• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@tancredipalmeri
Vilanova's son has just retweeted this tweet: "Tito is not retiring. He will just concentrate on the most important game of his life"

A huge story but the most important one is that of Tito's health. I wish him the best.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jovetic3.ashx

Good luck Weird Al <3

Everytime Yurt hypes me up for a player they end up leaving to some cunt oil club.

Never again, yogurt.

iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Maybe you're on to something hmmmm. Let's try to reverse-yogurt this bitch then:

ZUNIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Juan-Zuniga-120811-HeldByJuveStars-R-300.jpg

Dazzler

Any chance we find out in the next couple days that this Benteke deal has a release clause in it?

I think a lot of clubs don't put legal release clauses in contracts, but more of a "give us one more year and we'll sell you next summer" gentlemen style agreements

Kind of what SAF did with Ronaldo a few years ago

Placates the player and ensures the club get fair compensation for the transfer

Wes

venison crêpe
Any chance we find out in the next couple days that this Benteke deal has a release clause in it?

Probably. I would be surprised if it doesn't.

My bet would be it'll be £25m, the fee we wanted this summer. Which would be a lot better value for money for other clubs if he has a second good year in the premier league.

Not only did Anzhi lose on a last second penalty but now Hiddink is facing a potential six game ban for shoving an official.

Loving this season so far.

Quite happy for Villa. While I won't say I have a soft spot for them, I don't dislike Midlands teams as much as others, plus my Dad supports Villa so I've sat in the Holte End a few times for a few Liverpool matches. Think the last time was the first game of 07/08.

Think it's best for everybody, including Benteke himself, that he stays for at least another year. He's probably got a release clause so if he does have another good season he can move on next year and Villa will likely get a good price for him.

ShogunX

PSG further ruining the transfer market with the signing of Marquinhos. No doubt the lad has all the tools to be a very good footballer but the fee is ludicrous.

Everybody thought Varane was a gamble at &#8364;10m yet this deal is three times that amount for a kid who was part of a shoddy defense last season. We can all carry on being called bitter by the band wagoners but this deal will only fuck up the market for potential.

Remember when Michael Platini invented the financial fair play rule? What a crock of shit.

Not only did Anzhi lose on a last second penalty but now Hiddink is facing a potential six game ban for shoving an official.

Have they made any big signing recently? I know they bought Samba again but anything else?

Razor554

Official:
Tito have to quit coaching FC Barcelona.

-New manager will be appointed next week.
-Barca wont be traveling to Poland for friendly tomorrow.

Have they made any big signing recently? I know they bought Samba again but anything else?

They bought Russian national team captain, Denisov from us for 15 million :(

They also bought Russia's best young striker, Kokorin from Dinamo Moscow for 19 million.

Most people considered them favourites for the league this season.

Meier

PSG further ruining the transfer market with the signing of Marquinhos. No doubt the lad has all the tools to be a very good footballer but the fee is ludicrous.

Everybody thought Varane was a gamble at €10m yet this deal is three times that amount for a kid who was part of a shoddy defense last season. We can all carry on being called bitter by the band wagoners but this deal will only fuck up the market for potential.

Marquinhos' true value was probably around €20m -- he stood out in a big way in a superior league than Varane. PSG definitely paid a ridiculous fee given his lack of experience, but he never would have gone for anywhere near the €10m Varane went for.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^^LOOOOL nice!
3AQmK.gif

They bought Russian national team captain, Denisov from us for 15 million :(

They also bought Russia's best young striker, Kokorin from Dinamo Moscow for 19 million.

Most people considered them favourites for the league this season.

Oh my dear Sviat, you're so fucked.

Juventus full-back Marco Motta could make a move to Zenit St Petersburg, according to reports in the Russian Press.

Izvestia believe that Luciano Spalletti is desperate to sign a defender, and sees the Bianconeri man as an ideal purchase.

The 27-year-old has failed to make an impression for Antonio Conte&#8217;s men, spending the last two seasons on loan at Catania and Bologna.

The Coach previously worked with Motta at both Udinese and Roma, and could be available for as little as &#8364;3m.

Wilbur

Banned
Awful news about Tito. The great Bill Shankly was wrong about one thing; life is more important than football. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Seriously, Bielsa? Is he out of work still?

lol

Have you played yet?

Razor554

"Barcelona's new coach will not be one of the two assistant coaches, but come from outside the club. Barcelona had plan B prepared. [rac1]"

Wonder who the plan B is. Anybody but Mancini, i rather take Benitez

Timurid

Awful news about Tito. The great Bill Shankly was wrong about one thing; life is more important than football. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

Seriously, Bielsa? Is he out of work still?

lol

Have you played yet?

Barca would be fun to watch next year with Bielsa and no defense.

Have you played yet?

Yeah, we won our first game last week 2-1 thanks to an offside goal by Danny. #BasedGazprom.

We're playing away to Rubin Kazan on Sunday and I expect a loss. And not just because we're shit now, Rubin Kazan have always owned us. They're like the Everton to our Man City.

So, if AVB to Barce means Bale leaves, this could mean that EA have to change the Fifa cover, and I can buy it this year!

If they take Messi off the cover too

What do you mean PHEW?

No no no no

YOU'RE GONNA BUY HIM YOU CUNTS

I can already see how this shit happened too. We wanted Sorensen and Juve were willing to sell but Bologna refused. And then Juve were like "Well since you're already here how about uh....Motta?"

Wilbur

Banned
Barca would be fun to watch next year with Bielsa and no defense.

I'd happily watch a more vertical, direct Barca.

Yeah, we won our first game last week 2-1 thanks to an offside goal by Danny. #BasedGazprom.

We're playing away to Rubin Kazan on Sunday and I expect a loss. And not just because we're shit now, Rubin Kazan have always owned us. They're like the Everton to our Man City.

If only you had your Moyeezus

Is Rondon still there? I like him. Chelsea should buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom