• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

Looks like Soldado is definitely joining us, all the Spanish press are saying Baldini finalised the transfer last night. Hopefully it's done by Monday and he can feature against Monaco.

With him we will have a fucking good team. Levy has made all the right moves this summer, now we need to gird our loins and ignore Real Madrid's phone calls for 3 weeks.

i hope so too

i just can't see bale and cr7 co existing on the pitch, both want to be THE MAN on the pitch

sell cr7, get bale (next summer)

Lightning

Banned
Looks like Soldado is definitely joining us, all the Spanish press are saying Baldini finalised the transfer last night. Hopefully it's done by Monday and he can feature against Monaco.

With him we will have a fucking good team. Levy has made all the right moves this summer, now we need to gird our loins and ignore Real Madrid's phone calls for 3 weeks.
We really need to get Suarez in the door or you could over take us next season. We've had Wenger's entire reign ahead of you and we get Suarez in the door we will blow you away again regardless of your squad!

MPW

We really need to get Suarez in the door or you could over take us next season. We've had Wenger's entire reign ahead of you and we get Suarez in the door we will blow you away again regardless of your squad!

why didn't arsenal ever go for soldado? or did they?

Lightning

Banned
why didn't arsenal ever go for soldado? or did they?
I can't find any credible links for him to us. We went for Higuain and then dropped that once Madrid raised the price and have focused solely on Suarez.

According to those with close links to our club we really want Suarez.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Are Arsenal being linked to anyone besides Suarez and Bernard? They still need 3 or 4 squad players. Unless Wenger is going to use the kids as back-ups.

Rhaegar

Are Arsenal being linked to anyone besides Suarez and Bernard? They still need 3 or 4 squad players. Unless Wenger is going to use the kids as back-ups.

Arse-GAF can correct me if I'm wrong, but no one else that I've seen. They almost certainly need another decent CB with our current injury status and uncertain contribution from Vermaelen. Would love to get a young CDM to start planning for the post-Arteta era as well...I hear Fellaini is pretty good. ;-)

Gotta start spending some of that warchest, unless our plan is to sign about fifty French 17 year olds.

Lightning

Banned
Aside from Cesar which the links are weak as hell I don't think so. We seem to be putting a lot of energy into Suarez. Even the Bernard commitment is questionable given the bullcrap opening bid.

Rad-

If Madrid buys Bale they will have a pretty amazing attack lineup. Bar their striker. I don't get why they aren't buying a new striker. For example Rooney would be much better than what they have now. Pls Madrid overbid for Rooney.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm slightly concerned that we aren't seriously being linked anyone at the moment. Soldado is going to Spurs and I'm not sure we're even looking at Bernard.

The signings we've made have improved our squad depth, but I don't think that the first team has been improved by any significant margin.

MPW

If Madrid buys Bale they will have a pretty amazing attack lineup. Bar their striker. I don't get why they aren't buying a new striker. For example Rooney would be much better than what they have now. Pls Madrid overbid for Rooney.

lol no

Rhaegar

If Rooney gets his motivation back (which he most likely will if he joins a new club) he's definitely the better player than Benzema.

feedbagdnky.gif

GorillaJu

I'm slightly concerned that we aren't seriously being linked anyone at the moment. Soldado is going to Spurs and I'm not sure we're even looking at Bernard.

The signings we've made have improved our squad depth, but I don't think that the first team has been improved by any significant margin.

I think the first team we saw second half of 12/13 was a pretty good first team. And I think Mig and Toure are slight improvements on Pepe and Carra... But yeah I'm inclined to agree.

Would be nice to get a class signing before the window closes. Someone exciting like Mkh was.

Feorax

I think the first team we saw second half of 12/13 was a pretty good first team. And I think Mig and Toure are slight improvements on Pepe and Carra... But yeah I'm inclined to agree.

Would be nice to get a class signing before the window closes. Someone exciting like Mkh was.

IF (and this is a massive if) we can convince Suarez to stay, we can probably get by bringing in just one wide player (assuming the Cissokho deal goes through). Lose him though, and we need a least 3 attacking players.

panty

"Oferta por Bale: 60 millones de euros más Di María y Coentrao"

What an awesome deal, Spurs should totally accept this yes pls.

Meier

I hope it's not true because the amount of players Spurs could bring in with that money would be dangerous.

Part of the main problem for them is their wage ceiling. They can't bring in anyone who is near Bale's quality because they'd have to pay them £150-200k a week or so most likely. What they'd end up doing is getting someone like a Bernard who is very talented and probably available for £75-100k a week, but is still young and untested in a difficult domestic league.

And they can't offer UCL games on top of that. They'd be in a tough spot selling Bale this summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
maybe condoms are, i dunno, suffocating my dick, but when i have one on it sometimes goes flaccid quite easily. when i have it off, it goes and stays hard easily. i've never tried one of the thinner condoms, though, but part of me is afraid they might tear.

Mine hates condoms too. Try these though, they work perfectly for me.

-
also, it is practically impossible for me to come when having sex. when i'm jerking off, i can orgasm literally within 30 seconds. but with a woman it's practically impossible. i had the same problems climaxing the last time i had sex.

Change position!

I typed all of this while driving, how is that :lol

Ushojax

We don't want Madrid's shitty cast offs, their wages alone would be far beyond what we could afford. I don't think Levy's going to budge but if he did he'd want all cash.

I don't think Madrid can afford 100m right now.

panty

We don't want Madrid's shitty cast offs, their wages alone would be far beyond what we could afford. I don't think Levy's going to budge but if he did he'd want all cash.

I don't think Madrid can afford 100m right now.

I wouldn't call Di Maria and Coentrao shitty :lol

The money's there but we have way too many players for the same position. God I'm pissed that Kaka is likely to stay, what a joke.

ElTopo, have you tried talking to the Gesundheitsamt or maybe even the Gesundheitsministerium or something like that?

From what you've told us, it's clear that those guys won't be able to get rid of the problem and that's just fucking nasty.

Ushojax

I wouldn't call Di Maria and Coentrao shitty :lol

The money's there but we have way too many players for the same position. God I'm pissed that Kaka is likely to stay, what a joke.

I wouldn't want either of them in my team, both complete morons and would be too big a drain financially. All they would do is get in the way of the young players we already have.

We don't need the money right now. We've got our key targets and the top players aren't available now and wouldn't join a Europa team if they were. Next summer is the time to listen to offers.

Lightning

Banned
I wouldn't want either of them in my team, both complete morons and would be too big a drain financially. All they would do is get in the way of the young players we already have.

We don't need the money right now. We've got our key targets and the top players aren't available now and wouldn't join a Europa team if they were. Next summer is the time to listen to offers.
You haven't got the memo. You're not getting into the CL next season either.

Salazar

Tom Conn ‏@TomConnISF 1m
Barcelona have offered €4m for Manchester City's Denis Suárez. The 19-year-old Spaniard has 1 year left on contract. Good bit of business

loool dc

ain't that a punch in the boys

Nah, the wages those players would demand aren't exactly appealing. Levy is right to wait for more than 50m pounds. Bale will go for more when he goes, and Spurs will be hoping it's when they're in the CL.

justjohn

Madrid will probably sue to increase their proportion of the Spanish tv deal.

They're just that kind of fucking club.
Anything that facilitates the destruction of la liga is good for me. Hope they take all the money and leave the 18 clubs so broke they have to fold.

Salazar

Andy Mitten ‏@AndyMitten 1m
Waiting for Hong Kong press conf. P Crerand comes up. "What sort of Spanish name is Cecil?" "What?" "Cecil Fabregas" "It's Francesc". "Oh"

Plausible

Very fucking plausible

LTWheels

Owen: "I'm struggling to understand why Suarez would leave and stay in England with Liverpool being the stature they are."

Even Owen think it's a silly move. Lol

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v Thailand: Mignolet, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Borini.

@LFC: Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Kelly, Flanagan, Suarez, Spearing, Wisdom, Robinson, Henderson, Alberto, Downing, Sterling, Ibe, Coates, Assaidi, Ward.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LeleSocho is gonna be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!

Why? Someone stole his SENSE OF HUMOUR?
well not us, we only steal points

I don't hate them, honestly. And I'll even cheer for them in Europe. Having a strong Napoli around is fantastic, I'm tired of the Milanese clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom