• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Hmm

IJm9CHy.jpg

Ingeniero

Suarez isn't worth 70m. He probably would be if he had the personality of Kaka, but everyone seems to be forgetting that he is Luis Suarez the man, as well as Luis Suarez the footballer.

£40m is a fair price.

Yeah right.
More like:

£25m: Value as footballer (Liverpool didn't win anything relevant with him)
-£20m: For being a disgrace for this sport and a terrible example for kids, etc etc
----------
£5m: Fair price.

mil6es

ok to Liverpool-Gaf do you find Rawk as painful as I do to use?, seriously the transfer forum is a joke, a discussion starts then thread lock

LegoArmo

I'd definitely accept 50m if I was Liverpool, you could really improve the squad with that, and you get rid of a nutcase.

A 30m striker, a 20m winger? That would make your team infinitely better.

Just don't let Arsenal know that.

Yuck.

Charlie Sloth.

Akala is great though.

Arnie

I'd definitely accept 50m if I was Liverpool, you could really improve the squad with that, and you get rid of a nutcase.

And why do you buy the 30m striker and the 20m winger? To get Champions League football.

And you've just given the only truly vulnerable team in that bracket, the only team you can dislodge, a 50m striker.

So the logic doesn't work. It does if we sell to Real, I agree. But not to Arsenal.

Luckily the football club know this full well and have categorically said that we will not sell to Arsenal.

That your assessment of the transfer market pairs with Arsenal football club should have you deeply worried.

And I can't think of a case when a player of Luis Suarez's ability went for a reduced fee because of attitude issues. If you can give me a practical example to backup your argument then I'd love to hear it.

He reminds me of Fabregas.

Balotelli, Cassano (multiple times), Tevez (last year of his contract, but RVP went for more than double in the same situation) from the top of my head.

I wanted United to sign M'Vila a couple of years ago until I found out that he had proper attitude problems and he moved to Rubin for less than £10m.

All of those players have attitude problems, but none anywhere as bad as Suarez. How many players of Suarez's ability have been such cunts?

LegoArmo

And why do you buy the 30m striker and the 20m winger? To get Champions League football.

And you've just given the only truly vulnerable team in that bracket, the only team you can dislodge, a 50m striker.

So the logic doesn't work. It does if we sell to Real, I agree. But not to Arsenal.

Luckily the football club know this full well and have categorically said that we will not sell to Arsenal.

If Arsenal have £50m, they'll find a top striker somewhere anyway.

I think they're just mucking about anyway, they'll end up with Remy.

pulga

Banned
MI PIPITA ;_; ;_;

1375125103_532205_1375125169_noticia_grande.jpg

Ive waited so long for this day, and now that it's here, I can't help but long for your incessant bottling ;_;

Tc91

Balotelli, Cassano (multiple times), Tevez (last year of his contract, but RVP went for more than double in the same situation) from the top of my head.

I wanted United to sign M'Vila a couple of years ago until I found out that he had proper attitude problems and he moved to Rubin for less than £10m.

All of those players have attitude problems, but none anywhere as bad as Suarez. How many players of Suarez's ability have been such cunts?

Why did I get that twat on the back of my France away shirt from the Euro's? Smh.

Lightning

Banned

We will strengthen our squad regardless of Suarez. You have no hope in hell of dislodging us. Spurs have a better chance than you do as you have next to zero.

LTWheels

Akala is great though.

The thing is, I don't really think that there is any strikers or attacking midfielders/wingers of that value that are realistically available this transfer window. Soldado will most likely be at Spurs by the time the Suarez situation is resolved. Bernard is most likely going to Porto.

Ideally Liverpool need to look for good players where their has been a change of management; and the new manager does not rate a player and brings in a replacement. Such as we did with Sturridge. For example; with Bayern bringing in Gomez and Thiago; maybe there is a disgruntled player being pushed to the fringes.

It's rumoured that Mourinho does not rate Mata. It would never happen, but I would love to see Liverpool use Suarez's money to sign Mata. But he probably would not want to come to us.

Arnie

None of those players were worth a fraction to their respective clubs as Suarez is to Liverpool, and LTWheels said it's Liverpool who set the value.

Balotelli went for close to what he was bought for, which is about right considering he didn't flourish on the pitch (unlike Suarez). Cassano was never as good as Suarez, and Tevez's fee was low because of his contract situation and his age.
If Arsenal have £50m, they'll find a top striker somewhere anyway.

I think they're just mucking about anyway, they'll end up with Remy.
No they won't. If Arsenal don't sign Suarez they will, as you rightly point out, move for someone like Remy. And we still keep the 50m striker.

Now we've got Mignolet, and hopefully we can sign Papadopoulos still (this is Usho levels of optimism) I think we'll be much better at protecting our clean sheets.

jtb

Banned
basically, my takeaway from the whole Suarez situation is that we should really just go all in on Rooney. or Dzeko. or both!

Arnie

We will strengthen our squad regardless of Suarez. You have no hope in hell of dislodging us. Spurs have a better chance than you do as you have next to zero.

delusion delusion delusion

You're fucking poo in the transfer market. You've only bought Sanogo. Who else you getting? It's August in less than two days. You've only bought Sanogo. It's August in less than two days. You've only bought Sanogo.

And Spurs definitely have a better chance at dislodging you than we do, not arguing that.

Lightning

Banned
delusion delusion delusion

You're fucking poo in the transfer market. You've only bought Sanogo. Who else you getting? It's August in less than two days. You've only bought Sanogo. It's August in less than two days. You've only bought Sanogo.

And Spurs definitely have a better chance at dislodging you than we do, not arguing that.
We'll see come end of August but for your sake and Spurs you better hope you're right because your squad has slightly more depth but not more quality than last season and will still fall behind.

Arnie

We'll see come end of August but for your sake and Spurs you better hope you're right because your squad has slightly more depth but not more quality than last season and will still fall behind.

We've got a better goalkeeper, so again you're just wrong.

And even if we've only signed depth, it's better than signing Sanogo and nout else.

I feel your asspain.

tumblr_mqnrlrKjSU1rpp39lo2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom