• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Porto, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Napoli, Man City, Man United and PSG will all start the season with a new manager.

Messi

I finished Hawkeye.

It was pretty good, its a bit wierd how he always gets saved by his buddy.

Should I pick up the second trade?

On to Saga now.

ShogunX

Marquinhos' true value was probably around €20m -- he stood out in a big way in a superior league than Varane. PSG definitely paid a ridiculous fee given his lack of experience, but he never would have gone for anywhere near the €10m Varane went for.

Even €20m seems high for a 19 year old with only one season under his belt. Valuations seem to be all over the place at the moment and with the old rich teams paying high asking prices it's only going to get worse.

Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Porto, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Napoli, Man City, Man United and PSG will all start the season with a new manager.

Don't forget Everton!

I'm surprised you were willing to list Inturd amongst those other teams.
If only you had your Moyeezus

Is Rondon still there? I like him. Chelsea should buy him.
Yeah Rondon is still there, scored for them yesterday in a Europa League game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the near future though, there are rumours that Rubin are having financial difficulties. I hope the new stadium they open this fall helps them get things back on track.

D_prOdigy

Barca gotta be appointing someone internally. "We will most likely announce the name of the next FC Barcelona manager early next week" makes it sound like, they either have a pretty good idea who it will be/they're just down to a couple of candidates. They wouldn't be so assured if they were in a process of moving for another club's manager, unless they've astonishingly already come to an agreement with another club and it's all been kept quiet as pre-season rolls on.

Blablurn

Online Cup, Semi Final, Fifa 13, Bayern vs Madrid, score is 1:1, 90 minute, benzema shoots, hits the bar, and then from neuer's back into the goal

2,w%3D650,c%3D0.bild.jpeg

ShogunX

They bought Russian national team captain, Denisov from us for 15 million :(

They also bought Russia's best young striker, Kokorin from Dinamo Moscow for 19 million.

Most people considered them favourites for the league this season.

Ahh so they are still splashing a lot of cash. I suppose the one good thing about those transfers is that the money goes back into the Russian league. We should try and sell Suarez to a Russian team.

Salvadora

Finally might be our year to reclaim that all important 5th place and get ourselves back into Europe's premier competition.

If I had to put money on it, I'd imagine Liverpool coming 6th this season. Then with AVB and Bale gone next summer, making a real push for the top four.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If I had to put money on it, I'd imagine Liverpool coming 6th this season. Then with AVB and Bale gone next summer, making a real push for the top four.

Yes and when Wilshire is forced to retire due to injury and Wenger joins PSG, Arsenal will join Spurs in the Championship.

I must admit I'm not that well informed on the different kinds of cancer. Does anyone know something or are there rumors out there whether Tito is just terribly unlucky or if it has something to do with his job?

I'm aware that doing something you love can help you recover but I can't ignore that I instantly thought he should take a break after last year and just generally thinking that such a stressful job can't do too much good. Just to make it clear, I don't blame Tito at all. The Barca job was his chance to become a highly rated manager, maybe one of the highest rated's in the world, but it just got me thinking about it.

I really hope he gets well soon and can take over Barca again.
Or take over BVB when Kloppo leaves and then Tito can show he's the greatest manager ever :D

Salvadora

Yes and when Wilshire is forced to retire due to injury and Wenger joins PSG, Arsenal will join Spurs in the Championship.

Nothing was particularly contentious about it.

Villas-Boas will eventually want a step up, and Bale is pretty much set on his Spanish odyssey. With your well publicised inability to buy a striker, dropping down seems inevitable.

Arnie

All this talk of Barca having a plan B 'prepared' explains where the fuck David O'Leary's been. Motherfuckers been off the grid awaiting instructions.

qindarka

Banned
Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 10h
Got some big Chelsea news for you later - on the record direct from Jose!

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 7h
It's about a certain well known striker

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 3h
Big news on a defender too!

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 32m
9 and 26

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 12m
Wow 3am - poor Nando. Good night

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 2m
At least CLL has taken it like a man

ShogunX

All this talk of Barca having a plan B 'prepared' explains where the fuck David O'Leary's been. Motherfuckers been off the grid awaiting instructions.

Pretty sure he won a couple of million pound lawsuit over getting sacked in the middle easy earlier this year. He's set for life.

deGod

Can't believe barca didn't mention bojans new hair cut in the press conference.

Hope Tito is ok and makes a recovery

Ahh so they are still splashing a lot of cash. I suppose the one good thing about those transfers is that the money goes back into the Russian league. We should try and sell Suarez to a Russian team.

Yeah Anzhi finally realized that the foreigner limit exists so they started buying Russians instead of foreigners.

As for Suarez, the only Russian teams that can afford are Anzhi and Zenit. Anzhi don't need another striker, they have Eto'o, Traore and like I said, just bought Kokorin as well. As for Zenit, I don't think our team likes Suarez very much after he injured Lombaerts and then stomped on Hubocan last season, lol.

Messi

I must admit I'm not that well informed on the different kinds of cancer. Does anyone know something or are there rumors out there whether Tito is just terribly unlucky or if it has something to do with his job?

I'm aware that doing something you love can help you recover but I can't ignore that I instantly thought he should take a break after last year and just generally thinking that such a stressful job can't do too much good. Just to make it clear, I don't blame Tito at all. The Barca job was his chance to become a highly rated manager, maybe one of the highest rated's in the world, but it just got me thinking about it.

I really hope he gets well soon and can take over Barca again.
Or take over BVB when Kloppo leaves and then Tito can show he's the greatest manager ever :D

pep-guardiola-aging.jpg

While I am sure there are many perks to managing at barca. The stress seems to be a huge factor. It was a big part of why pep left. Barca fans have come to expect victory and anything less is a collosal failure. But even when you win its not enough sometimes. Just look at Barca winning the title last year and fans saying its good but we should have won more. As if winning your league title should be the baseline. If that was the case liverpool should pack up shop.

The barca job cant of helped tito's health. It also shows me just how strong Abidal was/is. To fight back from sickness and get back into playing health,

Wilbur

Banned
Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 10h
Got some big Chelsea news for you later - on the record direct from Jose!

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 7h
It's about a certain well known striker

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 3h
Big news on a defender too!

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 32m
9 and 26

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 12m
Wow 3am - poor Nando. Good night

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 2m
At least CLL has taken it like a man

it's like reading arabic

Linius

Man, that was some sexy passing from our boys. Glad to see this game, it's been so long.

And Laudrup would be great. Just a little more Ajax/Barca history. He's a good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom