• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume like me other LFC supporters have seen the ''Alonso is not comfortable with the ball'' comment and decided that anybody who would write such shit isn't worth debating with.

To be fair, he seemed to lose the ball a lot last season compared to the seasons before. I think he's earned the trust to be allowed to proe that he can return to his former ability though, rather than essentially saying 'Alonso lost the ball more than usual in the Champions League last year, drop him, uncomfortable on the ball yada yada'

Turok_TTZ

New season is about to start.

And hopefully modric keeps alonso at the bench! I love alonso but his weaknesses are too great for madrid to bear, especially since we do not have a monster dm. Modric can do just fine in his place. If we had a monster dm to recover possession, alonso is more than welcome on the starting 11 but we do not.

comparison is done because the fact is alonso IS playing deeper and his turnovers are pathetic. The whole point of him playing deeper is so he DOESN'T make as much turnovers as he would higher up on the pitch. plus, he gets slightly more protection from the cbs by going deeper, making pressuring him more difficult. and yet despite going deeper and always making safe passes, alonso makes more turnovers than modric.

Modric who plays higher up, doesn't have the protection alonso has, has to deal with more pressure from the opposition being higher up, does more risky passing than alonso. from the scenarios and the their positions on the pitch, modric should have had a higher turnover than alonso. Pretty condemning for Alonso. I wouldn't be surprised if modric has a higher success pass rate. Alonso last season was pretty bad by his standards.

I don't even like modric but now I appreciate him a lot more than before. This guy is aces.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of Mourinho's instructions for Alonso was for him to launch the ball into the box whenever it was crowded, be it open play or set pieces. That must account for a hell of a lot of errant passes and lost possession, since it becomes a crapshoot to see how the ball falls.

Suen

He's a poison on your image, although I appreciate no one will give a fuck.
Finally Florentino's Ancelotti plan is bearing fruit. Should rename our arena to Gentlemen Arena.

because some of the opinions here are shit, yours included.

No comment
Bale being crap? Benz (or was it Higuain? :lol) having the talent to become more influential than CR7? Come on bro, you've said some crazy things as well. We all share but also have different views from each other
yours being the most absurd ones
. No need to shit all over each other (a special sport reserved for United fools) because we don't agree.

You've made some very good points I hadn't thought about which changed my perspective but so have PantyPhantom, pulga and other Madrid-GAF members. Discussing, exchange opinions and ideas are what we are for here. Comparing ourselves with each other in how much we claim we love he club or how much better fan you are compared to pulga or me or whatever isn't going to bring us closer to Perez's strip stage.

The only thing all of us can agree on (something even all non-Madrid ppl and Madrid-hating cunts agree on as well) is that Benz is shit.

Ayre confirmed Arsenal's two bids but said: "It's not something we're interested in and, as our fans would expect, we rejected both. The player is not available for sale - that's where we are and that's where we'll stay

IEUz0rh.gif
I've learnt from Milan-GAF that this is just another form of goldtie language. He's coming.

Seriously I'm starting to believe that Sanogo will be the only guy we get :(

Finally Florentino's Ancelotti plan is bearing fruit. Should rename our arena to Gentlemen Arena.

Bale being crap? Benz (or was it Higuain? :lol) having the talent to become more influential than CR7? Come on bro, you've said some crazy things as well. We all share but also have different views from each other
yours being the most absurd ones
. No need to shit all over each other (a special sport reserved for United fools) because we don't agree.

You've made some very good points I hadn't thought about which changed my perspective but so have PantyPhantom, pulga and other Madrid-GAF members. Discussing, exchange opinions and ideas are what we are for here. Comparing ourselves with each other in how much we claim we love he club or how much better fan you are compared to pulga or me or whatever isn't going to bring us closer to Perez's strip stage.

The only thing all of us can agree on (something even all non-Madrid ppl and Madrid-hating cunts agree on as well) is that Benz is shit.

I've learnt from Milan-GAF that this is just another form of goldtie language. He's coming.

Seriously I'm starting to believe that Sanogo will be the only guy we get :(

The Man Utd fans keep it civil when they disagree with eachother, in the main

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom