• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
I know right.

Wah wah stop being mean about my beloved Madrid those oil teams are horrible they didn't let my beloved Juve.

come on bae

Picking the best teams in two leagues is bullshit as well. At least if you pick one its possible you picked them when you were a kid and decided to carry on. Who is watching multiple leagues at 6.
Man city and chelsea fans are so lucky, alot of love for original fans of those teams.

Salvadora

Really? I thought they were still there, but in the shop window? (Gervinho, Bendtner, Chamakh, Park)
Yeah Bendtner, Chamakh and Park are the holdovers at the moment.

I wouldn't really put Gervinho in the same class as we've somehow conned another football club into bidding over £5(?) million for him. I think he could do a job for many teams too. When he was playing up front I thought he performed reasonably well.

I don't think we could get a penny for Chamakh or Park, honestly.
You two-team goons make me sick.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BQhWxPKCMAA7K4P.jpg

Salvadora

This is what Bernard said about Shakhtar's offer:
"I don’t know if it will be best for me, I’m talking with my family.

"But nothing is certain yet. I had a meeting with the president and he told me what Shakhtar offered him and myself. It is between Porto and Shakhtar."
Unsurprisingly no one wants to go to the Ukraine. Swoop Arsene, swoop.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is what Bernard said about Shakhtar's offer:
Unsurprisingly no one wants to go to the Ukraine. Swoop Arsene, swoop.

No young Brazilian player would choose an English side over Porto. That's just how it is. If they are genuinely in for him then it's as good as done.

GorillaJu

If Bernard wants to play for a top European team, he should avoid going to Shakhtar. Porto is much more willing to sell their south American stars.

Baki

I've accepted it. Arsenal will sign no one. :(

Wenger, why do you do this to me. :'(

Instead of pining for Suarez, should've gone for Soldado & Fellaini/Bernard instead.

Salvadora

No young Brazilian player would choose an English side over Porto. That's just how it is. If they are genuinely in for him then it's as good as done.
But I wants him :(

We are legitimately in August without a signing for the senior Arsenal squad. I couldn't have imagined a worse summer.
If Bernard wants to play for a top European team, he should avoid going to Shakhtar. Porto is much more willing to sell their south American stars.
And considering the bank Porto make on their stars he won't go to England even after that.

Don't be ridiculous.

I've already pointed out that Portugal gets all the second rate Brazilian talent. Deco, as far as I'm concerned, is the only truly world class player that's come from Brazil to Portgual.

Salvadora

Sviatoslav's traitorous sidekick Hulk has also been whispering bad talk about Arsenal in Bernard's ear. The least we can be relied on is to make young players into stars!

GorillaJu

The transition is easier as they'll have lots of south American and Brazilian teammates in a Portugese-speaking country, and they have a few years to flourish in an easier league. Their future isn't closed off either, as Porto are a selling club, so if they want to play in a top league, there's nothing to stop them from doing so.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Because Porto offer a much more comfortable transition to life in Europe with the language and culture being broadly similar, they already have a history of Brazilian players and have several in their squad, and they play in the Champion's League. Bernard is just 20, unless Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool are offering a better financial package there is no real incentive for him to go there.

Bernard's dad:

"Bernard is not a doll, he gave Atletico a lot, he wants to join Porto, they should try and reach an agreement."

Dazzler

Whoever said they can't think of two worse clubs than Madrid and Barcelona:

CELTIC AND RANGERS

Two clubs who only exist to antagonise each other because of some dumb religious hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom