• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Neymar is gonna get his ass bent over in his first season. He just is. Nothing against the guy, but playing in Europe and playing against Brasileirão teams is not the same thing. He's not used to having proper defenders around him.

Which is not to say he can't learn and evolve, but his first season will not be great or anything. Now, Neymar under Guardiola in his first season, that would be a sight to see.

FootballFan

So we have ElTopo arguing if he's top class, rvy arguing about Bale's worth, and NermanFan Cunt arguing Nerman > Bale.

Bale is top class, I think, depending on what your definition of top class is.

No, he's not worth more than Ronaldo, nor is he better than 2008 Ronaldo.

Bale > Nerman thus far

Come on, where did I say Neymar > Bale. I said about 3 times already Bale is a top player(I was the person that started it lol).

As for who is/will be better, who knows. Neygod hasn't played in Europe yet, while Bale is 3(4?) years older. Only time will tell. :p

Neymar is gonna get his ass bent over in his first season. He just is. Nothing against the guy, but playing in Europe and playing against Brasileirão teams is not the same thing. He's not used to having proper defenders around him.

Which is not to say he can't learn and evolve, but his first season will not be great or anything.

I doubt it. It's La Liga and he has Iniesta and Messi on his team.

Razor554

"According to the local organizer of the friendly game in Gdansk, Neymar and Messi are not expected to play together tonight. #fcblive [md]"

So one half time for both? Hope they are on the pitch at the same time vs Santos this Friday.

bjaelke

PSN didn't quit on you, it was ...

suarez.jpg

The entire youth team plays FIFA all the time. Brad Smith has even been challenging his followers on Twitter.

FootballFan

"According to the local organizer of the friendly game in Gdansk, Neymar and Messi are not expected to play together tonight. #fcblive [md]"

So one half time for both? Hope they are on the pitch at the same time vs Santos this Friday.

I only expect a 20 minute, maybe less, debut for Neymar. Messi and the benchers will play one half. Barca C will play the second half.

Zabojnik

It begins. I'm sorry, FF.

panty

So we have ElTopo arguing if he's top class, rvy arguing about Bale's worth, and NermanFan Cunt arguing Nerman > Bale.

Bale is top class, I think, depending on what your definition of top class is.

No, he's not worth more than Ronaldo, nor is he better than 2008 Ronaldo.

Bale > Nerman thus far
2008 Ronnie what?

rvy

Banned
I doubt it. It's La Liga and he has Iniesta and Messi on his team.

Well, see any team from La Liga has much better defenders than the top Brasileirão teams.
Iniesta and Messi won't magically make Neymar understand the game or learn how to deal with proper defenses and how to avoid them.

Bo-Locks

Bale is ahead of Neymar at this point and it's not even debatable. Maybe a couple of years ago they could have been considered at the same level, but since then Bale has been voted the best player in the PL and had a number of stand-out performances in the CL, including scoring a hat-trick against Inter. What the fuck has Neymar done? Nutmeg a few Brazilian defenders? Well done, I guess.

I don't think Bale is in the same class as Ronaldo/Messi and he's definitely not worth any more than what Real paid for Ronaldo, but he's proven his worth at the top level whereas Neymar hasn't. Yet.

People talk about English players values being over-inflated, but the Brazilians are just as bad, and at least English players have an excuse in the form of the home-grown rule in the PL.

I know that Bale is Welsh, btw.

I think Neyshit is going to be another Sanchez. Fantastic player, but just doesn't fit tiki taka football. Barca will chew him up, he'll do OK and be moved on in a few years.

Bale is ahead of Neymar at this point and it's not even debatable. Maybe a couple of years ago they could have been considered at the same level, but since then Bale has been voted the best player in the PL and had a number of stand-out performances in the CL, including scoring a hat-trick against Inter. What the fuck has Neymar done? Nutmeg a few Brazilian defenders? Well done, I guess.

I don't think Bale is in the same class as Ronaldo/Messi and he's definitely not worth any more than what Real paid for Ronaldo, but he's proven his worth at the top level whereas Neymar hasn't. Yet.

People talk about English players values being over-inflated, but the Brazilians are just as bad, and at least English players have an excuse in the form of the home-grown rule in the PL.

I think Neyshit is going to be another Sanchez. Fantastic player, but just doesn't fit tiki taka football. Barca will chew him up, he'll do OK and be moved on in a few years.
wow. who won 2014 WC ?

L1NETT

Bale should be playing CL football to be honest, a player of that quality shouldn't be stuck in the Europa League. I think he will try to force a move, but if he doesn't I don't think he is the type of player to sulk around and miss training like Modric did. I can see a move happening this Summer, but wouldn't be surprised if we see him move next year.

nah, he's top. can't blame him for being number 3 with 2 near gods ahead of him.

you're right

he's not a top player

he's a top, top player

Bale is the best player in the PL.

And one of the best worldwide. Even a as part of Bayern Gaf I admit that, but that forcing up of money by Madrid is just disgusting. If they seriously pay that much than Bale has to deliver performances of Messi and Ronaldo combined...Poor guy.

Bale's played in a better league than Nerman.

tumblr_lxpj65Mtit1qcaomb.gif

This. He's not bad, he's great actually, but the price demanded is insane. Similar thing with Suarez. He should move to a big club though if he wants to be taken seriously, one that regularly reaches the CL (and its later stages).

He should move to Real and prove that he's actually top class.

I agree. Suarez should move to a club that proves he is a top class player and will actually win silverware. That club isn't Arsenal.

ShogunX

Bale should be playing CL football to be honest, a player of that quality shouldn't be stuck in the Europa League. I think he will try to force a move, but if he doesn't I don't think he is the type of player to sulk around and miss training like Modric did. I can see a move happening this Summer, but wouldn't be surprised if we see him move next year.

Personally think Bale should give Spurs another year. If the club doesn't take a step up and start challenging the usual suspects then at the end of this season he should move to Madrid.

On paper there is no reason why Spurs cant mount a sustained challenge but this tag they have of being bottlers seems more than just a name.

L'Equipe say that Real Madrid have upped their offer for Geoffrey Kondogbia from Seville to 12 mil euros. Seville say they wont take less than 15.

Moyes what are you doing?

Still dreaming of Cesc.

Well, see any team from La Liga has much better defenders than the top Brasileirão teams.
Iniesta and Messi won't magically make Neymar understand the game or learn how to deal with proper defenses and how to avoid them.

From what I've seen of him at international level, Neymar will do fine against La Liga defences, especially some of the lower table sides.

rvy

Banned
Still dreaming of Cesc.

From what I've seen of him at international level, Neymar will do fine against La Liga defences, especially some of the lower table sides.

Unless we've seen different games, I don't think that's likely.

neymar+estraga.bmp

Arrows represent what Neymar should have done. Instead he forced the dribble and lost the ball like a fuckwad.

neymar+burro.bmp

Again, instead of passing the ball to Fred, he shoots it.

Jarnet87

Still dreaming of Cesc.

They play defence in La Liga? I wouldn't know it based on the score line from the Barcelona and Madrid games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
On paper there is no reason why Spurs cant mount a sustained challenge but this tag they have of being bottlers seems more than just a name.

I think we have definitely bottled a few run-ins over the years but last season was not a bottle job. Arsenal just went on an incredible run, you have to give them credit. Wenger threw Chesney, Wilshire and Vermaelen out of the first XI and made sure they kept clean sheets above all else. They won so many games 1-0. We just couldn't do that, due to injuries, shit defending on set plays and a harder set of fixtures.

Unless we've seen different games, I don't think that's likely.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cWlsN9eplLk/UVrzYiQxWGI/AAAAAAAAHys/mKgH7HGd8hI/s1600/neymar+estraga.bmp[/IMG

Arrows represent what Neymar should have done. Instead he forced the dribble and lost the ball like a fuckwad.

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lLo05LetSOM/UVr0H4f5dwI/AAAAAAAAH0I/XeS4HaaQPe0/s1600/neymar+burro.bmp[/IMG

Again, instead of passing the ball to Fred, he shoots it.[/QUOTE]Poor decision making is one of the easier deficiencies to correct in a young player though. There are very few young players who come through and in their early years play with maturity.

D_prOdigy

I think we have definitely bottled a few run-ins over the years but last season was not a bottle job. Arsenal just went on an incredible run, you have to give them credit. Wenger threw Chesney, Wilshire and Vermaelen out of the first XI and made sure they kept clean sheets above all else. They won so many games 1-0. We just couldn't do that, due to injuries, shit defending on set plays and a harder set of fixtures.

sort of comes under the umbrella of 'bottling', surely.

2-2 against Wigan towards the end of the season comes to mind.

rvy

Banned
Poor decision making is one of the easier deficiencies to correct in a young player though. There are very few young players who come through and in their early years play with maturity.

I agree, but I also think that's not poor decision making, that's Neymar's ego. If Neymar's ego will get in the way of his progress or not is yet to be seen, but he's gonna have a terrible time in La Liga. I can assure you shit like this will not fly in Barca.

It's time to wake up people. Neymar isn't some Binho 2.0, better hop in the train while you can because once the season starts he will show his quality, like he did at the confederations cup.

I agree, but I also think that's not poor decision making, that's Neymar's ego. If Neymar's ego will get in the way of his progress or not is yet to be seen, but he's gonna have a terrible time in La Liga. I can assure you shit like this will not fly in Barca.

Good point.

I think he'll be willing to adapt and play under Messi early on. Going forwards it could become a problem, Messi still has many years left. Neymar won't be the star of that team for a long long time.

I still think he'll be a big success though.

ShogunX

Last season was a strange one for Spurs. Easily the best team I watched against us at Anfield, yet needed Bale to produce multiple wonder goals to stay competitive. The worry must be that if no new striker is brought in can Bale pull results from his arse all over again?

sort of comes under the umbrella of 'bottling', surely.

2-2 against Wigan towards the end of the season comes to mind.

I remember a game against Everton being a particularly bad one.

Last season was a strange one for Spurs. Easily the best team I watched against us at Anfield, yet needed Bale to produce multiple wonder goals to stay competitive. The worry must be that if no new striker is brought in can Bale pull results from his arse all over again?

Its the reason we have bought Paulinho. Bale has to perform or else he has Kaboul, Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho lining up behind him.

Seriously though, we have one strong (physical wise) team coming together.

D_prOdigy

@RAWK_Meltdown chiming in with a not-competely-insane morsel.

(Suarez) it's impossible for him to join United. Had the Evra affair not happened I reckon they would have steamed in and mad a bid by now.
Could see it. Could see it.

Mastadon

Banned

I remember a game against Everton being a particularly bad one.

That was the game at WHL wasn't it? Spurs pretty much giftwrapped 3 points for us at Anfield.

Feorax

Burial at Sea (bioshock dlc) sounds incredible. It makes me want to replay the original Bioshock.

I've been meaning to play Bioshock 2, but I started it the other day on PC and lost interest extremely quickly. It stuns me that the PC version of 2 has no native 360 controller support.

I might re-buy Infinite for the DLC, but I'm starting to wish games wold take the Farcry: BD approach to these stand-alone packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom