• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

jovetic3.ashx

SWAG FOR DAAAAYS!

Jovetic7.ashx

Razor554

Fuck the news. Hope Tito will be alright.

Apart from WC defender we have to get a good coach aswell now, would like to see some former players like Frank de Boer or Laudrup, but they seem unlikely.

Maybe Bielsa?

I would kill to see what Bielsa could do with our team, even for just one season.

Surgical Aplomb ‏@SurgicalAplomb 23 Jan

United would be top were it not for the Premier League communistic television deal.

:lol

loooool

He's right though. If Man Utd were allowed to negotiate their own TV deals like Barca and Madrid they would be way out in front.

GQman2121

Banned
Sad for Tito.

Happy for Villa and Benteke though. They should double their margins if he's able to replicate last season. He's still so young.

Scum

van Bommel match starts in 1 hour btw:

Team Bommel: Waterreus, Van der Wiel, Stam, Bouma, Van Bronckhorst, Van Bommel, Müller, Sneijder, Robben, Zlatan, Ribéry

PSV: Tyton, Willems, Marcelo, Bruma, Brenet, Maher, Hiljemark, Wijnaldum, Depay, Matavz en Bakkali
Red card for van Bommel after 70mins.

Salvadora

I'm really saddened to hear about Vilanova's relapse. He made the right step by stepping away from football. I hope he recovers.

Regarding the Barcelona managerial situation you guys are completely right, there's a dearth of top managers available at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if they appointed a nobody.

They'll still win La Liga, nonetheless.

Suen

Tito to resign. We buy no one.
Welp that comes as a surprise. I mean there had been hints on it before but didn't think it would go through. And we haven't bought any striker so far. Time for Bale, Perez pls.

Arse-GAF, any news on the new bid for Suarez?

Better than Benz? hell no. Better than Higuain, well I will concede that to you.
Soldado like many madrid cantera were never given a chance.
Soldado is class, would say he's better than both Benz and Higuain but it's not exactly a great jump like Higu/Benz -> Cavani/Falcao/Suarez

You're right though, guy was never given a chance. I feel sorry for him, guy seemed to have so much passion to play for Madrid as well :( I do hope we won't do the same mistake with Morata and Jese if we keep them but we probably will anyway.

Suen

I'm really saddened to hear about Vilanova's relapse. He made the right step by stepping away from football. I hope he recovers.

Regarding the Barcelona managerial situation you guys are completely right, there's a dearth of top managers available at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if they appointed a nobody.

They'll still win La Liga, nonetheless.
Salvadora, pls not like this.

pulga

Banned
Benz doesn't exactly strike me as a guy you can learn something from, except maybe where to score an underage hooker. He has cunt written all over him. I'm sure Morata will be fine on his own. I fell in love with him watching him play for Spain's U21.

I fell in love with him after Lego's debacle <3

Turok_TTZ

Well Higuain is better than Benz imo, so we'll never agree on Soldado's ranking in the triumvirate :p

Higuain better? Keep telling yourself that mate. Benzema is above both. Soldado is a big game choker, Benzema is not. Benzema is a small game choker instead, bothersome sure but at least I won't have to worry when it comes to the big games as benz is aces there.

Arnie

Jammy bugger. In a way it's good because we have to go hammer and tongs for Soldado now. The rest of the players in the <25m are no better than Ade.
I find that hard to believe.

Sturridge was £13 million and he's better than that lazy cunt. That's just one example. How much was Michu?

Meier

Michu was a rare case in that he'd only had 1 notable season and had 1 year left on his contract. That being said, Swansea got a helluva deal and it paid off in spades.

jesalr

Daniel Levy, how do you do this to me every year! SIGN A FUCKING STRIKER YOU ABSOLUTE MONSTER!

Why do I always have faith that you can sign a striker given 3 months of time!

Salvadora

Salvadora, pls not like this.

Okay :p

If they get a CB it's in the bag. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of one who could be up to snuff (outside Thiago Silva) and I'm coming up blank. Luckily Alex Song can play there.

Ancelotti is one of my favourite managers, so I hope he does well. Perez can get fucked though.

Turok_TTZ

i find it funny soldado is rated highly here. most places i discuss soldado is that he is an average striker with no real redeeming qualities. I think soldado is a good man.

Nesotenso

lol well he did say he was staying from his car window

This explains the Soldado bid. No way we were going to buy two £20m strikers. Soldado, Ade and JD is enough for me. If we can't get him though we are fucked, there are no good forwards around except him, Higuain and Suarez. If we sign Damiao or Osvaldo I will kill myself.

I think it's best for Benteke, he doesn't want to become another Darren Bent. No need to move after one good season.

I thought Spurs were looking to unload Ade and JD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom