

I think more than anything though what's buggered in this game is the player's morale. Or maybe I'm just a shite man-manager. It's the start of the season, we won most of our pre-season matches, won 4 of our first competitive fixtures, and yet half of my players are either okay or poor morale.

Maybe living on Merseyside is really just that miserable.

GorillaJu

He was a regular on our injury list. He even managed to injure himself while kicking a free kick and he was out for months. The rest of the time he seemed lazy or afraid of tackles, not a good thing for a winger.

Yeah he never looked particularly talented. I had no idea he's already 25. I just assumed he was still 20, 21.

ShogunX

Okay.

Firstly Madrid were interested in Suarez long before us. Suarez doesn't need to play us along to entice a bid from Madrid because if Madrid want him they will go for him regardless of anything we do or don't do.

Thirdly when you offer enough money you get the fucking players. Take a look at Monaco who over paid. In the end it comes down to money for most players whether you accept this or not.

Firstly has it ever come from Madrid themselves that they are interested? They talk quite openly about how Bale was born for Madrid but on Suarez? We have heard from Perez when he said Suarez is a great player but ''it does not always fit''. The Madrid interest seem to come from Suarez himself in his many interviews.

I could have it very wrong but to me it seems like a number of clubs are posturing especially with the amount of stuff being leaked to the media. I just dont see how Arsenal can match Suarez' ambition. For me it seems like the bids are being made public to get Suarez to his number one destination. Spain.

It seems nobody fully knows if there is a clause in his contract that would allow him a move should 40m be offered but if there isn't it would be utterly stupid for Liverpool to even entertain any bid from Arsenal.

For the last point about money - When has Wenger ever gone gung ho and just splashed the cash on high profile signings whilst offering them massive wages? Players have moved to Monaco because they will be earning far more wages than the likes of Arsenal would offer. If a player wants big money history would suggest Arsenal are not the club to join.

At the moment it seems like the media are desperate for a big story and with the likes of Rooney and Suarez still potentially on the move it seems like any bit of information (reliable or not) is being reported as fact.

Dazzler

Your club is pretty much being used in the same way Norwich City are. You have little to no chance of signing Suarez and are being used to encourage bids from other clubs.

If he wanted to play in the Champions League every season he could of stayed at Ajax. I imagine he actually wants a decent shot at a major trophy and he isn't going to get that at Arsenal.

The Arsenal transfer saga is the new ''This could be our year''.

OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

This post is my favourite

Messi

Apparently Spartak Moscow wants Jeffren. If that´s true, I just have one question to them. Do they want him gift wrapped?

Never forget

Ironically it was Bojan who crossed that ball :/

I know the clasicos have been much closer since then, but that night was the best I have felt in a long time. I was over the moon.

Edit: After the 2nd Villa goal, I could not believe what was happening.

ShogunX

Warrior are trolling the shit out of us now.

These have been released as ''fashion'' kits. Both are at least ten times better than the kits that got selected for next season.

6366_lfc-replica-tee---black_01_l.jpg
8053_lfc-td-ss-away-jersey---white_01.jpg

Hopefully sales of these are high so Warrior gets the message.

rodvik

Warrior are trolling the shit out of us now.

These have been released as ''fashion'' kits. Both are at least ten times better than the kits that got selected for next season.

6366_lfc-replica-tee---black_01_l.jpg
8053_lfc-td-ss-away-jersey---white_01.jpg

Hopefully sales of these are high so Warrior gets the message.

That top black one is very nice.

xintin

Did they not even present these to Liverpool as options? Because surely they would've picked these kits instead. Or someone at LFC really likes geometry.

Fab might have gone if Thiago didn't. Now Barca don't have to do anything.

The more I think about it the less sure I am of Thiago's departure having that much effect on Cesc's minutes. Neymar's arrival could squeeze out some of his appearances up front, at least the ones that he feels matter (i.e. big game appearances: a good portion of which have him being substituted off, mostly early in the second half, including the three El Clasicos he started last season; or being an unused substitute in the CL semis until Messi got injured ahead of the second leg) and he could find himself in the same position as Thiago last season too, with Tito refusing to rotate Xavi even in throwaway league games, never mind the big ones. I don't think Fabregas really wants to go; this is probably about pressuring Tito into guaranteeing him proper rotation this season.

Honest question, do you lot think Kagawa is going to have a good season. Still quite a few doubts in my mind as to whether he can cut it in the prem.

Definitely. He was in good form at the end of last season. He just has the same label on him that De Gea (and Vidic, Evra, etc. if you want to go further back) had in his first season. Some people don't realize how much of a goal threat he is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Valencia say an English club is trying to buy Soldado.

I really hope it's us.

panty

So I just bought CS:GO from the shit sales and the mouse lag is awful. Fucking crap Source engine, same thing as in L4D2. The mouse just lags behind a frame or two. How the hell do I fix this.

GorillaJu

So I just bought CS:GO from the shit sales and the mouse lag is awful. Fucking crap Source engine, same thing as in L4D2. The mouse just lags behind a frame or two. How the hell do I fix this.

Yep. I don't understand people who can tolerate shitty laggy inputs. Fifa has this problem, so did GTA4, L4D and L4D2 both had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom