• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely excited for Soldado, the team is really coming together now.

Just depends on the Bale situation now, he goes we have to get one or two more in, he stays we are looking very good.

Looking forward to Monaco match at the weekend, hopefully Paulinho and Chadli get some game time.

Showaddy

George-bush-dance.gif

E7xUND0.gif

Finally. A striker.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm genuinely excited for Soldado, the team is really coming together now.

Just depends on the Bale situation now, he goes we have to get one or two more in, he stays we are looking very good.

Looking forward to Monaco match at the weekend, hopefully Paulinho and Chadli get some game time.

I trust Baldini, Levy and AVB to find the right player to replace Bale. They seem to be doing good business and signing quality players. I don't like selling Bale but maybe there is some truth to the money making us a better team overall. You can't rely on Bale wonderstrikes forever.

Wes

venison crêpe
Darren Bent is pinning his hopes on Fulham to resurrect his Premier League career and his World Cup hopes after Newcastle United's decision to end their interest in signing the striker, a source told ESPN.

Bent's future now rests on Fulham making an official bid of £6 million, which is expected to happen in the next couple of days, after his preferred move to the North East collapsed on Wednesday.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew wanted to link up again with the player he first managed at Charlton, but it appears the attitude of director of football Joe Kinnear has now ended all hopes Bent had of a reunion.

According to reports Bent and his agent are understood to have been far from impressed following a meeting with Kinnear, who suggested he would only offer Aston Villa £2m for the England international.

460KinnearTomJenkins.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pcfifabros ill be on in half hour so we can decimate the league

Arnie

What a signing Soldado is for Spurs.

They're gonna be top this season, with or without Bale. Quietly up there with City for the best business done.

sohois

What positions would Tottenham look to strengthen should Bale leave? Seeing as their squad is pretty stacked already, it's not obvious where would be the best positions to buy in.

Aside from the obvious Bale replacement winger, I suppose the insistence on Morata suggests they want a second striker so they can just get rid of Adebayor. The only other area where they could effect a significant improvement would seem to be Right Back, with Walker only decent and Naughton(?) a mediocre replacement.

Who is this?

Also, Soldado is a great signing for Spurs. Shift that donkey Adebayor and use the money from that, Caulker/Bale to get another winger (I've seen people discuss Lamela) and maybe another striker to provide more depth and you'll be in good shape even without the Welsh god.

What positions would Tottenham look to strengthen should Bale leave? Seeing as their squad is pretty stacked already, it's not obvious where would be the best positions to buy in.

Aside from the obvious Bale replacement winger, I suppose the insistence on Morata suggests they want a second striker so they can just get rid of Adebayor. The only other area where they could effect a significant improvement would seem to be Right Back, with Walker only decent and Naughton(?) a mediocre replacement.

CB backup, Left Back (I dislike Rose) and a winger. Maybe a young keeper and striker for the future but no rush with these.

Who is this?

Also, Soldado is a great signing for Spurs. Shift that donkey Adebayor and use the money from that, Caulker/Bale to get another winger (I've seen people discuss Lamela) and maybe another striker to provide more depth and you'll be in good shape even without the Welsh god.

Not sure. I just found the gif earlier.

Ushojax

Areas we need to strengthen:

1. Striker - Ade replacement
2. Wide forward - Bale replacement
3. Centre-back - Caulker replacement

We may also sign a full-back.

Clegg

Graham Hunter says Febregas' agent is pushing us to sign him from Barca.

Hunter is the kiss of death.

It was good while it lasted lads.

K1LLER7

Graham Hunter says Febregas' agent is pushing us to sign him from Barca.

Hunter is the kiss of death.

It was good while it lasted lads.
So his agent is using us in order for his player to get what he wants from Barca.

Cesc you won't start there. Come be a Moyes Boy.

Linius

Very nice, the opening game of the season (tomorrow night) is completely sold out except for some business seats.

n5gavPF.jpg

Can't wait.

Ushojax

Here's one

Ade isn't that bad. Soldado is the third striker we should have had in the first place. Now we need a Lisandro Lopez-type cheap option who will be a squad player. We cannot have only two strikers again, that screwed us big-time last season.

Walshy

Who knows. Neymar could be a complete flop for all we know. He's highly rated, but not yet proved himself in Spain.

Same goes for Bale too though.
Bale will be fine in Spain.

He probably will only get better too, which is scary considering how good he is right now.

sohois

CB backup, Left Back (I dislike Rose) and a winger. Maybe a young keeper and striker for the future but no rush with these.

Areas we need to strengthen:

1. Striker - Ade replacement
2. Wide forward - Bale replacement
3. Centre-back - Caulker replacement

We may also sign a full-back.

Well I assumed that a new CB would be signed regardless of the Bale transfer since Caulker has been sold. But even if Tottenham do fill all of those positions, they'd still have plenty left over I imagine - unless the replacements are on hefty wages.

Ushojax

Bale will be fine in Spain.

He probably will only get better too, which is scary considering how good he is right now.

Bale has a lot of work to do still. His close range finishing is poor and he doesn't do enough work tracking back. In the air he is poor on defensive set plays.

I don't think we will go mental with the Bale money. We will sign one player to replace him and that's it, we already beefed up the squad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The reggiana Digos have concluded that the insults against Constant at the TIM Cup were not racist.

See? I knew it. Someone made fun of his (long) nose and he walked off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom