• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

So, you're telling me that Bayern didn't want to pay proper money and thus Dortmund fucked over Lewandowski because we didn't allow him to leave or what? Are you serious?
Dead serious. 35 million with one year left in his contract is what Dortmund claimed. I think anybody with some brains passes here. This aint Messi. I think Lewandowski wouldnt be so mad about Watzke if it wasnt for that agreement. Bayern wanted him and would have paid up to 20 million which is the right amount for a player like him but appearently Watzke didnt want to get his ass destroyed by Bayern a second time, so rather breaks his promises. Good man.
Oh, I have to pay taxes on my €100k watches?" Rummenigge and Uli "Taxes?" Hoeneß.
Dont get cocky now.

Kyoufu

On paper, for sure; but I would have said on paper you'll be top ten easily last year. There's a huge instability around the club at the moment with the Cisse, Coloccini and Kinnear business all looming rather heavily.

Indeed. We're a ticking timebomb planted on a rollercoaster.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale reportedly has no intention of handing in a transfer request in order to push through a move to Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants are said to have lodged a world-record £85m bid for the Wales international, who has been nursing a leg injury over the last week.

While the 24-year-old is keen to speak to Madrid over a possible move to the Bernabeu, it is understood that he will not go on strike or officially ask to leave the club if Spurs continue to refuse talks, according to BBC Sport.

Levy must have a powerful anti-Zizou jamming device at the training ground.

Carbonox

On paper, for sure; but I would have said on paper you'll be top ten easily last year. There's a huge instability around the club at the moment with the Cisse, Coloccini and Kinnear business all looming rather heavily.

For now at least, the Cisse and Coloccini situations appear to be resolved (though anything could happen). It's Joe Kinnear who's sucking what little life remains out of the club. His complete incompetence could down us for good.

Had we never brought him in, we would have been doing better this Summer IMO (fair enough pre-season has been OK but transfer-wise we've signed one kid and that's it, plus Kinnear has no doubt pulled the plug or majorly fucked up other deals). If it was still down to LAMBEZEE, we'd probably have signed Douglas and Gomis at least by now. Regardless of the issues even sir derek has caused, at least he was competent, whichever way he swung.

Zabojnik

9S0dPy4.gif

Conte doesn't understand how is it possibile that the Supercup final is being played in Rome, in Lazio's stadium, while the rules clearly state that it's supposed to be played either on neutral ground or - if there's no agreement between the two clubs - in the Serie A champions' stadium?

It's pretty simple. FIGC = mafia. The day Abete and the rest of those corrupt motherfuckers bite the dust will be one of the happiest of my life.

Dead serious. 35 million with one year left in his contract is what Dortmund claimed. I think anybody with some brains passes here. This aint Messi. I think Lewandowski wouldnt be so mad about Watzke if it wasnt for that agreement. Bayern wanted him and would have paid up to 20 million which is the right amount for a player like him but appearently Watzke didnt want to get his ass destroyed by Bayern a second time, so rather breaks his promises. Good man.

Hahahahahaha

Oh

wow

Stop please

Or no, don't, would be nice if you told me how much we'll want for Ilkay next year, I see you have proper connections to Watzke, Zorc or Klopp.

Conflicting reports. Some say it's today, some say Mid August.

It doesn't look like any reputable sources have reported on it.

Edit: Except Sky who say 14th of August.

Edit: And The Independent.

Why do they put the shit sources on the first page and the good sources on page 182?

Xavi: I haven't watched Gareth Bale play a full match.

Shots fired? Shots fired.

He was asked about a transfer that doesn't even involve his team and he just states he hasn't watched him play, not that crazy or provocative. Footballers probably get enough football themselves to not bother following 5 different leagues.

Jack cw

Hahahahahaha
Or no, don't, would be nice if you told me how much we'll want for Ilkay next year, I see you have proper connections to Watzke, Zorc or Klopp.
Appearently better than yours. They claimed 30+ million, so yeah time to bail out ;)
I find it hilarious how nothing is ever Dortmund's fault for you. Never is there even some sort of responsibility, some fault, some mistake they did. It's always the others. Always. Black and white.
Yeah, there is no middle ground for him as it seems. But hey, this is Watzke and Klopps indoctrination. You cant blame that guy for this.

I find it hilarious how nothing is ever Dortmund's fault for you. Never is there even some sort of responsibility, some fault, some mistake they did. It's always the others. Always. Black and white.

Seriously? But you did actually read what I wrote? I never said it's all Bayern's/Lewy's fault, there are words like "most of the story" or "Bayern could have made it much easier". I even said that Watzke surely played his games/tricks with Bayern, he certainly did his part. I find it hilarious that Watzke is the bad guy in this story for Bayern fans. Well, not surprising when babies don't get the newest toy they want.

Appearently better than yours. They claimed 30+ million, so yeah time to bail out ;)

You might stop reading bild, you know. Or like, just don't believe everything they write.

GQman2121

Banned
Well one of our Brazilians will at least make the openers against Hull and Villa.

Ramires, 26, is apparently in the doghouse of the CBF. President Jose Maria Marin is claiming that the player missed friendlies against Russia and Italy back in match, not because he was recovering from a thigh injury, but because he attended a dinner party with his wife.

That must have been some party!

Anyway, his chances of making the squad for the world cup are fading, as he wasn't needed during the Confederations Cup where Brazil did quite well without him.

Not sure how Mou plans to use him in the rotation, but he's going to have to show something to force his way back into the CBF and Scolari's good graces.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte doesn't understand how is it possibile that the Supercup final is being played in Rome, in Lazio's stadium, while the rules clearly state that it's supposed to be played either on neutral ground or - if there's no agreement between the two clubs - in the Serie A champions' stadium?

And correct me if I'm wrong, they're also getting the lion's share of the money.

Not sure how Mou plans to use him in the rotation, but he's going to have to show something to force his way back into the CBF and Scolari's good graces.

This is good news for us. Whoever thought friendlies that close to the start of the season was a good idea is an idiot. And the situation with the Spanish friendly is fucking stupid.

Watch at least one of our players get injured too

GQman2121

Banned
This is good news for us. Whoever thought friendlies that close to the start of the season was a good idea is an idiot. And the situation with the Spanish friendly is fucking stupid.

Watch at least one of our players get injured too

I think it has to do with a lack of communication and money. It really makes no sense for friendlies to take place this close to the start of the season.

Zabojnik

And correct me if I'm wrong, they're also getting the lion's share of the money.

I'm not exactly sure, since I was too pissed to follow this bullshit in its entirety, but I think so. I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck us over the ticket quotas as well.

Kyoufu

For now at least, the Cisse and Coloccini situations appear to be resolved (though anything could happen). It's Joe Kinnear who's sucking what little life remains out of the club. His complete incompetence could down us for good.

Had we never brought him in, we would have been doing better this Summer IMO (fair enough pre-season has been OK but transfer-wise we've signed one kid and that's it, plus Kinnear has no doubt pulled the plug or majorly fucked up other deals). If it was still down to LAMBEZEE, we'd probably have signed Douglas and Gomis at least by now. Regardless of the issues even sir derek has caused, at least he was competent, whichever way he swung.

Agreed.

The problem has and always will be Mike Ashley though. He has no intention of taking us anywhere other than the Championship.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1m
Roy Hodgson appointed England under-21s manager ... for one game vs Scotland on Aug 13

Oh God. They're letting him have a go at all our 'talent' too.

Sane_Man

Even if Dortmund were demanding 30 million, how does that make them the bad guy? He's contracted to them until next year. They can demand whatever they want and if nobody pays it he stays and can leave when his contract ends for free, which is what happened. How is that unfair?

Be gutted if Caulker goes, young, English and home grown. Would have hoped he would stick around and challenge Verts and Kaboom.

Maybe Bale doesn't like him, maybe Bale is saying who comes and goes Messi style.

Wilbur

Banned
Dortmund can ask for however much money they want. They've decided to lose him on a free in a year or sell him for 30m this year and they're perfectly entitled to.

Is Bale worth 100m? No. But is levy entitled to ask for that much even if Bale requests a transfer? Yep. He's under contract.

Player power is one of my most hated things about football.

Possibly dc'ing here:

Papers are saying Chelsea will come back for Rooney with an improved bid of £40m.

Clearly the papers haven't been reading what Mou has been saying, considering he said that the striker he wants won't cost £40m or £50m.

£30m, MAYBE £35m and the deal will be done in my opinion if United are prepared to sell to us.

Tc91

Rooney will be sold but not before our game vs Chelsea.

I imagine personal terms are already agreed, no way we would let Rooney join them and have him at Old Trafford in a Chelsea shirt. He'll sit that one out then join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom