• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Uncharted has nothing on something like Gears of War in my opinion.

:lol

Nah, I disagree. I have no affiliation to any publisher, console, brand, developer, team. I don't give a shit whether my next console is Sony or Microsoft, whether the next big game is Nintendo or EA. if it's good, it's good.

TLOU has very good gameplay with incredible presentation, soundtrack, voice acting, graphics, art style, and great writing and story. It gets you emotionally. It lets you get to know the characters. It's just a top top top entertainment package all round.

Wilbs dropping the truth.

Hixx

Gears of War 3 is the gen's best multiplayer.

Second is Gears of War 1.

bY5XsDW.gif

Hixx

What's funny is saying "Uncharted has nothing on Gears". Nothing? Really?

You should refute the accusation that your mam wouldn't buy you an Xbox first imo

It's pressing. It cut you to ribbons. You were rinsed. Merked.

Your rep is in tatters.

You are FINISHED, FootballFan. Finished.

FootballFan

For me it'd be the following

• BioShock
  • Uncharted
  • The Walking Dead
  • Portal
  • Flower
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Mass Effect 2 (although I get that this could be a questionable choice)
  • Bastion
  • Arkham Asylum
  • Deus Ex: HR
  • Super Mario Galaxy

Pretty good list. Except Arkham Asylum.

Salvadora

I think the original Mass Effect game is one of my GOTGs. It's a flawed diamond, but it gave me a feeling like none other. It felt like next gen.

I've been too jaded to play any videogames since Mass Effect 3.

kharma45

Pretty good list. Except Arkham Asylum.

I debated putting it in, and then I took it out, but then put it back in. It is the best superhero game since Spiderman 2 and just felt more cohesive than AC, although most people seemed to like AC more.

That's such a cunt thing to say. Really fucking stupid.

Boo hoo.

I think the original Mass Effect game is one of my GOTGs. It's a flawed diamond, but it gave me a feeling like none other. It felt like next gen.

I've been too jaded to play any videogames since Mass Effect 3.

If it didn't have the stupid driving bits it would probably be better than ME2 for me.

Wilbur

Banned
kharma45 said:
  • BioShock absolutely average gameplay but it does look and sound pretty. However after the opening hour it descends into walking into amazing looking place and then having shitty playing shootouts
  • Uncharted first one? Very good but 2 and 3 much better
  • The Walking Dead really good
  • Portal amazing
  • Flower wank
  • Call of Duty 4 good fun but nothing impactful, casual stuff
  • Mass Effect 2 (although I get that this could be a questionable choice) really good but certainly worse gameplay, writing, story, voice acting, and graphics than TLOU
  • Bastion
  • Arkham Asylum great
  • Deus Ex: HR
  • Super Mario Galaxy amazing

dunzo

panty

TLoU is my GOTG. There's been a lot of awesome games this gen and I honestly couldn't give two fucks if it's made by ND or not.

Nothing in terms of story, characters and the way a game makes you feel comes close to TLoU.

Batman: AA is fucking great.

What's funny is saying "Uncharted has nothing on Gears". Nothing? Really?

Gears defined this gen: UE3, cover, drop in/out co-op, the graphics, multiplayer and Horde may not have been something brand new to Gears but I think its success certainly showed games how to do it. It came out and sold very well ("AAA" games got bigger as the gen went on, but it was a massive hit). Without Gears this gen would have been very different.

I've enjoyed every Uncharted, but I ND lacked focus towards the end of the projects in all 3 and were frustrating at points in all of them.

Multiplayer focus increased from 1 -> 3 and 3 is just incredible with the amount of options and what there is to do. For me personally, few games have much on Gears this gen. I did state in my opinion, not as a fact.

Salvadora

IIf it didn't have the stupid driving bits it would probably be better than ME2 for me.

It was a technical mess too, which was infuriating.

ME2 was light on the plot which was very disappointing after the first, but really rich in character. Both are unforgettable games tarnished forever by Bioware.

kharma45

It was a technical mess too, which was infuriating.

ME2 was light on the plot which was very disappointing after the first, but really rich in character. Both are unforgettable games tarnished forever by Bioware.

On 360? Thankfully I experienced it on PC where they'd fixed a lot of the bugs.

I remember having almost no hype for Arkham Asylum but bought it day 1 anyway cos it was a new Batman game, and I fucking love Batman.

Fucking brilliant experience, really captured the essence and feel of BTAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom