• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Squad list for the friendly.

Pinto, Oier, Montoya, Bartra, Adriano, Song, Sergi Roberto, Dos Santos, Messi, Tello, Neymar, Alexis, Sergi Gómez, Planas, Joan Román, Dani Nieto, Bagnack, Samper, Ilie, Patric, Dongou, Espinosa and Kiko Femenía.

HNGGG

Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

Feorax

In a good way, right? =/

I don't think so.

He's a loanee backup though, whats the worst that could happen? If he's shite, we just don't buy him at the end of the season, and we still get to send Jack Robinson on loan this year.

You never know anyway, he might surprise us all.

D_prOdigy

Genuinely can't wait to see Neymar.

It was funny postulating that he was gonna be a mega expensi-flop when Barca paid big bucks for him, but now the season's come around, I hope he shines. To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, might get some fucking energy into the room.

FootballFan

Sure, until the time comes when they need to figure out who's gonna shoot the ball.
And you sure as shit don't mix Brazilians with Argentinians. You just don't.

RQeazCL.jpg

Messi's former best friend until Neymar arrived.

Also, he always mentions it, he loves the Brazilian bros since the beginning.

Messi: "I`ve always said, since the first moment I walked in the locker room, Ronaldinho and other Brazilians, Deco, Sylvinho and [Thiago] Motta welcomed me and provided me things, but mostly he (Ronaldinho), and I learned a lot at his side."

rvy pls.

edit
Also you forget South America I mean Inter 2010 treble winners lol. Argentines/Brazilians + Eto'o and Sneijder.

panty

Genuinely can't wait to see Neymar.

It was funny postulating that he was gonna be a mega expensi-flop when Barca paid big bucks for him, but now the season's come around, I hope he shines. To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, might get some fucking energy into the room.

Well 100M for him was still a lot of money.

L'Equipe say that Real Madrid have upped their offer for Geoffrey Kondogbia from Seville to 12 mil euros. Seville say they wont take less than 15.

Moyes what are you doing?

FootballFan

I feel that Madrid want to buy Bale for 140m just because they missed out on Neymar.

Perez also said he was willing to spend 130m+ on Neymar, so he is just finding a way to use that money now I guess.

The Napoli jersey has arrived.

Name on the back? Picture?

rvy

Banned
Messi's former best friend until Neymar arrived.

Also, he always mentions it, he loves the Brazilian bros since the beginning.

Messi: "I`ve always said, since the first moment I walked in the locker room, Ronaldinho and other Brazilians, Deco, Sylvinho and [Thiago] Motta welcomed me and provided me things, but mostly he (Ronaldinho), and I learned a lot at his side."

rvy pls.

edit
Also you forget South America I mean Inter 2010 treble winners lol. Argentines/Brazilians + Eto'o and Sneijder.

It's a facade, baby. He just wants their magia. He steals it and then disposes of them, it's what happened to Dinho.

dc89

I feel that Madrid want to buy Bale for 140m just because they missed out on Neymar.

Perez also said he was willing to spend 130m+ on Neymar, so he is just finding a way to use that money now I guess.

Name on the back? Picture?

It's one from a few seasons back, I'll snap some pics in a moment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lewandowski, whose contract at Dortmund runs to 2014, had refused to sign an extension late last season and had said he hoped to be joining his "club of choice" very soon.
After a months-long transfer saga and with Lewandowski set to become the second Dortmund player to be poached by rivals Bayern after Mario Goetze, Dortmund blocked the move which would have brought in millions of euros.
"I will give everything I've got for Dortmund," Lewandowski told Bild newspaper. "It does not matter what happened. I am not interested about that on the pitch."

See, it can be done. We did it with Modric, Dortmund are doing it with Lewa.

Don't give in, Levy.

Wilbur

Banned
L'Equipe say that Real Madrid have upped their offer for Geoffrey Kondogbia from Seville to 12 mil euros. Seville say they wont take less than 15.

Moyes what are you doing?

Look we're all in for Modric now ok just just go with it you horse fuck

See, it can be done. We did it with Modric, Dortmund are doing it with Lewa.

Don't give in, Levy.

Good. This fucking notion of having to sell a player when they want to go pisses me off, what the fuck do they even sign contracts for? Player power can suck a colossal anus gape

Hindle

Banned
Wouldn't Spurs be best of selling Bale? I say this because at the moment they're a one man team.

With £85m they could build a squad that can challenge for years to come.

dc89

For £14.99 brand new in the bag I can't grumble. I got a medium and the sizing is pretty damn generous. I'd say this is closer to a traditional large, I'd definitely get a small if I bought any more Macron jerseys.

mwlxBiSl.jpg

3GaxXbYl.jpg

o39cp4Gl.jpg

TrueBlue

Wouldn't Spurs be best of selling Bale? I say this because at the moment they're a one man team.

I think it shows a certain character to resist selling in the face of such bids.

Wilbur

Banned

They're not a one man team at all, they're just a team who are set up to utilise Bale to the best of his abilities, like Barca with Messi.

85m also wouldn't build them a squad. You sell Bale for 85m and 90k wages and then bring in 3 30m players on 90k wages, and all of a sudden you're paying 180k wages a week more than you were before.

Levy shouldn't sell for any price when there is a genuine chance they'll make the CL.

D_prOdigy

I seem to be shifting sympathies all over the place this season

Madrid can fuck off. Fucking leeches. Gimme the good sauce, Nerman.

Now that Bayern have had their little fun it's time for Dortmund to do well again.

And there's something slightly tittish about Laudrup that's putting me off Swansea. Dunno what it is. Used to be love at first sight.

All that's needed now is for Cantona to go to City as DoF and I'll start bleeding blue.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

No we wouldn't be better off selling.

1. Midfielders who scored 20 goals are not available to us
2. We have a full squad already
3. We cannot pay top wages
4. Top players will not join a Europa club
5. Clubs will raise prices knowing we are cash-rich (see Napoli)

The idea that we could sell our best player and make up the gap is nonsense, we couldn't even replace VDV's goals after we sold him, Gylfi and Deuce together scored fewer league goals than he did in his first season. A club like ours cannot afford to sell it's best players, you can already see the evidence of that in our league position. We sold our two best midfileders last summer and went from 4th to 5th. We cannot afford to do that again. To get into the top 4 we need to add to the quality we have.

Arnie

I hate the idea of a 'one man team'.

Like a team with Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Sandro, and Lennon rely on just one player.

It's a muggish notion.

Look we're all in for Modric now ok just just go with it you horse fuck

Guys, Modric looks like too much of a pussy. We need a strong man capable of penetrating a horse's anus.

tumblr_mqnlejKf2Q1s1da2oo1_500.jpg

In other news, today is Shinji's last training session with Cerezo Osaka. He should be back in Manchester shortly.

iYi4L76974EDZ.gif

dc89

Seriously thinking of switching from EE today, they are shite. 3 look like a good network.

Any recommendations?

I've never had an issue with O2 personally. Apart from the time the entire network went down.

Been with them 5 years and they sent me a £15 Next voucher the other day xD

Feorax

Can you imagine if this time last year we'd been told that this summer Rodgers was going to send Skrtel and Reina to Napoli for a total of £6 million?

FootballFan

For £14.99 brand new in the bag I can't grumble. I got a medium and the sizing is pretty damn generous. I'd say this is closer to a traditional large, I'd definitely get a small if I bought any more Macron jerseys.

mwlxBiSl.jpg

3GaxXbYl.jpg

o39cp4Gl.jpg

Quoted for new page, beautiful.

Would Gundogan be our first German player ever? Let's break social barriers, Moyesy.

tumblr_memqvaLHHi1r89i1qo1_500.jpg

The guilty undertaker sighs
The lonesome organ grinder cries
The silver saxophones say I should refuse you
The cracked bells and washed-out horns
Blow into my face with scorn
But it's not that way
I wasn't born to lose you
I want you, I want you
I want you so bad
Honey, I want you.

Hindle

Banned
No we wouldn't be better off selling.

1. Midfielders who scored 20 goals are not available to us
2. We have a full squad already
3. We cannot pay top wages
4. Top players will not join a Europa club
5. Clubs will raise prices knowing we are cash-rich (see Napoli)

The idea that we could sell our best player and make up the gap is nonsense, we couldn't even replace VDV's goals after we sold him, Gylfi and Deuce together scored fewer league goals than he did in his first season. A club like ours cannot afford to sell it's best players, you can already see the evidence of that in our league position. We sold our two best midfileders last summer and went from 4th to 5th. We cannot afford to do that again. To get into the top 4 we need to add to the quality we have.

Fair points dude.

I just think with all that cash, they could make some very smart purchases. But yea, they obviously need to keep hold of him if they can. But I'm also saying its not the end of the world if they do.

Don't say it out loud, Zabster.

And all I want for my birthday is a Llion super hat-trick on Toro.

Are you not worried that Llorente might not be the player he was a year ago?

Maybe Athletic trained him as a goalkeeper like I do on FM when a player refuses to sign a new contract.

rvy

Banned
FF, Neymar is the PES cover boy. Messi is the FIFA cover boy.

Is your heart torn?

Also, I would like Juve-GAF to teach me to say "I want to make beautiful love to you tonight." in Italian. It's an awesome language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom