• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

yella

Long time fellas. Don't have a PC right now, so I haven't been able to post much.

Can I get a link to the FootyGAF Fantasy Football League?

jCfPSTcH2t74D.jpg

Blablurn

Lol. Sure. Pacific Rim isn't John Carter. We can't bomb like JC.

Pacific Rim is weird. I left really disappointed, despite some "Fuck yeah" moments in the latter half, but the longer I let the movie sink in, the more I want to watch it again. It would be a lot better if I could just pay half and watch the second half only.

Edit:
It's also weird that the "Today we are cancelling the Apocalypse" line in the movie was different than in the trailer. "Heute stoppen wir die Apokalypse" (from the German trailer) became "Heute findet keine Apokalypse statt".

The middle part was really a lil strange. They should have added at least one fight in there. And yeah, the German voices were terrrrrribad.

"I know Ivanovic is very comfortable in the centre but I see him and Cesar Azpilicueta as our two right backs. Our defensive group will be good."

"For me, Luiz is a central defender. I think he has an important quality for the football we want to play, which is to build. He's comfortable using the ball from the back.

In this aspect, he's very important and different from the other central defenders. He can improve, everybody can. From a defensive point of view, he can be much more effective, much more solid. But, for me, the potential is incredible, amazing. He has to play always."

Inturerastiation

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 18m
Confirmed #LFC team v Indonesia XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Alberto, Downing, Coutinho, Aspas.

subs v Indonesia XI: Jones, Assaidi, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Skrtel, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Ibe.

Is this the beginning to the block of friendlies where both teams make endless substitutions?

GorillaJu

These guys beat Moyes' United 1-0 so I expect them to be really tough opposition who will score at least a few on us. Hope we're prepared.

Cou on the left. Feorax on suicide watch.

Ha, was about to mention that

It always astonishes me to see how resectpful the players are to their opponents in preseason games. Kind of a shame they don't carry that into the competitive games, although I understand that they need to start looking for every advantage when the season begins in earnest

GorillaJu

I wasn't joking. Who was it that you played? Was it Malaysia?

Oh wait, Singapore. Now I remember.

Damn this crowd is insane. What a country!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bernard is going to Porto, everybody should accept that right now before they go full muppet. It's a well trodden path from Brazil to Portugal and signings players like him is how Porto make their money. Buy for £12m, sell for £40m.

Ha, was about to mention that

It always astonishes me to see how resectpful the players are to their opponents in preseason games.

I remember Lennon diving in a pre-season game a couple of years ago at WHL. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom