• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

1080p HD GIF I just made of Coutz goal.

4xrekig.gif

:lol made it on a random "youtube to gif" website.

FootballFan

Eh, I don't 'hate' them either. Their fans can be quite annoying though. And FootballFan likes them, so I feel obligated to 'hate' them. Napoli and Fiorentina getting stronger and stronger is a good thing for the league, so fine by me.

U wot m8.

Gab that to me mug and not online, see wot comes about.

Razor554

"Barcelona have made Man City reserves midfielder Denis Suarez (19) a four-year offer, with a first season at Barcelona B. [marca]"

Is this guy any good?

Arnie

Thoughts from the first half:

Mignolet's as good as people said he was.
Coutinho's better than anyone could even have imagined.
Borini's a bit useless.
Aspas is like a Spanish Defoe.
Joe Allen is a baller.
If Liverpool is the world's greatest football family then Kolo is the daddy.

"Barcelona have made Man City reserves midfielder Denis Suarez (19) a four-year offer, with a first season at Barcelona B. [marca]"

Is this guy any good?
He's pretty good.

No Suso, like, but a good prospect. Aren't you Spanish? He's had a fair few minutes for the U20s.

Sane_Man

I don't think Enrique, Downing, Joe Allen or Borini will ever be good enough for Liverpool. Those are the players we need to replace as well as another CB and DM. Not necessarily all in this transfer window.

Arnie

I don't think Enrique, Downing, Joe Allen or Borini will ever be good enough for Liverpool. Those are the players we need to replace as well as another CB and DM. Not necessarily all in this transfer window.

I think Joe Allen will be. And Downing's been really good for a while now.

Borini and Enrique I agree with. The former in particular really doesn't do anything.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Well, this is bizarre..

A Trojan horse in green-and-white hoops is trundling its way unnoticed towards the heart of English football.

Carlisle-based Celtic Nation currently plays before crowds of around 50 people in division one of the Northern League, the eighth tier of English football. But the Observer can reveal that an audacious master plan is afoot which could in effect see an English version of the famous Scottish club, Celtic FC, participating in the Premier League.

For 16 years of its 18-year existence, Celtic Nation was known as Gilford Park, until a chance meeting between some of its supporters and a US-based Glaswegian millionaire on a lay-by in north-west England. Frank Lynch, a 73-year-old diehard supporter of the current Scottish champions, helped to shape the career of Billy Connolly when he ran Glasgow's Apollo Theatre concert venue.

He was seeking a small and unknown English club to launch his dream when he stopped to help some supporters of Gilford Park whose bus had broken down. They persuaded Lynch to come and watch their local heroes and, within a year, the club's name had been changed to Celtic Nation. They now play in the green-and-white hoops made famous by the Glasgow team and have adopted a new club crest which bears an uncanny resemblance to that of Celtic FC.

Already Celtic Nation have begun to build a squad of players designed to propel them through the feeder divisions of the English Football League. Last week they were able to outbid several senior Scottish clubs to sign Greenock Morton striker Colin McMenamin.

In an interview with the Daily Record yesterday, Lynch said: "There are 92 clubs in England, but none of them caters specifically for the Scottish and Irish communities in their midst. I want to establish a club that has a Celtic identity and would like to encourage people of Scottish and Irish heritage to come and watch us play. Celtic Nation have a ground with security of tenure and they're going somewhere. My project is like climbing Everest – but we've got past the stage of establishing our base camp, and word of mouth will take us from the bottom of the game's pyramid to somewhere higher."

Although Celtic FC have no official connection with Celtic Nation, there has been intense speculation within the Carlisle online community that this may eventually become a vehicle for the Scottish champions to invade England.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...k-celtic-nation-kevin-lynch#start-of-comments

An interesting idea from a slightly crazy fan.

sohois

Borini has been fine this game, offered far more than Aspas in the respective half.

But of course, Aspas is new, so everything he does is promising, even when its bad, whilst anything Borini does is not good enough.

LTWheels

I think Enrique is good enough. I saw a break down of the goals we conceded this season. It was something like 58% from the right. Johnson is a far greater defensive liability than Enrique. I also think Enrique links up better with the forwards than Johnson.

I also love seeing Enrique on mad forward runs.

FootballFan

I think Enrique is good enough. I saw a break down of the goals we conceded this season. It was something like 58% from the right. Johnson is a far greater defensive liability than Enrique. I also think Enrique links up better with the forwards than Johnson.

image.php

Sane_Man

Borini has been fine this game, offered far more than Aspas in the respective half.

But of course, Aspas is new, so everything he does is promising, even when its bad, whilst anything Borini does is not good enough.

Aspas has had a fairly poor game, no doubt, but he's looked good in the other games. Borini isn't awful by any means but he just doesn't seem to fit into the team and he never bloody scores. He does have the odd moment of brilliance. I'd love him to prove me wrong.

PaulLFC

I like Enrique, I just wish his decision making was better at times, especially what to do when he's made a good run - too often he gets tackled or gives the ball away even with other players making good runs for him.

sohois

Aspas has had a fairly poor game, no doubt, but he's looked good in the other games. Borini isn't awful by any means but he just doesn't seem to fit into the team and he never bloody scores. He does have the odd moment of brilliance. I'd love him to prove me wrong.

But he's only played like 10 games, how can that possibly be enough to judge him?

also apsas scores

PaulLFC

Aspas scored. Missed the goal though because this idiot match director decided to show a replay when the ball was in play again.

LTWheels

I like Enrique, I just wish his decision making was better at times, especially what to do when he's made a good run - too often he gets tackled or gives the ball away even with other players making good runs for him.

When he does lose the ball, he has shown that he is quick enough and strong enough to get back. I have less confidence in Johnson getting back and making a recovering tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom