• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Christ, S3 of The Killing is dark as hell. This last episode was phenomenal. Out of this world performance by Peter Sarsgaard.
Yeah, it's been really damn good. We skipped season 2 but decided to give 3 a shot and I'm glad we did. Sarsgaard definitely won himself a guest actor Emmy.

I had some crazy games in the FM13 demo, went up 3-0 in the first as Chelsea, versus Arsenal. Giroud then scores a hat-trick and Arsenal win 5-3.
I think the early versions were as sketchy/sloppy as they've been in years because they drastically overhauled the match engine, but I only played it once they patched most of the quirks, so I can't really say.

I'm extremely proud that I only have 386 hours clocked on this year's game.

K1LLER7

Please no. Bale is awesome but he's not that awesome. Ronnie can carry a team like Real by himself if needed, I doubt Bale could or at least not yet.
True. It would be best for Bale to stay at Spurs for another season or 2, then he should make his move to Madrid. At this point in time, I doubt he could have the same impact Ronaldo has had on Madrid. Ronaldo is the main man.

True. It would be best for Bale to stay at Spurs for another season or 2, then he should make his move to Madrid. At this point in time, I doubt he could have the same impact Ronaldo has had on Madrid. Ronaldo is the main man.

I don't see that as a compelling reason for him not to go there.

Bale is one of the best player's in the world. Nobody can begrudge him for wanting to play for one if not the greatest club, in the CL and earning top money. He's 24 now, he's not getting on but every year he doesn't play at the level he deserves to is a year lost to him.

Ronaldo is Madrid's best player and their team is catered towards his needs but Bale can still make a contribution there. It's a chance for him to play with better players and improve/test himself...and he will have the ambition of becoming Madrid's main man himself. And obviously Ronaldo's future is pretty uncertain right now.

What he stands to gain going to Madrid is worth way more than the safety net he has at Spurs.

Scum

He can't really win what he wants internationally, so continental footie is the best thing for him. A consistent CL club will be the best place to go. I'd like to see one more season of his shenanigans before he goes though.

Brinbe

So Modric+Fellaini? Sign me the fuck up for that. Exactly what we need, and that'd basically be our new midfield two. (or three with Carrick). Helps that both are PL tested as well. Hell, go crazy and sign Cabeye too while we're at it. #NeverEnoughMidfielders

And obviously, someone like Gundogan is preferable, but I can't ever see that transfer happening.

K1LLER7

I don't see that as a compelling reason for him not to go there.

Bale is one of the best player's in the world. Nobody can begrudge him for wanting to play for one if not the greatest club, in the CL and earning top money. He's 24 now, he's not getting on but every year he doesn't play at the level he deserves to is a year lost to him.

Ronaldo is Madrid's best player and their team is catered towards his needs but Bale can still make a contribution there. It's a chance for him to play with better players and improve/test himself...and he will have the ambition of becoming Madrid's main man himself. And obviously Ronaldo's future is pretty uncertain right now.

What he stands to gain going to Madrid is worth way more than the safety net he has at Spurs.

Agree with what your saying about Bale, in the respect of him trying to be the main man and playing at the level he deserves to play at. If he wants to leave and play for Madrid, then he should do that.

What i'm saying is that, imo If Ronaldo leaves and Bale is brought in as his replacement to be the main man, I don't think he's ready to have that role at a club like Madrid, at this point in time. If they can keep Ronaldo, then it'll ease the pressure on Bale and I think that would give him time to settle in the new league and to a different style of play.

I just can't see him and Ronaldo playing there next season. Say if he was to go there next season and Ronaldo left, I'd think quite a few of the Madrid fans would expect him to instantly become the main man, just like Ronaldo did. Especially when you talk about the 100M fee being branded around. I just can't see him having the same impact and could see some fans get on his back.

panty

I just hope something happens and comes forth about it. This current situation with newspapers writing bs all the time is frustrating, SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING OFFICIAL.

Suen

145? Que?!??!?

I quit football if a deal like this goes trough. Come the fuck on :/
It's Madrid, we'll fucking do it regardless of how irrational it is. The cause of this is Barca buying Neymar, gotta show you have the bigger dick. Ridiculous but it's not like they are short on cash.

edit: also Fake-Ronaldo out and Bale in? Nah...Bale is a great player but I think CR7 is a level above. Don't think Bale is ready to carry a big club like that, need time to adjust to it and to CL.

K1LLER7

It's Madrid, we'll fucking do it regardless of how irrational it is. The cause of this is Barca buying Neymar, gotta show you have the bigger dick. Ridiculous but it's not like they are short on cash.

edit: also Fake-Ronaldo out and Bale in? Nah...Bale is a great player but I think CR7 is a level above. Don't think Bale is ready to carry a big club like that, need time to adjust to it and to CL.

Rooney 30m.

Proven in Europe, Can play anywhere.

Buy Englands best player, that'll show 'em.

That Marca article probably means €95m for Bale and €50m in wages.

I've just been playing ETS2 for two hours. I want to be a trucker.

Ingeniero

Jeez 140mill dat Florentino.
I think its inevitable that Bale will jump ship, he must be mad at his boss for playing it hard to get lol

MPW

"We have a HUGE #‎PES2014 announcement coming at you this evening! Can you guess what it is?"

"Due to unforeseen circumstances the announcement on #PES2014 will be made later this week. Apologies for the inconvenience."

fuck off Konami

Whoever is the head of PR should be fired

Read up on the Reina stuff. What a dick move.

Liverpool have shite management confirmed.

How fucking hilarious that he was thrown out after he jumped the gun on Barca rumors, of course they would consider it Reina, you have been shit for years.

vvFyfDq.gif

The definitive list of (realistic) ManYoo transfer targets:

Gourcuff (Lyon)
Eriksen (Ajax)
Fernando (Porto)
Diego (Wolfsburg)
Ljajic (Fiorentina)

We'll sign one of those within the next year, guaranteed.

So I don't know why I am posting this here but whatever.

The past few weeks I have been really fucking down. I thought it was nothing but then this past week or two I have noticed that I have gone 2 days without any food without even realising. I also have had trouble sleeping even with taking my sleeping tablets and shit. Once I googled all of this crap I guess it turns out I'm depressed? I'm not even sure what to do anymore. I'm going to book a doctors appointment tomorrow but I think I might stop being on Gaf for a while and try and sort out my personal life.

The past few weeks I have been really fucking down. I thought it was nothing but then this past week or two I have noticed that I have gone 2 days without any food without even realising. I also have had trouble sleeping even with taking my sleeping tablets and shit. Once I googled all of this crap I guess it turns out I'm depressed? I'm not even sure what to do anymore. I'm going to book a doctors appointment tomorrow but I think I might stop being on Gaf for a while and try and sort out my personal life.

Like you said, the best thing to do is to get yourself to the doctor. I hope everything works out.

Turok_TTZ

Go eat. now. Also, masterbate. And then talk to friends, family.

Did anything happen that could've caused this a few weeks ago?

Go to the doctor, talk with your parents and see a psychiatrist

Did anything happen that could've caused this a few weeks ago?

Go to the doctor, talk with your parents and see a psychiatrist

I don't know to be honest. It started around two months ago but I didn't really notice till a friend said that I hadn't done anything in about a month. I hadn't even realised I hadn't been eating or that I hadn't left the house. Then this past week or two I have noticed my eating a lot more but I'm just not hungry and my sleeping tablets have just completely stopped working.

Juniors suck http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73674163&postcount=8

This sucks even more. Seeing a doctor is the best thing to do, good luck.

I don't know to be honest. It started around two months ago but I didn't really notice till a friend said that I hadn't done anything in about a month. I hadn't even realised I hadn't been eating or that I hadn't left the house. Then this past week or two I have noticed my eating a lot more but I'm just not hungry and my sleeping tablets have just completely stopped working.

Which sleeping tablets do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom