• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Hargreaves' voice isn't right for commentary, it's monotone, too dull.

Same with Neville.

Hargreaves' voice sounds like mine, with the weird trans-Atlantic thing going on.

Most Mancunians have that nasal, monotone voice, and regardless of what they're actually saying, the voice just doesn't lend itself well to commentary. I've been watching the Ashes and Michael Atherton has the same issue, even though he's the most insightful of the bunch.

I just block it out after a while and I realised that some of the best commentary comes from these sort of people who might initially turn you off because of how they sound, as opposed to the same old tired fools who just splurt out shit banter and 'school boy' insight.

This is why I'm looking forward to Carragher on Sky. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, but I'm sure he will be more insightful than any of the other usual suspects.

Same with Neville.

Hargreaves' voice sounds like mine, with the weird trans-Atlantic thing going on.

Most Mancunians have that nasal, monotone voice, and regardless of what they're actually saying, the voice just doesn't lend itself well to commentary. I've been watching the Ashes and Michael Atherton has the same issue, even though he's the most insightful of the bunch.

I just block it out after a while and I realised that some of the best commentary comes from these sort of people who might initially turn you off because of how they sound, as opposed to the same old tired fools who just splurt out shit banter and 'school boy' insight.

This is why I'm looking forward to Carragher on Sky. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, but I'm sure he will be more insightful than any of the other usual suspects.

Bring back WIlkins. My word, stay on your feet young man.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
BT sport looks less enticing than ESPN's coverage, and thats sayig something

dc89

nintendo_wii_u_sales-crop-article568-large.jpg

QQ

Turok_TTZ

Finally Florentino's Ancelotti plan is bearing fruit. Should rename our arena to Gentlemen Arena.

Bale being crap? Benz (or was it Higuain? :lol) having the talent to become more influential than CR7? Come on bro, you've said some crazy things as well. We all share but also have different views from each other
yours being the most absurd ones
. No need to shit all over each other (a special sport reserved for United fools) because we don't agree.

You've made some very good points I hadn't thought about which changed my perspective but so have PantyPhantom, pulga and other Madrid-GAF members. Discussing, exchange opinions and ideas are what we are for here. Comparing ourselves with each other in how much we claim we love he club or how much better fan you are compared to pulga or me or whatever isn't going to bring us closer to Perez's strip stage.

The only thing all of us can agree on (something even all non-Madrid ppl and Madrid-hating cunts agree on as well) is that Benz is shit.
Apparently I have not made enough good points if you still think Benz is shit. Benzema is not shit. He is perfect for us and is all we need alongside Morata and Jese.
Though now I fear for Jese's future with Bale incoming.
Benzema I know, is under appreciated. Score 20 assist 20 last season and just last game he scored a great goal against PSG. I've been defending benz in more than one forum now. I am very, very tired.

I will take my leave for today.

To me, this doesn't mean anything for Suarez. We were prepared to pay a similar price for McTerry-Ann, weren't we? Relax. Brendan's inner Heel has been awoken. We're building the ultimate team of despicable assholes. Get this done, we'll probably get an LB in seeing as Jack Robinson's gone on loan for the season, then maybe a CB and that's a great window for us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont know what City fans make of Nasri but I cant help but feel he is a disappointment as a player

Salvadora

Seriously.

Suarez won't be sold to Liverpool. Not even if you bid £50m.

I'm surprised at you.

Cesc is a player who doesn't want to leave and the club doesn't want him to either, along with United making non-serious bids. Theres a much bigger chance of Suarez leaving than Cesc. Suarez leaving is still unlikely, mind.

Mr Cola

Looks better to me. They have pretty much everything ESPN had, plus more of some things. More PL games, more Bundesliga/Ligue 1/Serie A, more UFC. Fine by me.

Coverage referring to the way they present the football, not the quantity

sohois

"Liverpool's move for Costa has no bearing on the future of Luis Suarez. Position on that unchanged. No new bids."

From Ben Smith at the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom