• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like refusing to sell a player at that price is a failure of management.

That sort of money can get you an excellent replacement and also strengthen your team elsewhere too. Good managers take that sort of money and find good replacements and make their team even better. If AVB is any good at his job then he should be just fine without Bale if he gets that sort of money for him.

DominoKid

That sort of money can get you an excellent replacement and also strengthen your team elsewhere too. Good managers take that sort of money and find good replacements and make their team even better. If AVB is any good at his job then he should be just fine without Bale if he gets that sort of money for him.

It would definitely be a failure of management. You have to take an offer like that.

Yes and we can do that next summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Like I've said a few times tonight, I'm in the don't sell camp.

If Spurs don't sell now, the least Madrid will come back with next year is an offer for 70m or so. If he has an even better season and gets them into the CL, they might make the same offer, and then Spurs have top European football to offer players with the 80/90m that Madrid stump up. Its win/win for them, whether they keep him or not. But they need to keep him for one more year, because the money is theirs regardless.

LegoArmo

What if Bale suffers a career threatening injury at the hands of Luis Suarez in the North London Derby next year, and Spurs miss out on the 80 mil?!

Scum

I think Levy wants this shit happening next summer instead, though. I don't think its a failure of the management.

Keeps form. Qualify for CL, sell Bale. Rake the money in.
Keeps form. Don't qualify. Sell Bale. Rake it in.
Doesn't keep form. Qualify or not. He stays or goes. Rake it in.

Levy gets money for the club, regardless. But sell him now, and we get conned by other selling clubs because "We have €100 in the bank."

Like I've said a few times tonight, I'm in the don't sell camp.

If Spurs don't sell now, the least Madrid will come back with next year is an offer for 70m or so. If he has an even better season and gets them into the CL, they might make the same offer, and then Spurs have top European football to offer players with the 80/90m that Madrid stump up. Its win/win for them, whether they keep him or not. But they need to keep him for one more year, because the money is theirs regardless.

That's assuming Madrid come back for him again next year after having a 100m bid rejected. Bale alone isn't going to get Spurs into 4th every year but his sale would increase the likelihood of having a stronger side that could.

They should sell now.

I think Levy wants this shit happening next summer instead, though.

Keeps form. Qualify for CL, sell Bale. Rake the money in.
Keeps form. Don't qualify. Sell Bale. Rake it in.
Doesn't keep form. Qualify or not. He stays or goes. Rake it in.

Levy gets money for the club, regardless. But sell him now, and we get conned by other selling clubs because "We have €100 in the bank."

No. Levy will sell Bale for £90+ million in the last week of August. Cue everyone applauding Levy for what a shrewd businessman he is.

Wilbur

Banned
That's assuming Madrid come back for him again next year after having a 100m bid rejected. Bale alone isn't going to get Spurs into 4th every year but his sale would increase the likelihood of having a stronger side that could.

They should sell now.

They'd come back. It's Madrid. Ronaldo will be a year older and a year nearer to the contract running out, Bale will be at Madrid eventually. If he gets them to fourth this year, he goes for at least the 100m Euros for helping Spurs so much and then the team have money in the bank and a higher profile in order to attract players. If they come fifth again, he'll go for at the very least 85m Euros or so, and that's still a considerable amount of money.

They should sell now.

This theory falls apart when you try and draw up a list of player we could sign to strengthen the team.

Scum

They should sell now.

Meus, pls. It's Madrid. If they don't come back, he stays. :p

No. Levy will sell Bale for £90+ million in the last week of August. Cue everyone applauding Levy for what a shrewd businessman he is.

Fucking hell. £90m+ is fucking absurd. o_O

Scum

I accidentally skipped over the racial comments section. I've learned my lesson.

1081oh-you.jpg

jtb

Banned
Soldado, Suarez/Rooney, some number 10 who can play on the wing, a defender or two. I'd take the money and spend it immediately imo. Maybe a Modric replacement too. I think that would definitely be an improvement; Bale is very good but he's just one player.

To be fair, selling Bale won't have much to do with AVB at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom