• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
It does when the team your facing scores a goal that should never in the laws of football happen, thats our bain and the reason we cant clinch that div 1 title, we go 1-0 down to a goal that is unexplainable and cant break down a 5 man defence with a supporting 3 midfielders.

We played a team earlier who, I kid you not, got the lead and passed the ball around their back 4 and midfield for 70 minutes. We have now blacklisted them, never in 1500 games have I seen a team not want to actually play the game like them.
It's disgraceful, and Pro Evo just don't have the resources or licences to even compete. Fuck EA.

Meier

Ball breaks. Jojo makes something out of nothing. Clichy shoots with his weaker foot from like 50 yards.

I like this Guardian comment on it:

8.12pm BST
38 min: Clichy shoots from outside the area with his right foot. He did not score a goal.

Suen

D:

We're collecting the worlds largest bank of petulant asshats.
He's a cunt, probably the biggest cunt of them all in Atletico. Would have fit perfectly in with the Madrid squad last season (attitude-wise)

The Man Utd fans keep it civil when they disagree with eachother, in the main
Why do I have this feeling that you defend United more than Liverpool?

kidding <3, Utd gaf are good!

dc89

What

Did Hargreaves just say Kompany is the 2nd best CM in the premier league

Hahaha

Hargreaves before said this:

"City have one of the best keepers and centre backs in the league. Kompany and Zabaleta are very consistent."

Kompany 1

That Jovetic(?) guy is really something.

:D

I like this Guardian comment on it:

8.12pm BST
38 min: Clichy shoots from outside the area with his right foot. He did not score a goal.

Yeah that sums it up.

Manager

I do think like scapegoating, but Milner offers nothing in counter attacks and Barry never shows himself when the defense line has the ball. Really ineffective against teams like this. When Barry has it, he never use his body, just lays it to whoever nearest.

dc89

Pep's reaction to that hah! He was dumfounded. I dunno if it was by the effort on goal or JM7 destroying Ribery with the skill.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does...does Negredo not know how to head the ball?

Meier

that's a normal tackle for you guys?
in a friendly??

I didn't see it but when neutrals and/or rivals of your team say it was fine, then it was fine.

8.16pm BST
41 min: Boyata makes a terrific, clean tackle on Ribery, just outside the area, and he's booked for his troubles. In a friendly!

Does...does Negredo not know how to head the ball?

That's one of his strong points.. scored boatloads of goals that way. Sounds like he blew two of em though.. better today than in a few weeks!

Barry offers 140lb of flesh for the opposition to run around. Imagine a 6ft training cone filled with rice, and you've got it.

Milner offers nothing except for meaningless running.

LTWheels

@andywest01: Luis Suarez, Iago Aspas & Diego Costa will never play together. At least one of them will always be suspended. But if they do...ouch.

L1NETT

I haven't seen much of him, but Negredo seems like a similar type of player to Dzeko. Seems decent, but a more like for like replacement for Tevez might have been better.

Eh I dunno.

Wait, Ben Shepherd and Owen? Shittest pundit lineup confirmed.

Suen

I honestly don't know. I want to hate them, believe me :p
I believe you. I think finishing below Spurs and Arsenal has left you damaged but fear not, the laughs to be had from this Wenger transfer fiasco will slowly heal you as we, Arses, will slowly descend to a mid-table position next season.

Negredo showing some strength up front a short while ago! Come on score!!

spidye

Yes

I don't see why it matters if its a friendly or not tbh, I just didn't think it was a foul. He got the ball.

it would be nice if someone can gif it but he swept his feet too. I think he touched his feet first and then the ball. that's a foul in germany
friendlies matter to me because an injury in a preseason game would totally suck

Meier

I haven't seen much of him, but Negredo seems like a similar type of player to Dzeko. Seems decent, but a more like for like replacement for Tevez might have been better.

Jovetic is the Carlitos replacement. Negredo seemed to me like a preemptive Dzeko replacement but it doesn't appear like that is the case.

Boyata is basically playing to avoid getting sold, he must be fired up like he'll.

I think we have no choice but to keep him if we don't sign someone else. Still a wee bit disappointed we sent Rekik out on loan especially given the Nasty injury but at least he's going to get minutes. Did you watch that video of his first game for PSV? He was an absolute monster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom