• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

So, Spurs get 90M to play with.

Who do they buy?

tumblr_mhyrn2KP7S1qmgxqio1_500.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Speaking of Chiriches, have you seen why the deal might be off? The clubs dickhead owner Gigi Becali (who's currently serving time for corruption) just veto'd it for no apparent reason. Here's his wikipedia summary by the way:

5 Controversies
5.1 Views on homosexuality
5.2 Legal action for discrimination against homosexuals
5.3 Xenophobia
5.4 Antisemitism
5.5 Violence
5.6 Various
6 Conviction

An impressive list...

His agent is saying he expects it to go ahead anyway.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Former Arsenal and England full-back Kenny Sansom is homeless and battling alcoholism, according to a report.

The 54-year-old, who made 86 appearances for the Three Lions between 1979 and 1988 and played at the World Cup twice, told The Sun how he had struggled with personal problems which had hampered him for several years.

"I have been living homeless for 10 days, that's because I've got no money, I'm a drunk, I'm not feeling very well and I'm a gambler. I've been living on the street," he said.

"I am just a drunk. I drink as much as I can get."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-kenny-sansom-homeless-and-drunk-8741819.html

Such a sad story. :(

Whelan

Banned
Bale is signing a new contract with us.

BELIEVE.

That's the rumour. These last few days have helped push Bale towards the Global branding he wants, and Spurs want to be a part of that. That's why we haven't released a statement yet, we're happy for all the free publicity for both him and us.

He'll sign a new deal within a week

That's the rumour. These last few days have helped push Bale towards the Global branding he wants, and Spurs want to be a part of that. That's why we haven't released a statement yet, we're happy for all the free publicity for both him and us.

He'll sign a new deal within a week

Hahaha yes WhelanITK what is up my bro.

YES, LOOK AT ALL THESE SPURS FANS. FOOTYGAF BEING DOMINATED.

Soldado joining and breaking our record transfer fee, this is a good day.

We're gonna win the league, I can feel it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmmm. I think with the signings they have made, they money they now have and Arsenal remaining static, they could probably give Reus a convincing argument.

It's who I'd go for anyway.

I don't think Reus is a realistic target. But he would be perfect.

Timurid

Hmmm. I think with the signings they have made, they money they now have and Arsenal remaining static, they could probably give Reus a convincing argument.

It's who I'd go for anyway.
Tbh Reus won't sign with them. I don't even think he will leave BVB for an English club.

Wilbur

Banned
More like £45m to buy 2 players and. £45m to pay their salary over the course of their contract.

Exactly. People are forgetting about the wages.

Lamela for 25-30m, and then that centre back coming in for what, near 10? And then another back up striker for under 10m and that's a strong squad even without Bale.

L1NETT

Oh fuck off One Direction. Pretty sure one of the squirts is from Bradford, hope he doesn't turn out for us.

Why would he bother even playing. Surely he has no time, miming onstage takes a lot of skill.

More like £45m to buy 2 players and. £45m to pay their salary over the course of their contract.

You're forgetting the wages Bale's departure free's up though. He's on £70k/week or so isn't he, so the termination of his contract is probably enough to pay for his replacement's contract.

They can't straight up spend the entire £90m but they do have quite a bit of flexibility. I reckon they can comfortably spend over half of it.

Very rough maths but if they spent £60m of the transfer fee it would leave them with something like £200k/week worth of wages for players on 5 year contracts. You can do some very good business with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom