• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

And don't tell me it's only Dortmund's fault. If Bayern was serious about signing him this summer, the written offer wouldn't have been anything more than a minor nuisance to Bayern.

Lewy should get his shit together, shut the fuck up and play football.
I still think Watzke was butthurt about Götze and Bayern wouldnt give him something that he could use against them. It appears Watzke changed his mind and broke his promise, after Bayern didnt bid that 30+ million. I can understand Lewandowski. This is true love indeed.

Wilbur

Banned
What are you talking about?

That's the price for Caulker, why would be buy Caulker?

o i fought u ment capoue

updl3EX.png

pappe

I still think Watzke was butthurt about Götze and Bayern wouldnt give him something that he could use against them. It appears Watzke changed his mind and broke his promise, after Bayern didnt bid that 30+ million. I can understand Lewandowski. This is true love indeed.

Situations change. As far as i know Dortmund didnt know shit abt Gotze leaving to Bayern when they made that understanding with Lewa. As soon as Gotze decided to go to Bayern it was pretty understandable that they wouldnt want to deal with Bayern and send another one of their best players to their direct competition.

You dont stay competitive by respecting true love of your player when it is clearly the wrong choice for your club. Not every club is like Arsenal.

That's what I thought. Do you guys need a creative CM / ACM anyways?

If we're selling Rooney. Eriksen obviously wouldn't be good enough to replace Rooney but that's exactly the kind of signing I can see us making. I included him in the list of my realistic transfer targets after seeing he had one year remaining on http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

If there's one thing United like, it's a bargain.

Bebe has 2 years left on his contract. Did we really have to give a tramp from the Portuguese amateur league a 5 year deal?

Linius

If we're selling Rooney. Eriksen obviously wouldn't be good enough to replace Rooney but that's exactly the kind of signing I can see us making. I included him in the list of my realistic transfer targets after seeing he had one year remaining on http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

If there's one thing United like, it's a bargain.

Bebe has 2 years left on his contract. Did we really have to give a tramp from the Portuguese amateur league a 5 year deal?

Rooney is supposed to be a striker right? Eriksen doesn't score many goals, he's an assist man.

Anyways, I dunno what you consider a bargain but Ajax isn't gonna let go of him for little money.

Rooney is supposed to be a striker right? Eriksen doesn't score many goals, he's an assist man.

Anyways, I dunno what you consider a bargain but Ajax isn't gonna let go of him for little money.

Since RVP arrived, Rooney has been a supporting striker/attacking midfielder.

I don't want Eriksen, I just think that he's the sort of player the club will be in for once they get over the idea of signing Fabregas for a record £30.76m or Modric for £25m. A bargain for Eriksen would be about £10m, seeing as he has a lot of potential even if he doesn't look like reaching it. Given that he has one year left on his contract, I can't see him going for much more than that.

I don't think there is much doubt that Dortmund assured him (in some way) that he could leave, otherwise they wouldn't have stressed the whole "no written offer" thing as much. They're using semantics to keep face. Obviously things changed after Götze left, at which point a move to Bayern became a no-go for Watzke/Zorc. That's also understandable for a club like Dortmund, but it also shows their true colours. That said, at the end of the day words are wind and if there's nothing in his contract Lewandowski will have to swallow his pride and keep giving all for Dortmund, anything else would be shitty.

And how exactly would one use a written offer to sign a player against Bayern? Unless it's a joke offer but yeah... How?

Like I said, Watzke surely played his games with Bayern after Götze but let's not kid ourselves Bayern was in the better position. There most likely was a "You can leave for €Xm", not surprising considering we need to make some money with players in the normal case. Watzke would have been fucked if Bayern made BVB a written offer for the rumored €20m. Nowhere to run from there for Watzke. If that price was true or not, doesn't really matter, the media would have had stories to write about Watzke being a liar, etc. But Bayern didn't make one.

I mean, you can believe what you want but that shows me Bayern didn't care if they got Lewandowski now or next year. They don't need him now. Pep will probably try his fake 9 stuff and there's still Pizarro and Mandzukic, certainly good enough for a year. Everyone shitting on Watzke in this case is neglecting the fact that Bayern could have made it much easier for everyone involved if they didn't act like idiots ("We won't negotiate with Dortmund about Lewandowski"). Or if they just simply played it fair with Lewandowski. I get that "We won't pay any money for you" is probably not the best thing to say to your new signing but they could have just said "We'll take you next year" right from the beginning. Or maybe they did and Lewandowski is the biggest cunt in this whole thing.

Linius

Since RVP arrived, Rooney has been a supporting striker/attacking midfielder.

I don't want Eriksen, I just think that he's the sort of player the club will be in for once they get over the idea of signing Fabregas for a record £30.76m or Modric for £25m. A bargain for Eriksen would be about £10m, seeing as he has a lot of potential even if he doesn't look like reaching it. Given that he has one year left on his contract, I can't see him going for much more than that.

I'm too lazy to transistion the number but I figure we will try to get at least 20 million out of him. Though in fact every penny less than what Roma paid for the Stroot cunt would be a disgrace.

Hixx

Cardiff are spending a lot of money on players that aren't really anything special. Reminds me of what Keane did for us. It worked but we've had to rein in spending recently as a consequence of it and the squad we've had before this summer showed how much we cut back.

I'm too lazy to transistion the number but I figure we will try to get at least 20 million out of him. Though in fact every penny less than what Roma paid for the Stroot cunt would be a disgrace.

No club would pay that when they could just offer him a contract in January and have him in the summer, especially since it's been confirmed that he won't be signing a new contract. Strootman's contract was until 2016. You have to factor contract length into fees.

Kagawa, for example, went for £12m rising to £17m and he was rated far higher than Eriksen. RVP went for £24m and he's one of the best strikers in the world. Both because they had one year left on their contracts.

Wilbur

Banned
Cardiff are spending a lot of money on players that aren't really anything special. Reminds me of what Keane did for us. It worked but we've had to rein in spending recently as a consequence of it and the squad we've had before this summer showed how much we cut back.

They might as well take advantage of the higher television money and actually make a fist of staying in the division; Cornelius is a better striker than Hull and Palace have, and Caulker is a better defender than either of those teams have as well. Their problem at the moment is yourselves, Norwich, Southampton, Fulham all improving; no one looks that vulnerable apart from Newcastle at the moment.

You won't be saying this when you see Cornelius.

Kyoufu

They might as well take advantage of the higher television money and actually make a fist of staying in the division; Cornelius is a better striker than Hull and Palace have, and Caulker is a better defender than either of those teams have as well. Their problem at the moment is yourselves, Norwich, Southampton, Fulham all improving; no one looks that vulnerable apart from Newcastle at the moment.

We need a striker and then we'd be ok until January I think.

Cornelius probably won't be any better than Glenn Murray.

Linius

No club would pay that when they could just offer him a contract in January and have him in the summer, especially since it's been confirmed that he won't be signing a new contract. Strootman's contract was until 2016. You have to factor contract length into fees.

Kagawa, for example, went for £12m rising to £17m and he was rated far higher than Eriksen. RVP went for £24m and he's one of the best strikers in the world. Both because they had one year left on their contracts.

This is not true. He will in fact be signing another year if the right club doesn't come by. The right club being a club like Liverpool/Dortmund or better.

Jack cw

And how exactly would one use a written offer to sign a player against Bayern? Unless it's a joke offer but yeah... How?
I'm pretty sure that Bayern would have bid around 15+ million. Which would be ridiculous in Dortmund terms. But I think Bayern was smart to bail out on this and leave Lewandowski and Watzke fight each other and it worked pretty well so far. I think that there is a small chance that he might get the approval from Dortmund until August 31st.

Wilbur

Banned
We need a striker and then we'd be ok until January I think.

On paper, for sure; but I would have said on paper you'll be top ten easily last year. There's a huge instability around the club at the moment with the Cisse, Coloccini and Kinnear business all looming rather heavily.

Last post on this because I can't believe the shit I'm reading.
They didn't say they wouldn't negotiate with Dortmund, they said the very opposite. They said they would've had no problem getting at a table with Dortmund, but refused to hand in a written offer.

Why no written offer? Because it's binding and dangerous. Too little implies that we don't value Lewandowski very highly, too much and you're throwing money at a direct competitor for a player that would come for free next year. Watzke is stressing it because he knows Bayern don't hand in written offers, it's a cop-out.

An inofficial "You can leave for xyz€" sounds like crap as well, especially since we've heard absolutely nothing like that, neither has Dortmund (at any point) mentioned such a thing. The fact that Dortmund seems to have completely avoided the issue and (unless I'm mistaken) haven't really commented on it in detail makes me believe that they made informal promises and decided (after Götze left) to demand something they knew Bayern wouldn't give them. They've completely focussed on the whole written offer thing, which makes you wonder why when (if your story is to be believed) they could've come clean long ago.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/k...ortmund-robert-lewandowski-28564588.bild.html

A written offer is dangerous? Sure, rather give Dortmund 20m without a contract, sounds like something every businessmen would do. Get the fuck over it, Bayern didn't ultimately want him and that's most of the story.

An inofficial "You can leave for xyz€" doesn't sound like crap, that's the best thing you could hear as a player, you won't get a blank cheque to leave unless you're shit. Maybe Watzke didn't say this but that would only make Lewandowski the liar.

I'm pretty sure that Bayern would have bid around 15+ million. Which would be ridiculous in Dortmund terms. But I think Bayern was smart to bail out on this and leave Lewandowski and Watzke fight each other and it worked pretty well so far. I think that there is a small chance that he might get the approval from Dortmund until August 31st.

So, you're telling me that Bayern didn't want to pay proper money and thus Dortmund fucked over Lewandowski because we didn't allow him to leave or what? Are you serious?

Hixx

Cornelius is a 19 year old who has played one season in a league I would say is no better than the Championship.

Caulker is not better than McShane.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Caulker to Cardiff? Seems he's having a medical. It better be a loan move, if not then I don't know what the fuck we are doing. I get that this Bucharest guy is an upgrade but we shouldn't be selling young English players like Caulker, players who are actually good.

I see quotes from £9-12m, but even at that price I don't see why we would do this. With Kaboul's dodgy knee we could end up with a repeat of 11/12 where we had to field crippled centre backs who got mullered by Grant Holt.

The holy trinity is now complete:

paulinho_july31_730j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom