• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

and I'm all for that. it was getting ridiculous. let them think dortmund is the clear favorite. it helped us a lot last year.

Absolutely. The hype was even too much for a Bayern fan like me. It was bloody awful.

It was always clear that Dortmund would be a serious contender. No doubt Bayern's second 11 would beat Dortmund's, but the first 11 are evenly matched. Dortmund was always going to be a serious contender, especially in knock-out competitions like the DFB.

Jack cw

and I'm all for that. it was getting ridiculous. let them think dortmund is the clear favorite. it helped us a lot last year.

What the mainstream media clearly not understand is that defeats like this make a team even stronger. Thats what pre season matches are for. If we had won against Dortmund it would have hidden the problems with pressing and the lack of a defensive midfield. But Bundesliga hasnt started yet and those sites need hits in the time being. I am curious to see Bayern at the Audi Cup and if Pep tweaks the team a bit in order to balance the team better with more focus on defense.

Salazar

Serious issue achieves comic altitude in the form of the club memorandum

4itjXkn.jpg

Into

Yikes the first 3 games for Juve:

Sampdoria - Juventus
Juventus - Lolzio
Inter - Juventus

Screw it, 2 wins 1 draw incoming.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why would they sell Modric for 25M? That's a 15M loss innit?
Yikes the first 3 games for Juve:

Sampdoria - Juventus
Juventus - Lolzio
Inter - Juventus

Screw it, 2 wins 1 draw incoming.

And knowing us, the draw is with Sampdoria.

bobito

Banned
Earthbound was like £7.99
Pikmin £34.99

That's not mega money! Messi spends double that nearly on one jersey, and he's bought at least 3/4 this month I think.

ps4 money will have to be saved up over a few months. I kinda hope it's a December launch but then there's christmas. But then I remember that I paid for our (me and gf) holiday and she's paying me back her half which will cover it. I'm not rich, I just treat myself every now and then.

Sounds good dc, you're living the dream!

Arnie

Papadopoulos rumours are snowballing. Germany GAF, did he play in Raul's testimonial on the 27th?

Apparently we were waiting for the swelling to go down on his knee, and now it has. Don't even mind risking the transfer with the loveable Kolo as a backup. I just want a crazy Greek madman who's hard as nails paroling in front of Mignolet. Skrtel just looks constantly off balance, I reckon I could slip under his armpits in a fight and just topple the fuckwit.

And please just get Christian Eriksen. He's top. Him, Coutinho and Suarez behind Sturridge would be ridiculously good.

bobito

Banned
Papadopoulos rumours are snowballing. Germany GAF, did he play in Raul's testimonial on the 27th?

Apparently we were waiting for the swelling to go down on his knee, and now it has. Don't even mind risking the transfer with the loveable Kolo as a backup. I just want a crazy Greek madman who's hard as nails paroling in front of Mignolet. Skrtel just looks constantly off balance, I reckon I could slip under his armpits in a fight and just topple the fuckwit.

And please just get Christian Eriksen. He's top. Him, Coutinho and Suarez behind Sturridge would be ridiculously good.

I'd like to see him play again (before buying). After having a knee injury speaking as someone who has been ravaged by one. They are nothing like other injuries.

Feorax

Would you take this rumoured deal of Borini plus cash for Matri?

I'm kind of torn.

A third Fabregas bid and possibly undervaluing Modric by £10m.

We're not making token bids for PR purposes. We're genuinely after these players. But Woodward doesn't seem willing to go the distance to actually get these players.

Naughty God's spiel about him being a finance guy who doesn't understand football is starting to sound kind of plausible. Not that it's wrong to be making those bids, but their public nature leads me to believe those valuations are being made with confidence of successful capture, which is just baffling.

Serious issue achieves comic altitude in the form of the club memorandum

4itjXkn.jpg

ricky_gervais_16246.jpg

bjaelke

My old neighbor gave me a bottle of whiskey as payment for changing a flat tire. Apparently it's worth £40, so now I feel kinda bad as it only took me 10 min to fix the bike.

Arnie

Tell us more about PES14 :p
It's standout quality is the physicality. It's nothing like previous PES's in terms of how players and the ball interact with each other. Powering out of defence with Dante, or buffeting through midfield with Martinez felt completely different to scaling the wing with Robben.

Passing was as crisp as you'd expect from PES, and the speed was spot on (a lot slower than Fifa, more emphasis on the midfield).

There were issues though. Input lag was noticeable, and the community manager said they were working on it. Referees were lunatics, and goalkeepers were (according to the CM) potentially too good in the current build.

It's looking good, though.
I'd like to see him play again (before buying) after having a knee injury speaking as someone who has been ravaged by one. They are nothing like other injuries.
I know what you mean.

Just look at Holden. Hopefully our payment is in instalments. But I really want to take a chance because it's not a tear, so it's not like a Kelly/Lucas situation, and if he does make a full recovery he's a top young centre back.

And we've got Kolo to step in.
Would you take this rumoured deal of Borini plus cash for Matri?

I'm kind of torn.
I don't want Matri but I'd take Lazio's rumoured €12 million.

Borini's like an Italian Adam Morgan. Sorry. Lots of energy and desire, some solid movement (lol), but, as Bungie would say, little tekkers.

Mastadon

Banned
It's rumoured we've agreed a fee of £16 million for Papadopalous. If we bring him in, then I anticipate our CB choices will be Agger, Toure, Papadopalous and Wisdom. That for me isn't too bad at all.

Kelly and Johnson will be our RB options, and Enrique and Melgarejo for LB.

That's pretty well balanced if you ask me.

Yep, I'd be very happy with that. Wisdom and Kelly can both cover RB and CB if needed.

I know very little about Melgarejo, but having read this I wonder if he's being brought in to cover LB or LW? I like versatile players!

Feorax

Yep, I'd be very happy with that. Wisdom and Kelly can both cover RB and CB if needed.

I know very little about Melgarejo, but having read this I wonder if he's being brought in to cover LB or LW? I like versatile players!

I think LB first and foremost, but will also offer wide cover in the event of injury to a first XI player so we don't have to overuse Sterling and Ibe,

The German media at its ridiculous best. Before the Super-Cup game between Bayern and Dortmund they asked if anyone would ever beat Bayern again.

Now they (in this case Sport1) offered a ranking as to the likeliest DFB-Cup winners this year and Dortmund was the clear number 1. It's as if the previous articles had never happened.

As my old editor always said: "nothing is older than yesterday's newspaper".

Sport1 loool

That's a TV station/news site run by Bayern fans. When Bayern wins, they're unstoppable and Dortmund shit and when Bayern loses, those sport1 guys shit themselves.

Arnie

I want Wisdom to go out and have a season at Fulham. Strange thought, I know, but a year of Premier League experience will do him tons of good, ala Smalling. Unlike Smalling, though, he isn't made of toast.

Wisdom's gonna be a beast.

Jack cw

Sport1 loool

That's a TV station/news site run by Bayern fans. When Bayern wins, they're unstoppable and Dortmund shit and when Bayern loses, those sport1 guys shit themselves.
Sad but true... I have to be with those guys in the lunchroom every day... The funny thing is, they have big 1860 München poster hanging in their sportsroom window :D

Edit: WTF is this shit on Ramos head?

Arnie

Can't wait for lunch. Got a turkey salad and mayo sandwich, bag of mini cheddars, and a cold Dr Pepper to wash it all down. My stomach's making the sort of noise you'd expect a giant squid to make if it was pulled from the sea.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pcfifabros we gotta take another run at the title today, so close yesterday...so close! I can any if needed

Amelia is ready to rescind his contract with us. I don't get why we can't just sell him and get a second or a third GK like the rest of the football teams out there but whatever.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do wonder what would happen if Bale had an indifferent season next year, he seems hyped out of control at the moment.

FootballFan

Squad list for the friendly.

Pinto, Oier, Montoya, Bartra, Adriano, Song, Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Messi, Tello, Neymar, Alexis, Sergi Gómez, Planas, Joan Román, Dani Nieto, Bagnack, Samper, Ilie, Patric, Dongou, Espinosa and Kiko Femenía.

HNGGG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom