• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I believe we're purposefully waiting for the clause to lapse because we have no intention of paying that fee. From tomorrow Shalke can't come back to us quoting a release clause.

If they do want more than the rumoured €16 million then it's better for us to switch targets.

Well...

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m

release clause lapsing means that Schalke are now free to set their own fee or to refuse a sale altogether.

More likely you'd have to change targets methinks.

Just did some research on that Warrior link. "£30m a year" is ridiculous. We signed a deal in 2001 for £23m a year for 15 years. Arsenal and Chelsea's deals are worth £30m a year and we sell almost double the amount of shirts and are a bigger and "better" brand to be associated with.

£50m minimum, £60m more likely. Contract will be 10 to 15 years. United are a cash machine.

£51m a year shirt sponsorship
£50m+ a year kit supplier deal (kit supplier deals are typically more than shirt sponsorship deals, so I would expect 60+)
£20m a year Aon deal
Various other deals
76k stadium that sells out every week

Yet no fucking signings.

Pirlo really needs to start wearing an eyepatch to complete his full transition into Solid Snake.

mgsjuveyybf0.gif

Just did some research on that Warrior link. "£30m a year" is ridiculous. We signed a deal in 2001 for £23m a year for 15 years. Arsenal and Chelsea's deals are worth £30m a year and we sell almost double the amount of shirts and are a bigger and "better" brand to be associated with.

£50m minimum, £60m more likely. Contract will be 10 to 15 years. United are a cash machine.

£51m a year shirt sponsorship
£50m+ a year kit supplier deal (kit supplier deals are typically more than shirt sponsorship deals, so I would expect 60+)
£20m a year Aon deal
Various other deals
76k stadium that sells out every week

Yet no fucking signings.
It won't be £30m they're offering.

We got more than £30m last year from Nike.

Wilbur

Banned
Won't help online which is what I want to play. So fuck PES.

Really though, who gives a fuck, especially if you go online with clubs and randomly pick a kit to wear?

Fucking FIFA, I was about 12 before I decided who gives a fuck about licenses? Best game is best game, don't care if Accrington Stanley have a nice new away kit

Arnie

Well...

More likely you'd have to change targets methinks.
Schalke signed Santana as a replacement for Papadopolous. Schalke have prepared to let him go, no matter what they say publicly. And the fee was never going to be as much as €22 million.

On Bernard:

"Arsenal said they'd bid but they never did so."

:lol

Probably because they actually had a chance of getting this one.

It won't be £30m they're offering.

We got more than £30m last year from Nike.

Yeah, you'd expect such long deals to be conditional.

I can't see the Glazers not wanting to sign a long-term deal (15 years) and I don't see Warrior being able to sign that kind of deal seeing as their contract with Liverpool is only 6 years.

Really though, who gives a fuck, especially if you go online with clubs and randomly pick a kit to wear?

I don't do that with PES because it doesn't fucking have clubs seasons, that fucking joke of a game. I care when playing head to head matches online though... and I care about having teams like Palermo and Copenhagen in there, Copenhagen probably still are in PES, but it's embarrassingly bad with stats all over the place, so is Fifa often, but at least it got some overall idea of what the different Copenhagen players strengths are and not completely random like PES seems to be at times.

The licensing thing is a joke. Sadly without it PES will always be #2.

Number 2 in terms of sales, yeah. I didn't give a fuck about licencing when growing up because PES was a much, much, much better game than FIFA. Man Red, Aragon, Trad Bricks, R. Larcos, Radolno, no one around my area cared.

I knew one FIFA player when I was a kid. Unfortunately PES turned to shit but I'm hearing good things about the new version and I'll most likely get it instead of FIFA.

PES was easily #1 in the mid 00's with hardly any licenses.

That's when FIFA was really really shit.

That's also when PES was really good.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't do that with PES because it doesn't fucking have clubs seasons, that fucking joke of a game. I care when playing head to head matches online though... and I care about having teams like Palermo and Copenhagen in there, Copenhagen probably still are in PES, but it's embarrassingly bad with stats all over the place, so is Fifa often, but at least it got some overall idea of what the different Copenhagen players strengths are and not completely random like PES seems to be at times.

I played with Copenhagen the other day on PES 13, won 4-0, Vetokele scored a lovely front post diving header. He's like 71 or something up front.

I played with Copenhagen the other day on PES 13, won 4-0, Vetokele scored a lovely front post diving header. He's like 71 or something up front.

The problem is the stats being all wrong, not overall stats but players with completely wrong strengthens and weaknesses from real life, it's a big fucking annoyance.

Although they have gotten better I guess, at least they get the skin colour right now lol

One of the best thing about PES was that the stats were almost spot on and players played like their human counterparts. Over the last few years they have really dropped the ball in this area and its been a massive let down.

dc89

Don't worry dc, I'll become a WiiU bro in a couple of months and together we can make Nintendo rise again!

Still, some shocking numbers there. At least they made a small profit.

We can do it together. With Scum and Sleepless and the other select few. We can do it.

Linius

I just saw Nick Miller and April Ludgate in one screenshot. Now I need to check out this movie "Safety Not Gueranteed". How did I miss this film in the first place?

So Caulker is going to Cardiff then? Surprised Spurs are selling him, guess the story about the Romanian CB must be right.

Also Cardiff are apparently going to sign Capoue too.

Linius

I read Zenit St. Shit, Dinamo and CSKA Moscow were after Eriksen and Alderweireld and they were willing to pay good. But who wants to move to Russia eh?

I read Zenit St. Shit, Dinamo and CSKA Moscow were after Eriksen and Alderweireld and they were willing to pay good. But who wants to move to Russia eh?

Eriksen has one year left on his contract so he'll be moving to United because that's what we do.

So does Alderweireld but we're signing Garay for £18m because Mendes told us to.

Linius

Eriksen has one year left on his contract so he'll be moving to United because that's what we do.

So does Alderweireld but we're signing Garay for £18m because Mendes told us to.

There's never been any rumours about Eriksen to United right?

Also, it would just be a dumb move for Eriksen to leave anyways. He's not ready to become an starter for any of the European giants. If he stays with us for another season or two he'll become twice the player he is now and that serves him much better in the long run.

Yeah and Dortmund's management comes off as guys that have no problem breaking promises. He's saying he will give 100% this season for the club, but is nonetheless disappointed they broke their word (after the Götze transfer became public). Understandable and it should be a lesson to every Dortmund player to get a release clause.

At least we'll probably get him next year for free, so no more subsidies for Dortmund from us.

"Fakt" is Poland's bild, has some Lewy quotes in an article that announces an interview with him that will be published on Friday. Sounds shady as fuck.

And even if the quotes are true, Lewandowski is just a huge cunt (well, not that it's surprising or anything). Watzke and Zorc surely didn't promise him to leave. Everyone that believes this needs his head checked or should just stop believing all the shit Lewy says in Polish media. Remember when he said he would show evidence that Watzke promised him to leave? Yeah, surprise, surprise, he didn't have shit to show. In the best case for Lewy, Watzke told him he could leave if a proper offer came in. Watzke's games/tricks aside that offer never came in. And don't tell me it's only Dortmund's fault. If Bayern was serious about signing him this summer, the written offer wouldn't have been anything more than a minor nuisance to Bayern.

Lewy should get his shit together, shut the fuck up and play football.

Scum

I can't wait for EA to announce FUT as a separate entity altogether. Fucking cunts. FIFA needs competition, but Konami are just as fucking incompetent.

We can do it together. With Scum and Sleepless and the other select few. We can do it.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom