• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Suarez isn't worth 70m. He probably would be if he had the personality of Kaka, but everyone seems to be forgetting that he is Luis Suarez the man, as well as Luis Suarez the footballer.

£40m is a fair price.
Of course he isn't.

Although you're talking out of your anus if you genuinely believe that closing statement.

For 50M I don't see why Liverpool wouldn't sell. I don't buy the 'Champions League rival' thing, because Liverpool aren't challenging for the CL

Feorax

I get the feeling Arsenal will make another bid for Suarez tomorrow. I also think it will be less than £45 million.

On a seperate note, surely if a third bid is turned down and the player doesn't push for the move, it's time to walk away.

jtb

Banned
I think if Liverpool are going to sell, it's going to come out at around 50m or so. Regardless of whether it's to Madrid, to Arsenal, to wherever. Suarez may be a better player than the hollow, fragile shell of Torres was, but Liverpool's bargaining position is a bit weakened since the club had only relatively recently fallen out of the top 4 when Torres was sold.

Feorax

I think if Liverpool are going to sell, it's going to come out at around 50m or so. Regardless of whether it's to Madrid, to Arsenal, to wherever. Suarez may be a better player than the hollow, fragile shell of Torres was, but Liverpool's bargaining position is a bit weakened since the club had only relatively recently fallen out of the top 4 when Torres was sold.

Surely that means it's more important to keep hold of him? It's easier to hold a player to a long term contract than it is to get a player to sign without CL football (see Mkhitaryan).

vbMDRSw.png

https://myplayertwin.com/

Of course he isn't.

Although you're talking out of your anus if you genuinely believe that closing statement.

Given that he has a proven track record of being a racist, biting and generally all round cuntish man who's been banned for a total of 25 games in 2 years, I would say that would remove a fair bit from his value.

Then you factor in that he no longer wants to play for Liverpool and you arrive at a figure in the ballpark of £40m.

Not biting.

I'm not baiting, seriously. I think you're a tier below the top 5 now (Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United and Spurs), Spurs are making great signings and for once it looks like Arsenal are looking to spend serious money.

You won't break the top 5, never mind the top 4. Not this year anyway.

Arnie

Given that he has a proven track record of being a racist, biting and generally all round cuntish man who's been banned for a total of 25 games in 2 years, I would say that would remove a fair bit from his value.

Then you factor in that he no longer wants to play for Liverpool and you arrive at a figure in the ballpark of £40m.

No, you do.

It took a £30 million, Broadmoor bid to get Arsenal fans creaming themselves over Luis Suarez and forgiving his misdemeanours. He plays football, unless he's got a physical illness that absolutely rules him out of action, like Darren Fletcher, it doesn't factor into a transfer fee between two clubs. Especially one that has no intention of selling.

Your entire valuation of Suarez is based on some warped reality where he exists in a footballing vacuum and his price is determined by Opta Stats.

He's contractually under obligation to play for Liverpool football club for the next three years. We dictate his fee.

Mastadon

Banned

Maybe, but thankfully when a player is tied to 3 year contract, the valuation is determined by the club who is selling.

LTWheels

A transfer fee is nothing other than the compensation from the ending of a contract early. The value of the transfer should reflect the value lost to the selling club by the player not completing his contract.

That's why players with short amount of time left on a contract go for less than players with long contracts.

Arnie

A transfer fee is nothing other than the compensation from the ending of a contract early. The value of the transfer should reflect the value lost to the selling club by the player not completing his contract.

That's why players with short amount of time left on a contract go for less than players with long contracts.

fuck off he's worth £40 million

and Liverpool should just sell because Arsenal are better

No, you do.

It took a £30 million, Broadmoor bid to get Arsenal fans creaming themselves over Luis Suarez and forgiving his misdemeanours. He plays football, unless he's got a physical illness that absolutely rules him out of action, like Darren Fletcher, it doesn't factor into a transfer fee between two clubs. Especially one that has no intention of selling.

Your entire valuation of Suarez is based on some warped reality where he exists in a footballing vacuum and his price is determined by Opta Stats.

He's contractually under obligation to play for Liverpool football club for the next three years. We dictate his fee.

You don't think missing out on 25 games in 2 years affects his price? You don't think the behaviour of footballers affects their career prospects?

In my opinion, £40m would be a fair price. If Liverpool don't think that's a fair price, fine.

LTWheels

fuck off he's worth £40 million

and Liverpool should just sell because Arsenal are better

Confirmed Gooner sleeper agent. I can see past your 'love' for Suso.

You don't think missing out on 25 games in 2 years affects his price? You don't think the behaviour of footballers affects their career prospects?

In my opinion, £40m would be a fair price. If Liverpool don't think that's a fair price, fine.

That's an argument for the buying club to try to make. However, if the selling club does not want to sell it does not matter. And if Arsenal are prepared to already pay £40m+ it shows that they really don't care about his behaviour. Also, I believe even with Suarez's bans he still has played more league games this season than Bale. He appears to not pick up injuries. Since he has played for Liverpool he;s practically been injury free.

Arnie

That your assessment of the transfer market pairs with Arsenal football club should have you deeply worried.

And I can't think of a case when a player of Luis Suarez's ability went for a reduced fee because of attitude issues. If you can give me a practical example to backup your argument then I'd love to hear it.
Confirmed Gooner sleeper agent. I can see past your 'love' for Suso.
He reminds me of Fabregas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom