• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Ronaldo wear such weirdly small and tight shorts?

tumblr_mqpv72qqnB1qjdqo2o1_500.jpg

Get with the times.

They're building a new team so facing a strong opponent is a good chance to see where they are and if I should be worried about our 33th league title :p

I'd rate them higher than Metallist or Sociedad btw.

I agree that PSV is probably stronger than Metallist but I don't want to face a Ukrainian team. It would end up like one of those derby games where it's always close regardless of the quality of the two teams.

As for Sociedad, after what Malaga did to us last season I fear facing another Spanish team, lol.

None of this will matter though after we get eliminated by Nordsjaelland.

dc89

How do you afford all of this dc?!

Earthbound was like £7.99
Pikmin £34.99

That's not mega money! Messi spends double that nearly on one jersey, and he's bought at least 3/4 this month I think.

ps4 money will have to be saved up over a few months. I kinda hope it's a December launch but then there's christmas. But then I remember that I paid for our (me and gf) holiday and she's paying me back her half which will cover it. I'm not rich, I just treat myself every now and then.

Nyx

Damn our luck!

Now that two of our most experienced players (van der Gun and Duplan) are injured for 3-4 months, our starting 11 will be different in 6 places when compared with the succesful team of last season.

And still only 1 new player arrived, on loan...

Sometimes I really wonder what people in the board, who probably earn tens of thousands of euros each month, do....

We have a scouting-team, where have they been all year? What have they done?

Sigh...

dc89

Neymar model in PES14...well his hair. Oh... He's wearing a City kit too. I knew we were in for him all along. Fuck Barca.

BQV_kjfCIAA7OM7.jpg

I thought players had to agree to be sent out on loan.

The weird thing is, I'm sure he'd have agreed to it if we'd asked him in the first place

1) Second choice at LFC
2) World Cup year
3) Rafa and Valero
4) CL football

Would have been a good move for all parties, rather than souring it a bit by shoving him out of the door

bjaelke

LFCZA @LFCZA
So (see RTs), rumours in Italy - #LFC have sold #Skrtel for 7m Euros + addons to Napoli + offered #Borini to Juventus for Alessandro Matri.

wtzgU.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Casillas:

“We’re talking about a player who, frankly, is among the three or four best in Europe, and it is normal to talk about him.”

“It’s normal that people talk about him because he has great qualities.

“That’s how the market is. All signings are controversial for better or for worse, but we are talking about a decisive and very good player.

“Before the transfer window closes I’m sure there are could be some activity.”

ikKdlp0sa8q1P.gif

Ushojax

As bad as Skrtel was last season, surely he's worth more than £5m?

Is he? Even good defenders rarely go for more than £12-15m. £5m is a bit low but Skrtel can't even fend off old farts like Carragher and Toure, he's not worth much more.

So who is going to be his replacement then? Also do you guys think Borini can improve or should we cut out loses??

Not sure with Borini. I don;pt think he's at the point where we should be looking to sell him, but we should definitely be listening to offers. No matter how well he plays, he just doesn't threaten the goal enough or cause enough mayhem in and around the box(aside from those 2 or 3 final games of last season)

Not sure who we're bringing in at CB. Illori? Papadopalous? Turn Kelly into a permanent CB?

I'll be surprised if Skrtel leaves before Coates.

Agger, Toure, Coates, Wisdom and Kelly isn;t good enough imo

City wanted Blaszczykowski, he said no.

"We have a great team, a fantastic coach, wonderful fans and a bright future. Money isn't always decisive. In Dortmund, my family and I have everything we need."

Players like him, man. So good.

Clegg

A third Fabregas bid and possibly undervaluing Modric by £10m.

We're not making token bids for PR purposes. We're genuinely after these players. But Woodward doesn't seem willing to go the distance to actually get these players.

confuziz

Banned
Tonights XI against Zulte (most likely);

Zoet
Arias - Bruma - Rekik - Willems
Wijnaldum - Maher - Schaars
Bakkali - Matavz - Depay.

I count exactly 3 players of this XI that played last year :lol

Salazar

Paul Gardner ‏@PeeG24 8m
Aston Villa, who have revenues of around £80m a year, advertising a job with a zero hours contract. @david_conn @Alison_McGovern

That's that bad shit

Ushojax

_69015430_b8f425d9-34df-4f78-a62f-320799180a43.jpg

lol

I expect this fiasco will be resolved by the end of the week. I don't think Levy will yield, it seems like he keeps saying 'not for sale' and Madrid interpret that as him wanting another £20m. Tomorrow chairman and player will meet and I expect he will say what he said to Modric. Get your head down and get on with it.

Dortmund are doing it with Lewandoski, we have to have the same gumption and just tell the player to do his job and wait another year.

Gambit

The German media at its ridiculous best. Before the Super-Cup game between Bayern and Dortmund they asked if anyone would ever beat Bayern again.

Now they (in this case Sport1) offered a ranking as to the likeliest DFB-Cup winners this year and Dortmund was the clear number 1. It's as if the previous articles had never happened.

As my old editor always said: "nothing is older than yesterday's newspaper".

Just ordered a Wii U. I'm really excited now, will provably take 48 hours to arrive!

welcome to next gen.

AS are saying Spurs want 98M + Coentrao :lol

Probably only 95M if Real keep Coentrao.

spidye

The German media at its ridiculous best. Before the Super-Cup game between Bayern and Dortmund they asked if anyone would ever beat Bayern again.

Now they (in this case Sport1) offered a ranking as to the likeliest DFB-Cup winners this year and Dortmund was the clear number 1. It's as if the previous articles had never happened.

As my old editor always said: "nothing is older than yesterday's newspaper"..

and I'm all for that. it was getting ridiculous. let them think dortmund is the clear favorite. it helped us a lot last year.

Feorax

Not sure with Borini. I don;pt think he's at the point where we should be looking to sell him, but we should definitely be listening to offers. No matter how well he plays, he just doesn't threaten the goal enough or cause enough mayhem in and around the box(aside from those 2 or 3 final games of last season)

Not sure who we're bringing in at CB. Illori? Papadopalous? Turn Kelly into a permanent CB?

I'll be surprised if Skrtel leaves before Coates.

Agger, Toure, Coates, Wisdom and Kelly isn;t good enough imo

It's rumoured we've agreed a fee of £16 million for Papadopalous. If we bring him in, then I anticipate our CB choices will be Agger, Toure, Papadopalous and Wisdom. That for me isn't too bad at all.

Kelly and Johnson will be our RB options, and Enrique and Melgarejo for LB.

That's pretty well balanced if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom