• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miccoli presented at Lecce with style.

UIwjvV3.jpg

We never treat each other badly at the real Believe FC. #Gentlemen

That's why you never win anything, you think all these Champions League clubs won anything by being nice?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's only pre season but I was pretty impresses with that performance. Some very nice one touch football around the 18 yard box created some goals for us.

Welbeck and Lingard impressed and Zaha was pretty good. Januzaj looks to the manor born whenever he steps on the pitch. Created two goal scoring opportunities and should have scored one himself. Pls sign that new contract, Adnan. Pls.

I keep hearing about Adnan and Juventus and this is the first time ive ever seen him play (both pre-season games), whats the actual situation? Is he not signing a new contract? I cannot believe we would consider letting him go, the guys the brightest talent ive seen in years at United.

I actually think he got bigger over the summer break. He'll get there. Will probably take a year.
He's definitely got bigger. He grew taller last season too, by a couple of inches at least.

I don't think he should go for some stacked physique though. His game is all based on balance.

Lingard ain't gonna make it bros.

Zaha looked so bad in front of goal, needs a lot of work on that part of his game it seems. Not surprised at all he hardly scored for Palace last season.

I have my doubts about Lingard. Anyone who watches the reserves will have their doubts. Still, I think he can potentially be a squad player.

Clegg

I keep hearing about Adnan and Juventus and this is the first time ive ever seen him play (both pre-season games), whats the actual situation? Is he not signing a new contract? I cannot believe we would consider letting him go, the guys the brightest talent ive seen in years at United.

He only has a year left on his contract and Barca and Juve are allegedly interested.

We're all just a bit paranoid because we lost our brightest youth prospect, Pogba, last season.

GorillaJu

Woodward better have come back to England to sort Adnan's contract out.

Expect the top clubs to be circling.

Based on a pre-season game against opposition that poor? Scouts of top clubs will have been aware of Januzaj for years. It's not like they've been waiting for Wiziwig to stream a game against Australian All Stars so they can finally see what the hype is about :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He only has a year left on his contract and Barca and Juve are allegedly interested.

We're all just a bit paranoid because we lost our brightest youth prospect, Pogba, last season.

Well playing both games is a sign of intent, its obvious someone has been in Moyes ear about him and with his controlled performances he has impressed immensely.

I have my doubts about Lingard. Anyone who watches the reserves will have their doubts. Still, I think he can potentially be a squad player.
Technique is too inconsistent IMO. For a wide player who doesn't have pace he needs to have very tight control over the ball, just don't think he does tbh. Might be wrong as Tim says he might be better when playing alongside better players but personally id put Larnell Cole above him from the u21 team.

Btw did you hear about the new format for the u21s this year? One league throughout the year, everyone plays everyone once, home or away. Should be good. We start at Arsenal then Liverpool. Gotta defend dat title.

K1LLER7

---------- De Gea --------

Rafa - Rio - Vidic - Evra

----- Carrick - Cesc -------

Zaha --- Kagawa --- Januzaj

------------ RVP ----------------

Title: #21

Well playing both games is a sign of intent, its obvious someone has been in Moyes ear about him and with his controlled performances he has impressed immensely.

Fergie. Fergie would attend reserve games, and he would always mention Januzaj or Powell. He also brought him to train with the senior team for the last week of the PL and he would have played in the last game if the defense didn't fuck up that 3 goal lead.

K1LLER7

Based on a pre-season game against opposition that poor? Scouts of top clubs will have been aware of Januzaj for years. It's not like they've been waiting for Wiziwig to stream a game against Australian All Stars so they can finally see what the hype is about :p

:lol

I know they would've been following him for a while, but this is their best opportunity to turn his head and get him.

I remember his agent saying Adnan was happy Fergie was getting him involved with the first team towards the end of last season. They planned to start talks over a new contract this summer, but since then Fergie's left, so those planned talks may have changed.

Lingard ain't gonna make it bros.

Zaha looked so bad in front of goal, needs a lot of work on that part of his game it seems. Not surprised at all he hardly scored for Palace last season.

He reminds me of a young Clevdog on tour, except better. (At the very least, he should take Young's rotation spot in a couple of years.) I also think Moyes' tactics will suit players like him and Adnan and Shinji obviously; all of them cut inside like Pienaar and allow the fullbacks to overlap. Our pressing was good today as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it's a good move for Reina. He's lost his edge in the last few years, now he gets to compete for the Scudetto/play in the CL, work with coaches he knows well and at the end he can move to Barca.

Real Madrid won 9 CLs and they are a real gentlemen club, so yes, you can win being nice.

The trophies will come, we are making new signings.

Other than that Beastie Boys video one that managed to get on Guardians site as "news" and +5tb of data on abload until they took it down, I don't really see mine many places. But the one about fucking donkeys in Colombia? FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

I wish minus still showed you views.

Tegris

I think it's a good move for Reina. He's lost his edge in the last few years, now he gets to compete for the Scudetto/play in the CL, work with coaches he knows well and at the end he can move to Barca.

Yeah, it would be a good move for him. It's understandable that he wants regular time on the pitch given its a World Cup year, and we'd hopefully save a reasonable amount on wages. But letting him go leaves us in the lurch a bit because we're stuck with the woeful Brad Jones as our backup again.

He reminds me of a young Clevdog on tour, except better. (At the very least, he should take Young's rotation spot in a couple of years.) I also think Moyes' tactics will suit players like him and Adnan and Shinji obviously; all of them cut inside like Pienaar and allow the fullbacks to overlap. Our pressing was good today as well.

Yeah you may well be right about that. Nonetheless I don't think he is ready for the first team yet. He's already 20. Perhaps a loan for this season...but I then I don't know if we could get him a loan that would really benefit him. I just have a feeling he will fall short.

They just asked Robin about Cesc. This was his response.

Robin-Van-Persie.jpg

FootballFan

Other than that Beastie Boys video one that managed to get on Guardians site as "news" and +5tb of data on abload until they took it down, I don't really see mine many places. But the one about fucking donkeys in Colombia? FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

I wish minus still showed you views.

Quoted the wrong post.

I remember the Beastie Boys one, haha so good.

What Donkey one? :S

Feorax

Yeah, it would be a good move for him. It's understandable that he wants regular time on the pitch given its a World Cup year, and we'd hopefully save a reasonable amount on wages. But letting him go leaves us in the lurch a bit because we're stuck with the woeful Brad Jones as our backup again.

I think we might possibly go for another keeper. Ochoa or McCarthy from Reading could be great backups.

Looks like Danny Ward will be covering in the meantime.

Mr Cola

PCFifa bros we playing now! Im going any, it cant not work

K1LLER7

RVP when asked if he'd like Fabregas to join Man Utd: "Of course, he's a great player." Have you spoken to him: "No."

Well maybe you should give him a call Robin :p

^ Great build up for those goals.

confuziz

Banned
If anyone wants to see a summary of the team van bommel vs PSV game (including a few brilliant Ibra shots and Robben/Kuyt and Van Bommel scoring goals, it's right here

I assume this can be watched in any country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom