• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Malaga's owner simply decided to stop spending money. The club was propped up by his spending so when he stopped pumping money into the club, they were screwed.

Seem he has since decided to help steady the ship there...but lots of damage has already been done
The lack of attention to Malaga's problems (at least here) has been surprising.

One of the most overlooked points is that Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani was convinced by Malaga's president, Fernando Sanz, to invest in the team. Unlike others maybe wasn't wholly sold on the cause. I've been frustrated anytime I've attempted to read up on it due to the lack of information.

:lol Warrior are so shit.

this is what I said a month ago

Hyped up: Januzaj, Powell (not sure how powell will end up as he's being converted to cm)
Good potential: Daehli, Pearson, Perreira
Servicable in future: Cole, Lingard, Vermijl

I guess we can add in Varela and Henriquez who will both play in the reserves next season.
I've heard the United coaches don't rate Powell. I'm confused tbh, he looked quite good when we got him..then he just didn't play for like the last 2/3 months of the season, guess he was injured. But the whole CM conversion is gonna ruin him, that's clear, he can't play there.

And put Michael Keane in your list bro. Also Will Keane is back this year, I think we can sell him at the end of the season for a couple of million.

Also isn't Varela going on loan? Boca or something?

K1LLER7

FIFA won't do anything to these big clubs. Even if they don't meet the FFP requirements, these big clubs will find questionable ways out of it and FIFA won't lift a finger.

^ Michael Keane isn't all that Viva. He'll be playing for some Championship or low-table prem team.

Timurid

:lol Warrior are so shit.

this is what I said a month ago

Hyped up: Januzaj, Powell (not sure how powell will end up as he's being converted to cm)

I guess we can add in Varela and Henriquez who will both play in the reserves next season.
The guy in the warrior kit looks happier than the manure cunt. Manure cunt looks downright miserable. I wonder why?

Salvadora

FIFA won't do anything to these big clubs. Even if they don't meet the FFP requirements, these big clubs will find questionable ways out of it and FIFA won't lift a finger.
Arsenal should be FFP champions.

Surely the governing body can fashion that into some sort of trophy.

I've heard the United coaches don't rate Powell. I'm confused tbh, he looked quite good when we got him..then he just didn't play for like the last 2/3 months of the season, guess he was injured. But the whole CM conversion is gonna ruin him, that's clear, he can't play there.

And put Michael Keane in your list bro. Also Will Keane is back this year, I think we can sell him at the end of the season for a couple of million.

Yeah to Boca. Henriquez has said he would go on loan to Wigan again if United were to loan him out.

I didn't put Keane, because I think Smalling, Evans, and Jones are young enough that it will keep him out as I think United will buy a defender in a year or two. Well, maybe not keep him out, but he won't get many games.

The guy in the warrior kit looks happier than the manure cunt. Manure cunt looks downright miserable. I wonder why?

You can't hate on United's home kit if the shirt isn't buttoned up all the way.

Look at the socks, shorts, and shirt. Too sexy man.

BP9ZVkmCYAAUReH.jpg

De Gea's girl or Chicha's?

BQc4bRCCIAEg-gK.jpg

BP5s6p8CIAAdtNW.jpg

There's fuck all to talk about right now.

it's amazing how over the course of just a few months, united-related talk has gone from potentially winning the champions league to this.

salazar, do one, you smelly pirate hooker. enjoy the europea league next season.

the manchester united brand is finally over! maybe next decade!

eCLUPL6.gif

Whats your teams worst XI of the last ten years or so?

Turnball
Glen Johnson
Kalid Boularouz
Tal Ben Haim
Assier Del Horno
Yossi Benayoun
Steve Sidwell
Raul Meireles
Shaun Wright Phillips
Mateja Kezman
Adrian Mutu

qindarka

Banned
That was only cos of that weird tv sale thingymajig you guys pulled :p

Give it a couple more years.

We actually got a massive new kit deal very recently, lowered our wage bill by a fair amount and the massive Premier League TV deal should also be kicking in. Our financial situation should only improve, at least for the forseeable future.

justjohn

We actually got a massive new kit deal very recently, lowered our wage bill by a fair amount and the massive Premier League TV deal should also be kicking in. Our financial situation should only improve, at least for the forseeable future.
And with mourinho in charge, we will go far in the champions league meaning more money.

GQman2121

Banned
Two hours into Tomb Raider and I'm completely underwhelmed. The visuals are fine, but just about everything else feels uninspired.

The voice acting in particular is awful; combat is nothing that hasn't been done before and the AI is as dumb as you would expect.

I was shocked that I could literally just hold the left stick up and plow through the opening cinematic. It ended up being a standard quick time press ___ to proceed, which is totally boring. The platforming also has numerous fail proof ways of sucking you back on course.

I'll stick with it, but games like this really make The Last of Us stand out as truly special.

dc89

Two hours into Tomb Raider and I'm completely underwhelmed. The visuals are fine, but just about everything else feels uninspired.

The voice acting in particular is awful; combat is nothing that hasn't been done before and the AI is as dumb as you would expect.

I was shocked that I could literally just hold the left stick up and plow through the opening cinematic. It ended up being a standard quick time press ___ to proceed, which is totally boring. The platforming also has numerous fail proof ways of sucking you back on course.

I'll stick with it, but games like this really make The Last of Us stand out as truly special.

It gets better. It's not a brilliant game, but I stuck it out and kinda enjoyed it.

FootballFan

Whats your teams worst XI of the last ten years or so?

Turnball
Glen Johnson
Kalid Boularouz
Tal Ben Haim
Assier Del Horno
Yossi Benayoun
Steve Sidwell
Raul Meireles
Shaun Wright Phillips
Mateja Kezman
Adrian Mutu

Valdes
Oleguer
Chygrinsky
Thuram
Zambrotta
Hleb
Gerard
Rochemback
Quaresma
Ezquero
G. Dos Santos

Special mentions to Caceres, Ibrahimovic, Giovanni, Keirrison, Saviola, Overmars, Henrique etc.

rodvik

Jesus do ManU not have any other targets? Throwing money at a second choice Barca and ex Arsenal player is getting pathetic.

Get over it and go buy the next Chicharito from your scouting network ffs.

Balls deep for this Chiriches guy now. We better sign him so I don't look stupid

At least Arsenal have signed no one

Time to offer Bendtner a new 5 year deal and beg Gervinho to stay

tom3uauxo.gif

GorillaJu

Yeah. TR received a lot of hype around its release and I read several articles claiming it was a better game than Uncharted 2.

Lara is impossibly beautiful and perfect, but it seems that's all they managed to achieve with that game. I didn't enjoy it, eventually gave up because I just wanted to play other stuff.

Daehli has left by the same route as Eikrem, likely into Dutch football eventually. Perreira and Powell haven't delivered on the hype yet (at least with the latter, it's probably because he's an exciting AM being converted into a mediocre CM a la Anderson). Pearson, Vermijl, Cole and Lingard are consistent performers, but it's difficult to see them becoming more than squad players or PL players elsewhere. Adnan is the only real sure thing to break through from the academy and his contract expires in a year. And you might have said the same for Will Keane before he got injured. (Or Pogba, obviously... )

Yup. Zaragova want Henriqez on loan too.

Lightning

Banned
Chris Bascombe from the Telegraph has written an article on the latest Suarez updates.

I'm really struggling to see him going anywhere now. I think he's going to have to spend another season proving to La Liga teams he's worth spending the money on.
That article looks a carbon copy of what the mirror wrote, like word for word. It seems to have a lot of personal opinion thrown in as well as most articles do.

I agree though but Real Madrid are the only club who will bid for Suarez and it's hard to see them offering that amount of money either. They didn't for Cavani, even less likely they will for Suarez. Bayern are out, no chance they will go for Suarez at that price on any season with the German talent they can poach at a fraction the cost. Barca won't pay that, couldn't afford it even if they wanted to which they don't. Basically if Suarez wants to leave Liverpool he will have to hand in his transfer request and refuse to play to force his way out. He will have to wind it up no matter where he goes, 50+m is an insane price for Suarez.

Walshy

Hard to beat this liverpool team over ten years in terms of shitness:
GK:Charles Itandje

DL:paul Konchesky
CB;Djimi Traore
CB:Mauricio Pellegrino
RB: Phillip Degen

CM: Salif Diao
CM: Christian Poulsen
CM: Bruno Cheryou

LW: Milan Jovanvic
CF: Andriy Voronin
RW: Antonio Nunez

Subs: Pegguy Arphexad, Jan Krompkamp, Igor Biscan, David N'Gog, Josemi, El hadji Diouf, Stewart Downing.

spidye

Ahahahaha, they finally get caught out for releasing shit hardware with nothing but first party games to keep it afloat. Faith in humanity slightly restored.

yes. one step closer to irrelevancy.

there was a time I cared for Nintendo. didn't even had much problem with the wii because the software was great.

but serious lols at wii u. how can you fuck up so much

Feorax

That article looks a carbon copy of what the mirror wrote, like word for word. It seems to have a lot of personal opinion thrown in as well as most articles do.

I agree though but Real Madrid are the only club who will bid for Suarez and it's hard to see them offering that amount of money either. They didn't for Cavani, even less likely they will for Suarez. Bayern are out, no chance they will go for Suarez at that price on any season with the German talent they can poach at a fraction the cost. Barca won't pay that, couldn't afford it even if they wanted to which they don't. Basically if Suarez wants to leave Liverpool he will have to hand in his transfer request and refuse to play to force his way out. He will have to wind it up no matter where he goes, 50+m is an insane price for Suarez.

I agree. If i were an outsider, I probably wouldn't want to pay that much for Suarez. He has far too much baggage and has only really had 1 prolific season since 2011. That said, he signed a long term contract without clarifying it's content, the club hold the cards.

Echo article on the matter

Kenka

Ahahahaha, they finally get caught out for releasing shit hardware with nothing but first party games to keep it afloat. Faith in humanity slightly restored.
They did sell a handful of 3DS titles though. So if their recent promotion did the trick for the 3DS, it could very well be the way to go to clear the WiiU software stocks in retail.

I know I would melt if I could get 2 free games if I buy 3 WiiU games if Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and... and...

Well, scrap that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom