• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

"Martino will tomorrow train in Barcelona with players who returned from holiday today, except Neymar, who will travel to Poland. [cat radio]"

So Neygod is going to destroy Lechia Gdańsk tomorrow.

tumblr_mp8g18xbw31r0tytoo1_500.gif

Probably old, but nontheless hilarious:

Fox Soccer (ahem) is running the headline 'Owen says Suarez should join Real Madrid or Barcelona', something to that effect. Owen's actual quote:

"Arsenal are a fabulous club and have got a great heritage, but Liverpool are as big - if not bigger," Owen said on BBC's Sportsweek.

"I'd be very surprised if he were to move to Arsenal. Madrid or Barcelona would make more sense. I'm struggling to understand why he would leave and stay in England with Liverpool being the stature they are."

So, Schweinsteiger wins Kicker's player of the year on an all-time low, percentage wise. Turns out Kicker wrongly contacted the majority of journalists and only 1/7 actually voted.

I see, I see, Bayern is even faking awards now...

kharma45

Quite happy to keep him. He's extremely destructive when on form.

He is.

I'd be glad to see him get a new deal if only to make sure he doesn't leave for free. Still, could well end up at Monaco http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ule-out-bid-for-manchester-united-winger-nani

#DownwithKharma

Oh :(

Nani, Valencia and Vidic playing their first pre-season game tonight at Crewe.

Hernandez and Rooney haven't played any minutes yet either.

Can't really afford a slow start to the season this year, slightly concerning.

Any word on Powell yet?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're playing Lazio, Inter, Milan, Torino & Fiorentina in the first 8 weeks of Serie A.
KuGsj.gif

Fucking bring it.

LegoArmo

Has Salva still not posted? I feel so bad now, I was only joking. :(

Please come back, and just add me to your ignore list if I bother you, the thread doesn't need to lose another member.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1: Samp (A)
2: Lazio (H)
3: Merda (A)
4: Verona (H)
5: Chievo (A)
6: Torino (A)
7: Milan (H)
8: Fiorentina (A)
9: Genoa (H)
10: Catania (H)
11: Parma (A)
12: Napoli (H)
13: Livorno (A)
14: Udinese (H)
15: Bologna (A)
16: Sassuolo (H)
17: Atalanta (A)
18: Roma (H)
19: Cagliari (A)

BQW9yajCIAAjApN.jpg

noal

Banned
I took a day off when the Wii U launched. Just to make sure nobody missed the delivery of course, then I had to wait a while for it to update.

Lads, advice time (not for me, but still....)

You work at a small business trying to scrape by and get out of debt. One day, in routine of work, you accidentally damage a piece of essential equipment which might end up costing £200-300. This means your business also must be shut for the day. You were also supposed to be given your last week's wages at the end of the night.

What do you do?

You work at a small business trying to scrape by and get out of debt. One day, in routine of work, you accidentally damage a piece of essential equipment which might end up costing £200-300. This means your business also must be shut for the day. You were also supposed to be given your last week's wages at the end of the night.

What do you do?

Is it the type of business where you'll be expected to cover the cost of damages and lost revenue?

What do you do?

Money now.

What do you do?

Admit it if its a small business.

1) Morally right thing to do
2) If the small business is struggling with debt, £300 is a significant financial hole

If the person who broke it (blatantly you) is similarly financially insecure, that throws a spanner in the works. My morality only goes so far :p

GQman2121

Banned

What do you do?

Depending on how said equipment was damaged.....

Keep. Mouth. Shut.

Otherwise, come clean if you know you can't deny your way out of it.

Is it the type of business where you'll be expected to cover the cost of damages and lost revenue?

I don't think such expectations would ever have been expressed in this place.

Edit: Damage was caused by performing a task requested by the owner. My feeling is that person who caused damage would only be partly responsible on the grounds of shit happens. It was a genuine accident and not out of negligence, as it happens.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

What do you do?

Pay out of my pocket.

I don't think such expectations would ever have been expressed in this place.

Edit: Damage was caused by performing a task requested by the owner. My feeling is that person who caused damage would only be partly responsible on the grounds of shit happens. It was a genuine accident and not out of negligence, as it happens.

In that case I would own up.

Sounds like machinery broke because sometimes machinery does.

Arnie

Do you guys actually take holidays so that you can play new games?

Maybe I will have to do the same for Pokemanz.
They're called pocket monsters for a reason, bruv. Train up Shinji in the loo.

I think I once called Bargain Booze to tell them I was sick on the first day of the Halo 3 beta, but I was like 14.

In this situation, the owner knows who did it. I was thinking that a good half-way measure would be to offer to work a full shift for free--not full amount of repair, and hardly any loss of earnings, but a gesture of good will because, again, shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom