• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions have to be raised when we undoubtedly can chart Woodward's movements in realtime.

Umm...we can?

It's obvious United are much more open with the media this summer but every story about United apparently comes straight from us.

Where did all the stories come from for the last 20 years then?

Just a dose of realism is all.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs should've sold Bale a month ago and bought three world-class players with Madrid's crazy money. They'd have a shot not only at 4th place, but also at the championship.

One world class player = + 100m - 100k a week
Three world class players = - 100m + 300k a week

doesn't make business sense for Levy, might as well keep Bale when there isn't good enough replacements.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BB:

Dat Danny Trejo :O

I have a bit of a crush on
Jesse's landlord

S2 is awesome so far, not moving or twisting as quickly as the first, but its still great

and it's the worst season of the show IMO. still BB's worst season is better than 99% shows on TV right now.

Scum

I wonder which paper is going to go with the 'Spurs sign Soldado they must be selling Bale where did the money come from' story.

Every single story isn't a leak to the press though. People just lose their minds over this stuff. It's like there were never any stories about United before.

Daily Mail.

I was scrolling by, saw this gif, and just stopped and watching for a good thirty seconds. There's this weird disjointed-yet-rhythmic quality to it. I can't explain it.

'Wait and Hope'

doesn't make business sense for Levy, might as well keep Bale when there isn't good enough replacements.

Yep. And as Liverpool are finding, bringing in upgrades is bloody difficult when you can't offer CL football. Although Spurs could use the money as a kind of guarantee for future CL football.

Showaddy

Spurs should've sold Bale a month ago and bought three world-class players with Madrid's crazy money. They'd have a shot not only at 4th place, but also at the championship.

Without Champions League and with our wage cap who could we realistically get though?

Salvadora

Umm...we can?

It's obvious United are much more open with the media this summer but every story about United apparently comes straight from us.

Where did all the stories come from for the last 20 years then?

Just a dose of realism is all.
Isn't it usually the papers who report it first and then ask Moyes and he confirms it?

I was exaggerating every single story coming from United :p, but If you look at who benefits from these leaks, it's United.

Jaysus Wept.

More productive than Aaron Lennon

nRg8Z.gif

Isn't it usually the papers who report it first and then ask Moyes and he confirms it?

I was exaggerating every single story coming from United :p, but If you look at who benefits from these leaks, it's United.

All Moyes has confirmed so far is that we've bid for Fabregas.

We've been linked with plenty of players in the press but nobody at United has said or even suggested anything about it.

There's no doubt the way we've been handling things is far from ideal so far...but people are trying a bit too hard to latch things onto their agenda.

All these stories about us being linked with countless players, how does that help us? If anything it's embarrassing and it means that if we do go back for players they will know they're way down our list. I can't see how that benefits us.

Salvadora

All Moyes has confirmed so far is that we've bid for Fabregas.

We've been linked with plenty of players in the press but nobody at United has said or even suggested anything about it.

There's no doubt the way we've been handling things is far from ideal so far...but people are trying a bit too hard to latch things onto their agenda.

All these stories about us being linked with countless players, how does that help us? If anything it's embarrassing and it means that if we do go back for players they will know they're way down our list. I can't see how that benefits us.
Being linked with the best players in the world week in week out certainly benefits United.

dem season tickets

Chipotle

Moyes is just waiting for FM14 to come out so he can find the best targets. Nobody told him that it doesn't release until after the transfer window shuts

Zabojnik

Without Champions League and with our wage cap who could we realistically get though?

Isn't this Levy fella rolling in money? Anyway, world-class doesn't necessarily mean big name & overpaid players. Fiorentina signed Gomez for silly money, Mikiteriyaki was a viable option a month or two back. I thought it was pretty clear that Bale wanted to leave this summer. Without putting up a circus about it, if possible. If not ... well, it's happening right now.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't this Levy fella rolling in money? Anyway, world-class doesn't necessarily mean big name & overpaid players. Fiorentina signed Gomez for silly money, Mikiteriyaki was a viable option a month or two back. I thought it was pretty clear that Bale wanted to leave this summer. Without putting up a circus about it, if possible. If not ... well, it's happening right now.

Napoli just got rinsed for 65m from Madrid because they knew they had money. People will know Spurs have money. Levy won't pay up. They'll get no one.

Poor Spurs :(

Chipotle

No... Moyes forgot to turn on a starting budget when he started a new game.

This could be true as well. I started a game as Blackpool and Anderson went to Everton and Fellaini to United, wouldn't be surprised if this came true
except Everton aren't fools

Timurid

This could be true as well. I started a game as Blackpool and Anderson went to Everton and Fellaini to United, wouldn't be surprised if this came true
except Everton aren't fools
Yup same thing happens in my game as well.

We should do another FM gaming session! So I can troll Viva and that Arsenal guy again. :D

Showaddy

If an offer (and it wasn't) of £80 million had been there at the start of the transfer window I would have said yes sell Bale and buy Mkhitaryan, Bernard & Benteke.

The rumours of big money offer only came up this last week though and Bale has yet to publicly say he wants to leave or hand in a transfer request. So as it stands keeping Bale and buying a couple of players to improve our chances of 4th is the best way to go.

Hahahahahah

Dream on, we got closer to the CL than you'll get for the next two years

Your Director of Football is Joe Kinnear. Your manager has a 7 year contract. Your best defender can't wait to leave. The right back you salivated over for months is shit anyway. Your only striker who's ever been good hides behind his religion so he could get a payrise. You're sponsored by a gang of loansharks. You haven't won anything since like 1935. Nobody is interested in buying your best players, because they're still brass. Your defensive midfielder is incapable of kicking a ball with any degree of accuracy, and commits more fouls than successful passes. You used to employ Nile Ranger. You still employ Shola Ameobi. You blew away the half-season wonder, and got yourselves a 3-game wonder. You're owned by Mike Ashley. Your stadium was, for a time, called the Sports Direct Arena. You're going to get relegated this season.

Fuck off

Kyoufu

Your Director of Football is Joe Kinnear. Your manager has a 7 year contract. Your best defender can't wait to leave. The right back you salivated over for months is shit anyway. Your only striker who's ever been good hides behind his religion so he could get a payrise. You're sponsored by a gang of loansharks. You haven't won anything since like 1935. Nobody is interested in buying your best players, because they're still brass. Your defensive midfielder is incapable of kicking a ball with any degree of accuracy, and commits more fouls than successful passes. You used to employ Nile Ranger. You still employ Shola Ameobi. You blew away the half-season wonder, and got yourselves a 3-game wonder. You're owned by Mike Ashley. Your stadium was, for a time, called the Sports Direct Arena. You're going to get relegated this season.

Fuck off

:lol

We're not Liverpool, so it's ok.

Chipotle

I'm so sad no one responded positively to my fanfic. I put blood, sweat and other fluids into that.

Way to make a junior feel welcome guys... :(

Fuck off

And yet, we got closer to the CL than you'll get for the next two years.

Actually, make that 3.

You seriously believe that?

I believe that Ed Woodward believes that.

The fact that we haven't signed a world class player in his prime for the going rate since Veron in 2001 has certainly damaged our reputation.

Our failure to land any of our "top targets", i.e. Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas, 26, or Real Madrid's Luka Modric, 27, and having to settle for the likes of Everton's Marouane Fellaini, 25, or Wigan's James McCarthy, 22, is damaging our reputation and making us look like the joke of European football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom