• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

New Moyes quotes saying he's sure we'll get transfer business done soon.

I kind of wish he wouldn't say anything on the subject.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't help but feel like the Neymar signing is urging them to strike a deal of their own this summer.

Isco, Illaramendi and Carvajal are actually immensely bright signings from Madrid, for once. Three young Spanish players, targeting perceived problem zones. They need a striker now, and the only ones available are Suarez and Lewandowski (theoretically lol), and the former would be a marquee signing that makes more sense than Bale does, despite him being great.

Arnie

Bale and Ronaldo isn't any better than Neymar and Messi.

The only thing that's for certain is that the Premier League will continue to be a second rate league.
Probably foolish of me but I still don't rate Neymar on the same level as Bale. Think Bale's a lot closer to the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, than Neymar is. I think you can keep Neymar quiet, I've seen him have nothing games. Bale's so explosive and full of match winning moments that he's almost unstoppable.

They're all top, though. La Liga has the four best players but I wouldn't necessarily call it a top league. The gulf between those two teams and the rest is depressing. Kind of like the Bundesliga.
Can't help but feel like the Neymar signing is urging them to strike a deal of their own this summer.
Without a doubt.

Wilbur

Banned
La Liga doesn't have the four best players, baby. On reputation, sure. But... I'd have Vidal and Ribery above Xavi for sure.

3Sixty

BP4zFX-CIAAJ3mn.png

BN89_BWCYAAvjG0.png

SportBantz is the best twitter ever.

justjohn

Bale and Ronaldo isn't any better than Neymar and Messi.

The only thing that's for certain is that the Premier League will continue to be a second rate league.
At least premier league stars are spread around the clubs. All the big stars in la liga play for only two clubs whilst the rest have left. Soldado is next.

Its from an interview just published a few hours ago.

I'm reading it now. Great news, he's talking about signing players next year. That's exactly what we need. I guess we've got our eyes on some players who may run down their contracts.

They're all top, though. La Liga has the four best players but I wouldn't necessarily call it a top league. The gulf between those two teams and the rest is depressing. Kind of like the Bundesliga.

Of course it's a top league. Just because Barcelona and Madrid happen to be two of the best teams in the world, along with Bayern, it doesn't mean it isn't a top league. How often are there 3 Premier League teams that look like putting up a challenge for the title after February? Of course, it's always the same teams in La Liga whereas the PL has a little bit of variation, but it's still always a two horse race.

I'd wager that the 18 other teams in La Liga are better than the Premier League's.

Arnie

I want your resolve tested with a £50m bid if its rejected then fine we move on but I want it done sooner rather than later.

That's what people said with a £40 million bid. We've already said we're not selling to you, just like we said we wouldn't sell for £40 million. It's crystal clear.

Btw how pissed will you be if he actually does join us?
Wouldn't be 'pissed'.

I personally don't believe his character and baggage is worth the insane price tag that we've slapped on him. If you do buy him it'll take a mental £55 - 60 million bid and that's something I just wouldn't be sad about. We might not be as strong as we can be for a few months, but it's healthy business for our club.

And we've got Sturridge as a backup who's properly good, so depending on his fitness we'll be alright.

I agree, Liverpool would never sell their star striker to a fellow PL side if a massive off......

33gvcD2.jpg

Oh
We've already been through this.

A deal on that Torres scale for Suarez is like £70 million, with inflation and factoring in performance.

I'd snap Arsenal's hand off for that.

Suarez isn't worth 70m. He probably would be if he had the personality of Kaka, but everyone seems to be forgetting that he is Luis Suarez the man, as well as Luis Suarez the footballer.

£40m is a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom