• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Mitten says that United will make a club record bid for Fabregas:

Despite already having bids of £26m and £30m rejected by the Spanish giants, the 26-year-old remains the the Reds' No.1 transfer target.

United’s third offer will break the club’s record £30.8m, which they paid Spurs for Dimitar Berbatov in 2008.

Publicly, Barcelona have said Fabregas is not for sale, with new coach Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino stating: “I’m not going to involve myself in the club’s accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third. In other words he will remain here.”

Fabregas himself has said nothing, neither to commit himself to Barcelona nor about the United offers. But United are of the understanding he wants to move to Old Trafford, hence their continued interest.

Barca’s stance appeases their fans, but United’s third offer will mean a considerable profit on the £25m transfer fee which they paid Arsenal for Fabregas two years ago.

Selling Fabregas for such a profit would help justify the sale, though his departure would still be unpopular with fans. Selling him would also be made easier if Fabregas asked for a move.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-manchester-united-submit-record-5384621

dc89

I have no link to give in particular. It's a long standing rumour. Apparently we are in talks with an energy supplier too, another big corporate deal.

But it makes sense that we will have a sponsor for the academy and campus. It will be unrivalled in this country and you bet we get it sponsored for big monies. Gotta beat that FFP.

I have no link to give in particular. It's a long standing rumour. Apparently we are in talks with an energy supplier too to become a big corporate sponsor.

But it makes sense that we will have a sponsor for the academy and campus. It will be unrivalled in this country and you bet we get it sponsored for big monies. Gotta beat that FFP.

I would have thought it would have been called the Abu Dhabi Cunt Complex or something similar, possibly not involving the word cunt.

You guys paid £30.8m for Berbatov and thought you could get Fabregas for £30m?

£30.75m and Frazier Campbell on loan.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

City to lose Denis Suarez to Barca too?

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m

Another young promise that couldnt develop in the riches of the PL. 90% done that Denis Suarez of City goes to Barcelona B

Don't worry dc, the promise of bringing through youth was only ever an FFP smoke screen.

dc89

I would have thought it would have been called the Abu Dhabi Cunt Complex or something similar, possibly not involving the word cunt.

Well I think the overall thing will be called the Etihad Campus but I'd be extremely surprised if Nike didn't get involved with it in someway.

The United/Nike deal is going to be announced very soon though. The contract negotiations exclusivity ends tonight which means Adidas/whoever the fuck else are free to enter. I'd be surprised if Nike and United haven't already come to an agreement, though Woody boy may think Adidas will offer more.

Nike have given us a load of shit shirts but it's still preferable to the generic Adidas three stripes stuff.

To be fair, why am I even talking about shirt aesthetics when we're getting this stuck on there from next season:

Chevrolet_logo2.jpg

Barzul

Barca have to give half of any profit from Fabregas sale to Arsenal. I can't see it being worth it for Barca. Fabregas will never publicly ask for move. He could become the main man at Barca this season, Xavi is like 34 or something and no Thiago. Why would he want to move? Money isn't that much of an incentive for Cesc, since he took a paycut to join Barca. And Man Utd don't even have the Fergie factor anymore. English press want the deal to happen, I can't see it.

Feorax

Barca have to give half of any profit from Fabregas sale to Arsenal. I can't see it being worth it for Barca. Fabregas will never publicly ask for move. He could become the main man at Barca this season, Xavi is like 34 or something and no Thiago. Why would he want to move? Money isn't that much of an incentive for Cesc, since he took a paycut to join Barca. And Man Utd don't even have the Fergie factor anymore. English press want the deal to happen, I can't see it.

Certain areas of English press are cancers, at this time of year more than ever. The agenda's they have are so thinly veiled it's unreal.

I think we're not far off putting a chunk of football journalists in the same category as games journalists in many respects.

Clegg

Andy Mitten is a decent journo. He's a big United fan but afaik he's actually based in Barcelona. He doesn't just follow the most tenuous link or source.

There is always the chance that he's being fed a duff line from one of the two sides in this transfer story. But he isn't making this up.

pappe

Andy Mitten is a decent journo. He's a big United fan but afaik he's actually based in Barcelona. He doesn't just follow the most tenuous link or source.

There is always the chance that he's being fed a duff line from one of the two sides in this transfer story. But he isn't making this up.

Dont do this to yourself man. Its not gonna happen.

ElyrionX

In the context of professional footballers and their relatively short professional life, I think taking a paycut when you're 23 is very different from rejecting a pay raise when you're 26.

I can't believe how late Moyes and Woodward are leaving this. The time to bed in a new midfielder is before the season proper starts. Ugh.

Nintendo Handheld Only Future.

It's for the best.

Not logically. Shutting down a major revenue stream because it's losing market share makes no sense in a volatile industry where a turnaround is just another console cycle away, especially when each sale of hardware is profitable. The Wii U will be another GameCube, but Nintendo's business model is more than sustainable. The "Nintendo is doomed" narrative is the simple story of the self-absorbed, who relate their own growing disconnection with the Nintendo brand as a signpost of its inevitable decline.

Hixx

Barca good.
Bayern better.
Liverpool the best.

Pls

Spurs are the best team on it

Not really Bayern are but I can work my magic with Spurs so they win.

-

"And the Sunderland head coach says that playing at full-back will involve a far more attacking remit under the blueprint for his new-look side.

“Now we’re playing in a different way, he’s (Colback) started to understand that as a left-back he becomes like a winger,” added Di Canio.

“With the system we’re going to use this year, both full-backs often during the game will become wingers.

“He’s going to enjoy it.”"

Aston-Villas-manager-Mart-006.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-GAF, don't let Marchisio fall into the spell of Moyes. we all have to sabotage United, lest they finish top 6.
It's unlikely we're selling anyone now, let alone Marchisio.

Our strikers are the only ones still available on the market (if there's any for them lol).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mineiro have accepted an offer from Shaktar for Bernard. Scratch another one off the list.

If we sell Bale then for me the only replacement I would accept would be Roma's Lamela. He cost a fucking fortune and Baldini's presence would make it even more difficult, but I think he can be as good as Bale.

On Soldado:

Widespread reports in Spain today confirm that Tottenham will finally sign Roberto Soldao from Valencia for 30 million euros on Wednesday.

Spurs have been negotiating with Valencia for 10 days now and the likes of Deportivo Valenciano, Marca and AS all confirm a deal is very close.

Valencia are keen to close the deal as quickly as possible due to their mounting debt. Tottenham have agreed to pay an initial fee of 15 million euros up front with final negotiations over how to pay the other 15 million.

Just think how good we would be if we kept Bale...Levy pleaaaseeeee don't sell.

Jamie Redknapp running his mouth:
"Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world how can he turn it down?" said Redknapp. "I also believe Tottenham are a selling club, their history would suggest that. You go back to Michael Carrick, Modric Berbatov they do tend to sell.

"They always sell at the right price and I think there will be a conversation between Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis and I can only see one outcome - and that is he will be a Real Madrid player."

Shut the fuck up. Ever since we sacked Droopy he's been pissing on us whenever he can.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola, however, recently identified Juventus as a strong financial force in the European game.

Antonio Conte : “Guardiola is stuck in his time at Brescia,” the 44-year-old responded. “He’s gone to a club with little money, hasn’t he…? It is better that people just look into their own homes.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Managed to get my phone contract down from £37 a month to £15 a month. Will kick in tomorrow. If it doesn't improve, then I am probably going to buy out of my contract and move somewhere else.

kharma45

:lol Warrior are so shit.

this is what I said a month ago

Hyped up: Januzaj, Powell (not sure how powell will end up as he's being converted to cm)
Good potential: Daehli, Pearson, Perreira
Servicable in future: Cole, Lingard, Vermijl

I guess we can add in Varela and Henriquez who will both play in the reserves next season.

Rio would disagree

If I was going to hang my hat on a young player being a Man United player then Jesse would be the one. He’s got everything. For me Jesse could be a top, top player. He’s not one of the first young players who you look at for flashy pieces of skill, but his understanding of the game, of where to run, where to take the ball and his desire and application in training… he looks like a Manchester United player to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom