• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew it's a good thing Real didn't pay 85M for him, you cunt.

i926VEvDBQBug.gif

Cos you were rude I'm making it €86m.

bud

So me and my GF kinda signed up at the gym, 6 week offer thingy. We get 6 weeks worth of membership for less than 1 months fee, access to all facilities and classes etc. So I go for my induction... He asks what sport I play if any, so I say 5 a side twice a week. So we agree to a cardio routine to increase my overall fitness and stamina!

Well fuck me, I'm tired.

Excercise Bike, Treadmill, Cross trainer, rower and more bike.

I've got different targets on the equipment, time based, distance traveled etc. For example on the rower I do 4 intervals of 100m as fast as possible with a 1 min cooldown inbetween the intervals. My best time so far is 100m in 23 seconds, he wants it less than 20 seconds. o_O

tumblr_lk976xKqfF1qdtfdbo1_400.gif

the treadmill, excercise bike and cross trainer sound like a waste of money. you're already doing cardio by playing five a side every week, are you not? in your situation i'd rather focus on weight lifting instead.

dc89

the treadmill, excercise bike and cross trainer sound like a waste of money. you're already doing cardio by playing five a side every week, are you not? in your situation i'd rather focus on weight lifting instead.

I'm a bit limited in my ability with weight lifting at the moment cause of my finger. I've essentially got 2 fingers and a thumb on my left hand. So I'd rather not risk dropping something heavy on myself haha.

I can do that one more time and then switch it up with the instructor.

kharma45

Yeah that's too much cardio. Get lifting DC.

I'm a bit limited in my ability with weight lifting at the moment cause of my finger. I've essentially got 2 fingers and a thumb on my left hand. So I'd rather not risk dropping something heavy on myself haha.

I can do that one more time and then switch it up with the instructor.

Do legs then.

ShogunX

Of course him being a cunt factors into the price. Do you think Joey Barton would command the same fee as Scott Parker despite them being of similar quality?

Him being a cunt might of put off a few off a few clubs from making a bid, but considering Arsenal have already bid 40m+ it seems his value hasn't dropped.

dc89

If you strap up your finger you should be able to do some moderate lifting.

Going for physio on it on Wednesday. I'll see after that but at the minute I have no movement in it at the second knuckle. It really, really sucks. It's extreeeeeeeme

This transfer window is getting interesting. Bale, Suarez, Fabregas, Bebe. Make or break.

Just watched The Imposter, very gripping and creepy

ShogunX

This transfer window is getting interesting. Bale, Suarez, Fabregas, Bebe. Make or break.

Just watched The Imposter, very gripping and creepy

Weird film that one. I left the film with the impression that a family member had killed the young boy and therefore knew all along that the imposter wasn't actually their son.

FootballFan

All this cost analysis is bollocks.

A player is worth whatever the selling club is willing to sell him for and whatever the buying club is willing to pay.

Illaramendi isn't actually "worth" €85m is he, but RM were willing to put it down, so that was the price.

Yep, that argument sucks imo. "Torres cost 50m so _____ should cost at least that". If that was the case, J. dos Santos is worth 40m since he is better than Carroll, who was sold for 35m.

If Liverpool value Suarez at 95m then that's what they value him at, has nothing to do with Torres or Carroll.

You also make a good point with Illarramendi, is he really 2 and a half times better than Isco? No, but he cost 2 and half times more because that is how much Sociedad wanted.

I know that article is bollocks cos it's John Cross and cos he says "Arsenal have been in a similar position with Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas".

They're not similar. Arsenal are the only club who let their good players leave as soon as they want to and put up 0 fight in negotiations.

Jokers.

dc89

Hmm. I wonder if Pellegrini is going to make a move for a defender now that Nastasic is laid up for a good few weeks.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
£25m for Modric is taking the piss. Madrid are not going to take a £10m hit on a player they signed a year ago. Modric can still become a key player for Madrid, Alonso is over the hill now and Khedira is shit. If he can't get into the first XI then he's not working hard enough.

panty

£25m for Modric is taking the piss. Madrid are not going to take a £10m hit on a player they signed a year ago. Modric can still become a key player for Madrid, Alonso is over the hill now and Khedira is shit. If he can't get into the first XI then he's not working hard enough.

WG8zw.gif

Modric is not for sale. You can however buy Kaka, he's awesome and for sale.

Showaddy

I wonder if Daniel Levy slapped a fat sell on clause on Modric. Apparently Madrid still owe Spurs a decent chuck of the transfer fee as well.

panty

We may never know the truth.

"On this day, Real Madrid C. F. paid Real Sociedad an amount of €32.19 million for the acquisition of the federal rights of Asier Illarramendi. This operation, as in all transfers of players between Spanish clubs, is subject to current VAT of 21%, which means no cost to Real Madrid C. F, since this amount is deductible from the club's VAT settlements."

I reckon we'll get get Modric.

BEHOLD MOYES' UNITED

----------De GOAT---------

Rafael - Rio - Vidic - Baines

Zaha - Carrick - Modric - Nani

-------------Kagawa-----------

---------------RVP--------------

"On this day, Real Madrid C. F. paid Real Sociedad an amount of €86 million for the acquisition of the federal rights of Asier Illarramendi. This operation, as in all transfers of players between Spanish clubs, is subject to current VAT of 21%, which means no cost to Real Madrid C. F, since this amount is deductible from the club's VAT settlements."
It says €86m like right there.

What's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom