• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

3REXecD.jpg

I love this picture of Roker Park. I only went like a dozen times but I remember it vivdly, my first great footballing memory... what a header!

Dazzler

The Guardian seems to be going big on the Bale to Madrid story. I find them a more valid source than Marca, although they have been spectacularly wrong in the past

Arnie

Going to be a mad August. United, Arsenal, Liverpool all should have a couple of players coming in.

United will scoop the Fellaini and Baines one, two combo.

Arsenal will grab the Remy and Cesar one, two phlegmbo.

Liverpool will smash the Papadopolous and Eriksen one, two rumbo.

Feorax

Fuck's sake.
6A4WiFJ.png

Congrats, I dub thee the white, bearde Bebe.

The Guardian seems to be going big on the Bale to Madrid story. I find them a more valid source than Marca, although they have been spectacularly wrong in the past

There is definitely something going on, but the final say will rest with Levy and Bale.

The Modric saga would suggest Bale is going nowhere, but then again, we're at a whole new level in terms of fees being thrown around.

I expect the Suarez and Bale sagas to be done in the next couple of week. Rooney may drag on a bit though.

Showaddy

They're basing all their info off Marca though lol and the guy who reporting it all is he same guy who swore blind Bale would be going to Inter Milan a couple of years ago...

Anderson

They're basing all their info off Marca though lol and the guy who reporting it all is he same guy who swore blind Bale would be going to Inter Milan a couple of years ago...

Don't remind me, all the build up leading to it, everyone on twitter and football forums creaming themselves on who was signing who. I've distrusted the internet ever since

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well he's served four games out of the 10. He never got sent off last season and never got injured - Him being a cunt shouldn't be a factor in his price.

Of course him being a cunt factors into the price. Do you think Joey Barton would command the same fee as Scott Parker despite them being of similar quality?

dc89

So me and my GF kinda signed up at the gym, 6 week offer thingy. We get 6 weeks worth of membership for less than 1 months fee, access to all facilities and classes etc. So I go for my induction... He asks what sport I play if any, so I say 5 a side twice a week. So we agree to a cardio routine to increase my overall fitness and stamina!

Well fuck me, I'm tired.

Excercise Bike, Treadmill, Cross trainer, rower and more bike.

I've got different targets on the equipment, time based, distance traveled etc. For example on the rower I do 4 intervals of 100m as fast as possible with a 1 min cooldown inbetween the intervals. My best time so far is 100m in 23 seconds, he wants it less than 20 seconds. o_O

tumblr_lk976xKqfF1qdtfdbo1_400.gif

Arnie

Well he's served four games out of the 10. He never got sent off last season and never got injured - Him being a cunt shouldn't be a factor in his price.

He's played enough games to invalidate the whole 'twats cost less' argument, certainly.

Of course him being a cunt factors into the price. Do you think Joey Barton would command the same fee as Scott Parker despite them being of similar quality?

I think those two players are in such a different universe to Suarez in terms of footballing ability that the comparison doesn't really wash.

Suarez is the second best striker in the league, and he's played as many games last season as the best player in the league. He's not Joey Barton.

pulga

Banned
So me and my GF kinda signed up at the gym, 6 week offer thingy. We get 6 weeks worth of membership for less than 1 months fee, access to all facilities and classes etc. So I go for my induction... He asks what sport I play if any, so I say 5 a side twice a week. So we agree to a cardio routine to increase my overall fitness and stamina!

Well fuck me, I'm tired.

I've got different targets on the equipment, time based, distance traveled etc.

I think your girlfriend is happiest over your potential stamina increase!

images

All this cost analysis is bollocks.

A player is worth whatever the selling club is willing to sell him for and whatever the buying club is willing to pay.

Illaramendi isn't actually "worth" €85m is he, but RM were willing to put it down, so that was the price.

Arnie

A player is worth whatever the selling club is willing to sell him for and whatever the buying club is willing to pay.

Illaramendi isn't actually "worth" €85m is he, but RM were willing to put it down, so that was the price.

no but what do you think he's worth Viv?

http://i.imgur.com/JJmuvQ7.jpg[IMG]

Destroy him Klopp.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are only 2 matches we can win against Bayern. Unfortunately, Pep will most likely get away with his strange tactics and fucking up Bayern's whole defense.

Edit: At least in the Bundesliga/DFB cup

kharma45

Well fuck me, I'm tired.

I've got different targets on the equipment, time based, distance traveled etc. For example on the rower I do 4 intervals of 100m as fast as possible with a 1 min cooldown inbetween the intervals. My best time so far is 100m in 23 seconds, he wants it less than 20 seconds. o_O

I had a mini vomit in my mouth today in the gym, was delightful.

panty

Phew it's a good thing Real didn't pay 85M for him, you cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom