• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Don't bother with the Cesc thing guys, 8th time I've said it but might as well say it again.

Rafinha went out on loan.
Afellay is injured.
Thiago was sold.
Dos Santos is rumoured to be on his way out any second now.

If Cesc is sold, that leaves Roberto as Xavi and Iniesta's only back up. :lol

Unless we already have some other CM's in the 'to buy list' lined up, Cesc is staying put.

I don't see Cesc leaving for Manchester. Come on now guys.

imK7VbtyLVoi9.gif

I think only Cleff thinks it's happening.

Tc91

Don't bother with the Cesc thing guys, 8th time I've said it but might as well say it again.

Rafinha went out on loan.
Afellay is injured.
Thiago was sold.
Dos Santos is rumoured to be on his way out any second now.

If Cesc is sold, that leaves Roberto as Xavi and Iniesta's only back up. :lol

Unless we already have some other CM's in the 'to buy list' lined up, Cesc is staying put.

You have Mascherano and don't forget about Song, they are CM not defenders.

Watch Pep just destroy the Bayern midfield and turn all his minions into CB, have fun Tiggy.

Since when did United openly talk about transfers like this?

It's different, but I'm not agreeing with everyone that it's worse. Fergie and Gill kept a lot of things schtum and causally or not we fucked up a lot of transfers.

Guardiola came out and made a statement of intent about Thiago and was lauded for making a strong move. Moyes is being derided for it because it's not how Fergie did things.

ShogunX

@ManUtd: "I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going." - David Moyes on Cesc Fabregas bid. #mufc

-_-
Have less people been taking notice of twitter bollocks this year or have the likes of ITKAgent not returned?

Salvadora

It's different, but I'm not agreeing with everyone that it's worse. Fergie and Gill kept a lot of things schtum and causally or not we fucked up a lot of transfers.

Guardiola came out and made a statement of intent about Thiago and was lauded for making a strong move. Moyes is being derided for it because it's not how Fergie did things.
That's a bit disingenuous, I think.

Guardiola came about about Thiago & signed him within a very short period of time. And was his ex-manager.

pappe

That's a bit disingenuous, I think.

Guardiola came about about Thiago & signed him within a very short period of time. And was his ex-manager.

I think Guardiola came out and talked about him only because he was 100% sure Thiago was ready to join him and the deal was almost done. Dont think he would have risked jeopardizing the relationship with his bosses over that transfer by causing a public embarrassment.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I would love to see Suarez at Arsenal, I miss them being our rivals, they were always good years.

Also FabOFF, its too good to be true

Jack cw

I think Guardiola came out and talked about him only because he was 100% sure Thiago was ready to join him and the deal was almost done. Dont think he would have risked jeopardizing the relationship with his bosses over that transfer by causing a public embarrassment.
This is correct. Guardiola said that he convinced Thiago three days before that conference to join Bayern and thats why the got him. United missed so many chances to sign a class CM... They wont get Cesc, Barca needs him and honestly United doesnt look that appealing right now.

Linius

There's a big difference. The Thiago thing was done within days and was a definite statement, also far from impossible given the buyout clause. Also Guardiola can only make wishes, he is not responsible for the actual negotiations and transfers. I always found it odd how much power English managers had.

Edit:
Also Wolfsburg wants Gustavo. Lol. Why would Gustavo go to Wolfsburg? I'm sure he could go to much more successful clubs.

And then all of a sudden Wolfsburg starts doing good again. You never know in the German league. At one moment HSV is almost relegated and the next they play European football. Not following Wolfsburg very closely but with the right players they could be up there again right?

confuziz

Banned
CL draw (3rd qualification round) is in an hour. PSV can draw the following opponents:

PAOK Saloniki
Red Bull Salzburg
FC Nordsjaelland
Grasshoppers
Zulte Waregem

Grasshoppers or Zulte Waregem should be easy to beat. PAOK is probably the worst, I hate greek atmosphere.

Linius

CL draw (3rd qualification round) is in an hour. PSV can draw the following opponents:

PAOK Saloniki
Red Bull Salzburg
FC Nordsjaelland
Grasshoppers
Zulte Waregem

Grasshoppers or Zulte Waregem should be easy to beat. PAOK is probably the worst, I hate greek atmosphere.

Nordsjaelland would be funny for the sake of this thread. Then you have Wooden behind you :p

But yeah, Zulte Waregem should be an easy one. Not too sure about Grasshoppers, it's been a very long time since we've played them. Red Bull and PAOK are the ones you'd like to avoid I think.

confuziz

Banned
Nordsjaelland would be funny for the sake of this thread. Then you have Wooden behind you :p

But yeah, Zulte Waregem should be an easy one. Not too sure about Grasshoppers, it's been a very long time since we've played them. Red Bull and PAOK are the ones you'd like to avoid I think.

Yeah. Next round will be impossible anyway :lol.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like we are interested in McCarthy again. For £8-10m I would take him, then we could chuck Huddlestone, Parker and Livermore without worry.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ade could be staying it seems:

"We have [Hugo] Almeida, [Michael] Eneramo, Mustafa [Pektemek] and Ömer [Şişmanoğlu], I am more than happy with our strength upfront now and we don't need anybody else," Bilic said when asked about Adebayor.

I think with a good pre-season he can still be a great player for us, he's not the first top striker to have a shit season. I can't see us starting the season with four forwards though so unless Defoe is sold I guess it's one of Benteke or Soldado. It seems we are trying to get Valencia to sell and Benteke will be our second option.

Manager

Apparently Jovetic is having his medical right now,

At Manchester Airport yesterday:
BPhjLKCCYAA3RaV.jpg:large

As mentioned before, Negredo had medical yesterday:
iY9d6dAIqvVKJ.jpg

I don't remember this thread having so many new fickle Muppets last summer :(

Stop getting so get up about the Utd rumours. Papers make up shit. I doubt 90% of our supposed bids or 'almost dones' were even remotely legitimate.

Feorax

L'Equipe say Liverpool still serious about Ben Arfa.

We mighg be able to get him cheap of Kinnear is negotiating.

He's a class player, but very injury prone. Would be a real test for sports science team. That being said, we should have enough depth there with Downing and Luis Alberto if necessary to cover any knocks he might pick up and keep him fresh.

Looks like Arsenal are going to make that £40m bid after all, supposedly in the next 48hrs. I genuinely believe this is make or break time. If Suarez doesn't go after this, then he won't go at all this summer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We mighg be able to get him cheap of Kinnear is negotiating.

He's a class player, but very injury prone. Would be a real test for sports science team. That being said, we should have enough depth there with Downing and Luis Alberto if necessary to cover any knocks he might pick up and keep him fresh.

Looks like Arsenal are going to make that £40m bid after all, supposedly in the next 48hrs. I genuinely believe this is make or break time. If Suarez doesn't go after this, then he won't go at all this summer.

I honestly think he wont go, 3 years left is it? Liverpool cant just give over a player of his talent if they want champions league football, or better. Despite his temperament he is a diamond in the rough that comes around very very rarely. Also for Suarez its a weird move because, though its champions league football, its not a huge step up for him at the moment, it feels odd he could sign a 5 year deal during his prime years to a club thats not in the very very top tier.

Feorax

I honestly think he wont go, 3 years left is it? Liverpool cant just give over a player of his talent if they want champions league football, or better. Despite his temperament he is a diamond in the rough that comes around very very rarely. Also for Suarez its a weird move because, though its champions league football, its not a huge step up for him at the moment, it feels odd he could sign a 5 year deal during his prime years to a club thats not in the very very top tier.

These were my thoughts too. If he signs for Arsenal, he can basically kiss his La Liga dreams goodbye. Would make far more sense to stay here for another season, even if he's just playing for a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom