• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
BVB won because of their defense. Will Barca improve there?
I hope we sign a world class CB but nobody seems to be available :(
Martino said that he is yet to inspect the team and make a decision about CB. Atleast i am optimistic that the management is talking about it. We will take our"best club" crown back if we sign a good CB :D

derExperte

Did the last season break FootyGAF? Let's hope it becomes somewhat readable again over the next few weeks, too much brain damage on display right now.

Wilbur

Banned
This thread is scarily reminding me of EAs forum. A lot o childs posting bullcrap.

Man, we're only fucking playing. Like I genuinely think this is a complete and utter indictment of your team. I wasn't even posting until Spidye started with the excuses.

Hubris is far too much considering you came second in everything only a year ago. There's a point where you just got to say 'well done Dortmund', and some in here have proven incapable of it.

flippedb

Banned
Milan beat Valencia 1 - 2. During the first half, most of the first team played, sans Balo, El Shaa, Niang, Montolivo and a few defenders.Second half the team lost a couple other pieces and so, Valencia scored.

I'm really happy to see how the team is playing now.

mellz

No you're just a sore loser.

Is Kroos a bad player? If he isn't, then I'm justified to use his inclusion in your midfield as a reason why this isn't a B team. Missing Javi Martinez shouldn't automatically render your whole team shit and if you admit it does, they have problems that they need to sort out.

If you do think Kroos is a bad player, then god help you.

I don't support Bayern and I'm not saying Kroos is a bad player. I'm saying that if you don't play with a defensive minded midfielder who is great at reading the game defensively this is what will happend against a team like Dortmund.

Guys, it's still preseason! Pep is still experimenting with the squad, he's a new coach in a new league, relax.

It's going to take him a while to figure out the right combination of drugs to inject his new players with.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep that would've made sense too. tbh I hate this game, I know it's just the Supercup but there's an awful lot of stuff that simply isnt working.

When I saw the bench I realized for the first time that while the squad is incredibly deep we don't really have any game changers on the bench. Thiago can't handle the 6 and without a striker there isnt any Raum for Müller to deut.

Sure Neuer, Ribs, Götze & Javi were missing but as of now, the system is ridiculously flawed. Pizarro can't be our only goal scoring option on the bench, it really illustrates how much we are missing Gomez (he would've scored a couple today). I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish we had someone like Aubameyang. Maybe Julian Green can be the fast guy on the bench but I doubt it and he won't have spot on the bench unless we sell some of you thousand midfielders.

Shaqiri was by far the biggest disappointment today.

Anyway, it was a fun game. Dortmund deserved it and I just love to have competive football back.

Good post. Fuenf is always best <3

Arnie

The last two pages :lol :lol :lol

I cannot wait until Henderson bursts through and squares the ball for Django to finish off David Moyes.

i4QOQO1YEtnWZ.gif

Hixx

Man, we're only fucking playing. Like I genuinely think this is a complete and utter indictment of your team. I wasn't even posting until Spidye started with the excuses.

Hubris is far too much considering you came second in everything only a year ago. There's a point where you just got to say 'well done Dortmund', and some in here have proven incapable of it.

I would never congratulate the Skunks if they beat us. Ever.

Do you even understand football rivalries bro

spidye

dude what excuses? I was just joking.
can't you detect a joke(troll) when you see it?

seriously some of you guys

Gambit

Yep that would've made sense too. tbh I hate this game, I know it's just the Supercup but there's an awful lot of stuff that simply isnt working.

When I saw the bench I realized for the first time that while the squad is incredibly deep we don't really have any game changers on the bench. Thiago can't handle the 6 and without a striker there isnt any Raum for Müller to deut.

Sure Neuer, Ribs, Götze & Javi were missing but as of now, the system is ridiculously flawed. Pizarro can't be our only goal scoring option on the bench, it really illustrates how much we are missing Gomez (he would've scored a couple today). I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish we had someone like Aubameyang. Maybe Julian Green can be the fast guy on the bench but I doubt it and he won't have spot on the bench unless we sell some of you thousand midfielders.

Shaqiri was by far the biggest disappointment today.

Anyway, it was a fun game. Dortmund deserved it and I just love to have competive football back.

Very true. The squad is deep enough to play the exact same style twice, but not actually make good changes.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't support Bayern and I'm not saying Kroos is a bad player. I'm saying that if you don't play with a defensive minded midfielder who is great at reading the game defensively this is what will happend against a team like Dortmund.

Thiago and Schweini are perfectly capable midfielders of holding. Lets not pretend they're scrubs who can't do anything except play nice passes.

Milan beat Valencia 1 - 2. During the first half, most of the first team played, sans Balo, El Shaa, Niang, Montolivo and a few defenders.Second half the team lost a couple other pieces and so, Valencia scored.

I'm really happy to see how the team is playing now.

Poli is going to be fundamental for us, I can feel it. Poli/De Jong/Monto/Honda will be an outstanding midfield.

Nocerino has got to go though . . . dude runs slower than Ambrosini, but doesn't have the physique to make up for it in strength. He can't pass, can't trap, can't dribble, can't handle pressure, can't tackle. Just a waste of space.

We played pretty good, especially considering we were missing 6/11 starters and we were playing Valencia's A team. I think we can do well this season.

Turok_TTZ

Missed it, sorry. Thanks! How well did the 4-4-1-1 work? Also how well did Carvajal, Casemiro and Kaka play? Seems Illaramendi was not playing. Glad Nacho seem to be doing better!
I should also mention 4-2-2-2. CR7 cannot play in that formation :lol:
Carvajal did good. Kaka looked a lot better than previous seasons, I totally forgot Casemiro played today lol. Real impressed with nacho.

Believe it or not, Carlo tried to have us play possession footy. we looked good at times.

Wilbur

Banned
I would never congratulate the Skunks if they beat us. Ever.

Do you even understand football rivalries bro

That's because you're too hairy for your top lip to function

dude what excuses? I was just joking.
can't you detect a joke(troll) when you see it?

seriously some of you guys

Think that's a bit of a cop out really. It was nowhere near funny enough to be a legitimate troll. It read like a Blablurn post and he's awful at trolling.

fuenf

Very true. The squad is deep enough to play the exact same style twice, but not actually make good changes.

Reminds you of a certrain Spanish team and the Van Gaal days doesn't it? We actually had the same problem last year but it wasnt that much of a problem because we almost always took the lead and Jupp Heynckes was ridiculously good at adjusting the tactics beforehand.

I hope we sign a world class CB but nobody seems to be available :(
Martino said that he is yet to inspect the team and make a decision about CB. Atleast i am optimistic that the management is talking about it. We will take our"best club" crown back if we sign a good CB :D

Rumours are that you have approached us for David Luiz (again). You've been quoted £45m...

Dortmund's squad is assembled at a fraction of the cost of Bayerns yet they still manage triumphs like this. It's so endearing. What a wonderful football club, just seems like a group of friends playing together. No egos or commercial crap or dramas. Really happy for them.

Hixx

That's because you're too hairy for your top lip to function

Think that's a bit of a cop out really. It was nowhere near funny enough to be a legitimate troll. It read like a Blablurn post and he's awful at trolling.

enjoy your ban cocknose

FootballFan

Dortmund's squad is assembled at a fraction of the cost of Bayerns yet they still manage triumphs like this. It's so endearing. What a wonderful football club, just seems like a group of friends playing together. No egos or commercial crap or dramas. Really happy for them.

True, to me Dortmund seems more like a family than a company. It's great to see them do well.

Gambit

Reminds you of a certrain Spanish team and the Van Gaal days doesn't it? We actually had the same problem last year but it wasnt that much of a problem because we almost always took the lead and Jupp Heynckes was ridiculously good at adjusting the tactics beforehand.

Yea, I can't put my finger on it, whichever team do you mean? ;-)

Last year, Bayern simply always looked in control. Now everything is flexible and chaotic. Really good teams will exploit that.

fuenf

ROFL Jupp Heynckes still saving the day for us Bayern fans :)

And best of all, I think today was a superb advertisement for Bundesliga football. Maybe even more than the Cl final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom