• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The problem with Soldado is his age. For us £25 million is too much to spend on a player we won't get a good return on.

Perhaps but it seems like we genuinely have some money to spend from Lewis. If AVB thinks Soldado can get us into the CL then I think we'd try to buy him. £25m is too much but we all know that Levy rarely ever pays the asking price unless there is a release clause.

For £20m we should buy him.

Turok_TTZ

Firstly has it ever come from Madrid themselves that they are interested? They talk quite openly about how Bale was born for Madrid but on Suarez? We have heard from Perez when he said Suarez is a great player but ''it does not always fit''. The Madrid interest seem to come from Suarez himself in his many interviews.

I could have it very wrong but to me it seems like a number of clubs are posturing especially with the amount of stuff being leaked to the media. I just dont see how Arsenal can match Suarez' ambition. For me it seems like the bids are being made public to get Suarez to his number one destination. Spain.

It seems nobody fully knows if there is a clause in his contract that would allow him a move should 40m be offered but if there isn't it would be utterly stupid for Liverpool to even entertain any bid from Arsenal.

For the last point about money - When has Wenger ever gone gung ho and just splashed the cash on high profile signings whilst offering them massive wages? Players have moved to Monaco because they will be earning far more wages than the likes of Arsenal would offer. If a player wants big money history would suggest Arsenal are not the club to join.

At the moment it seems like the media are desperate for a big story and with the likes of Rooney and Suarez still potentially on the move it seems like any bit of information (reliable or not) is being reported as fact.

This right here peeps is why I have been having quite a laugh this summer transfer window. I've never been more amused.

On to your person of interest. It's Arsenal's to lose if Liverpool are willing to sell.

Feorax

£40 million p/a from SC? Yes please.

The english press are hilarious in the way they deal with transfer stories. They all jizz over the idea of Suarez, Rooney, Bale et al moving to other leagues, and do everything they can to push the agenda. They then produce pieces 2 months later about how shit it is that these players aren't here anymore.

Zabojnik

You scared!

#rafa-juvekiller

I don't think you understand how non-tragic losing the scudetto to Napoli (or Milan) would be for us. We just won two. All I really care about is for Juve to be competitive on all fronts again, as Jesus and God intended.

Are we really about to lose Moratti? :(((((((((

Turok_TTZ

So AS.com done a poll asking who should be Madrid's CF recently. voting is still up, I just voted, and these are the results so far:

Madridista and spanish opinion though varied, remains the same for 2 years running now.
Benzema still has our confidence and Carlo would do well to stick with the Benz. I have to say though, a bit surprised but I shouldn't be at Morata being #2 and quite close to Benz. That kid is gifted alright though I can't help but feel it is due to spanish bias... however, Real Madrid is a spanish club to begin with so I shouldn't be surprised. Morata would do well to learn from the Benz imo.

Zabojnik

Benz doesn't exactly strike me as a guy you can learn something from, except maybe where to score an underage hooker. He has cunt written all over him. I'm sure Morata will be fine on his own. I fell in love with him watching him play for Spain's U21.

panty

None of us knows Benz so it's impossible to say what he's like to work with and whether he can help the youngsters develop.

I'm happy with Benz and I hope he continues to play for us.

Turok_TTZ

Benz doesn't exactly strike me as a guy you can learn something from. He has cunt written all over him. I'm sure Morata will be fine on his own. I fell in love with him watching him play for Spain's U21.

What Bizarro world did I just step into?
The quiet, reserved, overly modest, rather too shy for a guy of such quality, Benz a cunt? what the fuck is this shit I'm reading? what in the waht? waht? WHAT?
And he is a quite a professional too... where do you get such a vibe?

I'm so desperate for a league title I wouldn't care if it came against a league of Liverpool & 19 Derby Countys :p

Lol.

I will say it doesn't help when City add so much depth to their team plus Jov is a great signing.

If the top teams in the prem can acquire the players they have all been linked with lately then that's just scary.

Plus with teams like Soton, Norwich and Swansea splashing the cash it just shows how much cash is in this league and the intent of some teams.

FootballFan

I don't think you understand how non-tragic losing the scudetto to Napoli (or Milan) would be for us. We just won two. All I really care about is for Juve to be competitive on all fronts again, as Jesus and God intended.

Are we really about to lose Moratti? :(((((((((

Nah, it's over, you got another locked in place.

I'll miss Cavani for Napoli :(

Ihae5Lh.jpg

Zabojnik

None of us knows Benz so it's impossible to say what he's like to work with and whether he can help the youngsters develop.

I'm happy with Benz and I hope he continues to play for us.

What Bizarro world did I just step into?
The quiet, reserved, overly modest, rather too shy for a guy of such quality, Benz a cunt? what the fuck is this shit I'm reading? what in the waht? waht? WHAT?

I thought he was a known cunt? Maybe it's because of the underage hooker scandal. Don't get excited, Madrid bros, I was half joking anyway. :)

FootballFan

Benz doesn't exactly strike me as a guy you can learn something from, except maybe where to score an underage hooker. He has cunt written all over him. I'm sure Morata will be fine on his own. I fell in love with him watching him play for Spain's U21.

True true. You speak the truth very often Zab, I like that.

Turok_TTZ

I thought he was a known cunt? Maybe it's because of the underage hooker scandal. Don't get excited, Madrid bros, I was half joking anyway. :)

The underage prostitute in question already vouched for Benzema's innocence and the state prosecutors actually wanted to drop the case against Benz.

Turok_TTZ

Casillas is definitely a cunt though, one of the bigger ones really.

We don't know that for sure. Not yet. I was actually questioning whether to include his name or not. This upcoming season we will know for sure whether he is a cunt or not.
Are you basing this on his spat with mou or something else? dude's record is spotless apart from Mou.

FootballFan

FF, when will we be able to admire Neymar + Messi in a Barca kit?

First friendly of the season is in 36 hours or so vs Lechia Gdansk. Neymar won't be there for that one.

He will be in the squad for either the next one vs Bayern(REVENGE!!) on the 24th or at the latest I am guessing vs Varenga on the 27th

...... Or he will have his first game vs Santos on the 2nd of August.

Just like how Raul and Guti were cunts in their time hm? I bet Casillas is one as well, or even Varane?

Stay classy Hitcher.

Seriously Guti? :lol

Higuain, Varane, Lopez and Casillas are who I consider the non-cunts from the current squad.

Casillas acted like a massive one last season. If he behaved like that against some other coach, he'd be on my list, but Mourinho is the biggest cunt so I don't blame Iker.

Also, before someone asks, Ozil and Alonso are cunts to me so don't ask. Build one etc.

Turok_TTZ

Casillas is if reports are to be believed.

I was messing with you anyway, Raul is awesome, and you'd have to be an idiot to dislike Alonso and Arbeloa

It's late and I am annoyed I can't win a practice match with bots using Zeus in DOTA 2 but its cruise control to awesome using Sniper.

You would think, having ITK sources would clear up whether Casillas or Mou was in the wrong but no, peeps been taking sides and are tainting information with their bias. I cannot say for sure who was in the right or wrong, but Casillas vs Mou did take its toll in madrid more than most peeps know.

There is only one report to consider legitimate however and that was through Casillas's SO leaking shit. No way imo would she have said anything about the madrid locker room to the press without Iker's permission. No way. Iker told her to talk. And that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

Turok_TTZ

Seriously Guti? :lol

Higuain, Varane, Lopez and Casillas are who I consider the non-cunts from the current squad.

Casillas acted like a massive one last season. If he behaved like that against some other coach, he'd be on my list, but Mourinho is the biggest cunt so I don't blame Iker.

Also, before someone asks, Ozil and Alonso are cunts to me so don't ask. Build one etc.
I love Higuain but lets take off the rose tinted lens and be real. Dude is a cunt. a lovable cunt but still a cunt. Higuain was quite a cunt last season.

Salazar

wy18zXx.gif

Thinks he has swagger like Neymar or Bendtner, but he doesn't. That, to me, shows all there is to know.

Likewise Guti. Wispy beard + shit cardigans. Dude would need to spend years of his life plucking children from in front of speeding trains not to be a cretin.

Turok_TTZ

Hahaha is that red in his hair?

Can't forget the moment he thought he was cool and wore different boots for different halves.

8Z2rNAL.jpg

lol never noticed that though then again I do recall one of our boys needed to replace his boots over something being defective...

And Guti was very passionate for madrid, though he did have quite a temper. I can only think of Gattuso when comparing the passion for their football and their club. neither are cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom