• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

I remember having almost no hype for Arkham Asylum but bought it day 1 anyway cos it was a new Batman game, and I fucking love Batman.

Fucking brilliant experience, really captured the essence and feel of BTAS.

Same, I only pre-ordered it as I managed to nab it for £18. It and Dead Space were huge surprises.

Wilbur pls. Both equally as shit in the gameplay department.

-

@Kharma

Wait a minute...where's TW2 and Dark Souls?

Wilbur, pass me a pitchfork.

After playing Demons Souls I have no desire to go near Dark Souls :p As for Witcher 2, again the first one put me off but I still bought it, just not played it yet so that's why it and a few other games are potentially missing there.

Ellie and Joel shit on Lee and Clementine and I have TWD+400DLC and loved that game.

I've bought the DLC but yet to play it. Might try and blast through it on Monday evening.

Fair enough, I just felt Lee and Clem had a tight bond that I bought in to more.

Lunchbox

Banned
Gears defined this gen: UE3, cover, drop in/out co-op, the graphics, multiplayer and Horde may not have been something brand new to Gears but I think its success certainly showed games how to do it. It came out and sold very well ("AAA" games got bigger as the gen went on, but it was a massive hit). Without Gears this gen would have been very different.

I've enjoyed every Uncharted, but I ND lacked focus towards the end of the projects in all 3 and were frustrating at points in all of them.

Multiplayer focus increased from 1 -> 3 and 3 is just incredible with the amount of options and what there is to do. For me personally, few games have much on Gears this gen. I did state in my opinion, not as a fact.

after they added dedicated servers to gears3 it became sex. too bad judgment took a shit on the franchise

top 5 in no order cause i dont time to be a console warrior since i pay more in taxes every week than what it costs to buy all 3 systems-

Mass effect (1+2)
Bioshock infinite
Uncharted (only 2)
Gears (1+3)
Red dead Redemption

honorable - saints row, boderlands, infamous (only 1), Shadow Complex, Journey, COD (only 4)

Salvadora

On 360? Thankfully I experienced it on PC where they'd fixed a lot of the bugs.

Yeah, you were lucky missing it. Load times were unbearable, textures frequently didn't load or were delayed etc.

And yet despite that it's widely loved. Sort of reminds me of the first Dragon Age to a degree, and they both had a similarly shite sequel.

And yet despite that it's widely loved. Sort of reminds me of the first Dragon Age to a degree, and they both had a similarly shite sequel.

Dragon Age 2 made me want to hurt myself, fucking hell it was just such a disappointment. DA1 was pretty bad technically (played it on 360) but I could look past that stuff because I loved it.

The EA acquisition was bad news for Bioware.

Btw, you have an amazing avatar, she is incredible.

To the industries detriment! And I say that despite enjoying Uncharted 2, although not to the degree that most did.

There's always that time after a big successful game where all the mediocre games coming after it for a few years are copying significant ideas from it.

I personally believe Uncharted changed the way voice acting and "acting" is done in games. I believe Infinite and TLoU are a testament to that.

Can't wait for Origins!!!

I don't know what to expect from it, it's been long enough since the last Batman game that I am willing to give it a good look.

..it's a DLC. Pretty much like a new chapter/episode.
The idea is great: five short stories which tie together in the end and there are some great scenarios but it's just not the same. It's a good DLC, don't get me wrong, but there's not enough time to actually bond with the new characters so it just all falls a bit flat in that department. Something the base game did amazingly well.

panty

My somewhat Top 5(6) GOTG list off the top of my head

TLoU
Ass Effect 2 (Fem Shep ftw)
RDR
Batman: AA/AC
TLoU
Uncharted 2
Ni No Kuni

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I actually enjoyed Dead Space and Dragon Age, I don't know why really.
After playing Demons Souls I have no desire to go near Dark Souls :p As for Witcher 2, again the first one put me off but I still bought it, just not played it yet so that's why it and a few other games are potentially missing there.

Dark Souls is WAY easier and better(!) than Demons Souls.

Yeah, TW1 was a fucking turd. The story and ending though are unparalleled.

Salvadora

Dragon Age 2 made me want to hurt myself, fucking hell it was just such a disappointment. DA1 was pretty bad technically (played it on 360) but I could look past that stuff because I loved it.

The EA acquisition was bad news for Bioware.

Btw, you have an amazing avatar, she is incredible.
DA1 was arguably in worse shape than ME1 overall, but it had such potential. It's almost indescribable. It's a special game that makes you overlook significant problems and love it.

I've now been burned twice by Bioware. Fool me once.. and all that.

You're right by the way, Yvonne is incredible :p. Anytime I've thought of changed the avatar (to something Arsenal or Game of Thrones), I just can't bear to!

panty

Oh yeah forgot about GTA IV, MGS4, Darksiders, Catherine.. There's too much games.

ibxD4hdktFEa51.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
Wilbur pls. Both equally as shit in the gameplay department.

agreed, traded that shit in to amazon before it depreciates more in price.

the framerate is puke worthy and the gunplay is pathetic. after i got most of the melee upgrades it basically boiled down to adding a scissor to my bat and running up and hitting square. Also holding L2 the entire game for that slow ass cunt joel to move? wtf

had more fun with uncharted than last of us, thats all matters. ill watch a movie if want a quality story instead of a cliche filled zombie fantasy. i play games for fun, not sudo "emotions" worthy of a low budget uwe bole movie.

DA1 was arguably in worse shape than ME1 overall, but it had such potential. It's almost indescribable. It's a special game that makes you overlook significant problems and love it.

I've now been burned twice by Bioware. Fool me once.. and all that.

You're right by the way, Yvonne is incredible :p. Anytime I've thought of changed the avatar (to something Arsenal or Game of Thrones), I just can't bear to!

I wasn't a huge lover of ME2 and 3, they were good but I thought EAs influence on the series (even though it was denied by Bioware) was clear and obvious, and I'm not a big EA fan.

I think if you changed it to an avatar of Daenerys that would be fine, other wises keep it the same :p

Feorax

It looks like if we're unable to convince Suaez to stay, we're looking to replace him with Soldado. Both us and Spurs willing to pay the release clause according to AS.

I just got a Tomb Raider card on Steam for no reason. Another 8p to add to my bankroll. I'm probably being an idiot by selling these things as soon as I get them. Still, they've paid for a couple of cheap games so I can't complain.

Salvadora

Umm..

The Times are saying United are prepared to spend £100m to sign Bale and Fabregas.
You wouldn't pry Bale free from Levy's grasp with £50m, or even £60m.

They won't sell and he won't go anywhere other than Spain. Woodward is leading your club down the garden path.
I think if you changed it to an avatar of Daenerys that would be fine, other wises keep it the same :p
The short amount of time when it wasn't Yvonne, it was Daenerys!

Portal 2 is the only game I can think of right now that legitimately made me laugh, and is probably my favourite this gen. Haven't played TLoU yet though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Finally purchasing a PC that can play games! I'm so excited!

What took you so long baby!

DarkSide2.png

agreed, traded that shit in to amazon before it depreciates more in price.

the framerate is puke worthy and the gunplay is pathetic. after i got most of the melee upgrades it basically boiled down to adding a scissor to my bat and running up and hitting square. Also holding L2 the entire game for that slow ass cunt joel to move? wtf

had more fun with uncharted than last of us, thats all matters. ill watch a movie if want a quality story instead of a cliche filled zombie fantasy. i play games for fun, not sudo "emotions" worthy of a low budget uwe bole movie.

Well..

He's right.

Salvadora

I think it would portray Cesc in a very bad light to leave Barcelona in the current climate, too. He may not care, but I think he would. Jumping ship when your managers just left because of a serious illness is bad form.

Lunchbox

Banned
Nothing in terms of story, characters and the way a game makes you feel comes close to TLoU.

did you tear up during twilight too? get a grip

omg that bitch got drilled, so heart wrenching. I was asking why didnt they let me control the gun, i wouldve shot her in the head instead of the gut, wouldve nailed her daddy too if i had the shoot through the wall perk

what? the bums you mow down during the 14 hour story dont have family? only you do? like brad pitt said in fight club youre no special snowflake buddy

Yeah the Fallout games, TES and Metro 2033 (not played LL) are all extremely flawed but great all the same.
Yeah it appears so that I've got a thing for janky games. The TES and Fallout games get much and much better when you mod them. Played both F3 and Oblivion on the Xbox but I just bought F3 on PC so I can replay it with some nice mods added. I played NV on my old PC so I can't wait to spice it up with mods, something I could do for a little bit on my old PC but nothing fancy. Still got 74 hours out of that though. Oblivion left me with a sour taste though, just didn't do anything for me and I haven't even tried Skyrim yet. Still waiting for it to drop in price.

Still, combined those three games netted me about 250 hours. Not too shabby.

panty

did you tear up during twilight too? get a grip

omg that bitch got drilled, so heart wrenching. I was asking why didnt they let me control the gun, i wouldve shot her in the head instead of the gut, wouldve nailed her daddy too if i had the shoot through the wall perk

what? the bums you mow down during the 14 hour story dont have family? only you do? like brad pitt said in fight club youre no special snowflake buddy

Who the fuck watches crap like Twilight? Get bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom