• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't joking. Who was it that you played? Was it Malaysia?

Oh wait, Singapore. Now I remember.

Damn this crowd is insane. What a country!

Singha Thailand All Stars

Woot woot. Goal!!!! DA COUT!! Can't Stop Liverpool United!

jbwCSWX3RjvZgu.jpg

GorillaJu

Mixing up nationalities isn't racist.

lol I went through like every southeast Asian country and still didn't get it right. It was Thailand? Jesus.

Well that didn't take long.

Is Suarez playing?

Extra break for the Confederations Cup, should be back for the next game

That Sturridge story must be bollocks. Even if it was 4 months from the injury occuring, that'd leave us striker-less for the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. In that case, we need to bring someone in

Clegg

@howardnurse

David Moyes on transfer situation: "I have no more updates so I couldn't give you anything positive or negative."

Hurry up, Woody.

Deliver us Cesc.

Extra break for the Confederations Cup, should be back for the next game

That Sturridge story must be bollocks. Even if it was 4 months from the injury occuring, that'd leave us striker-less for the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. In that case, we need to bring someone in

What's the Sturridge story?

@howardnurse

David Moyes on transfer situation: "I have no more updates so I couldn't give you anything positive or negative."

Hurry up, Woody.

Deliver us Cesc.

Mark ‏@29May1968 3m
@BeautifullyRed His plane is circling Barcelona airport like Jon McClane's wife's one in Die Hard 2. If the bid gets accepted, he can land.

Does anyone else find it weird that Barca have so easily bent over for Valdes?

'Fuck you guys I'm off. Oh, nobody wants me. I'm still first-choice? Awesome!'

fuenf

Please make sure to tell us how you feel about the ending

Just finished MGS3. Imo, it finished pretty strongly and I can see where the hype was coming from. Nowadays it isnt THAT impressive but still a solid 8 of 10. I think I would've liked it more without the super-natural stuff, I vastly prefer the pseudo-science appraoch of MGS 4 to it.

Does anyone else find it weird that Barca have so easily bent over for Valdes?

'Fuck you guys I'm off. Oh, nobody wants me. I'm still first-choice? Awesome!'

He said he was going to stay for this season and then leave following that. It gives Barca a year to find their next keeper. They're happy for him to run his contract down.

GorillaJu

Just finished MGS3. Imo, it finished pretty strongly and I can see where the hype was coming from. Nowadays it isnt THAT impressive but still a solid 8 of 10. I think I would've liked it more without the super-natural stuff, I vastly prefer the pseudo-science appraoch of MGS 4 to it.

MGS3 is so amazing. I love how you can kill the Fear by letting your food in your inventory rot, then leaving it on the ground for him to eat, then shooting him when he vomits up rotten food.

The gameplay conventions are what make MGS3 great, to me. The story is also easier to follow than 2 or 4. MGS2 is definitely my favorite of the series, though.

Clegg

He said he was going to stay for this season and then leave following that. It gives Barca a year to find their next keeper. They're happy for him to run his contract down.

DDG?

We need to offer him a new contract before the Barca tapping up begins.

MGS3 is so amazing. I love how you can kill the Fear by letting your food in your inventory rot, then leaving it on the ground for him to eat, then shooting him when he vomits up rotten food.

The gameplay conventions are what make MGS3 great, to me. The story is also easier to follow than 2 or 4. MGS2 is definitely my favorite of the series, though.

When you think about it, its really weird how attached people were to Solid Snake when MGS2 came out, and how negatively people reacted when they found out about Raiden. He'd only been in one really popular game (unless I'm underrating the popularity of the first 2 Metal Gears)

edit: Ball is bouncing like a motherfucker

Wilbur

Banned
Good goals in the game today. Nice to see us get a few and to see the rise of Zahallah and Adnan continue.

Pacific Rim was awesome. So entertaining. Hong Kong fight gives me the dick tremors

fuenf

Lol sounds amazing, I just rushed through it for the story and didnt experience many of the finer gameplay details. The graphics of the HD version were surprisingly great too. Storywise I prefer 4, but I dont have any problem with complicated storylines. I just feel that overall the MGS4 storyline was a little more coherent than 3.

Is Peace Walker HD any good?

GorillaJu

Lol sounds amazing, I just rushed through it for the story and didnt experience many of the finer gameplay details. The graphics of the HD version were surprisingly great too. Storywise I prefer 4, but I dont have any problem with complicated storylines. I just feel that overall the MGS4 storyline was a little more coherent than 3.

Is Peace Walker HD any good?

Peace Walker is a good game, but it feels very spin-offy, and the story definitely feels compressed and not as ambitious. It's a good game in its own right but doesn't stand out as an MGS game.

Clegg

I love how there are three different ways to kill The End.

There's the straightforward boss fight and two more vague approaches. There is the cutscene where he's first introduced. He gets wheeled out by his attendant who then leaves his post for a few seconds. You have a 5 second opportunity to then snipe him from your position in the water.

Then there is my favourite way. You enter the massive jungle area that is the zone for the boss fight. Just when the fight starts you save your game then quit to the Playstation home screen. Then you set the PS2 internal clock forward by one week and restart MGS 3. As soon as the game starts you are greeted to a cutscene of Snake finding a dead The End in his sniping point. The dude was so old that he died waiting waiting for Snake after you set the clock forward by a week.

GorillaJu

How's Aspas and Alberto? Not able to watch today.

Aspas has been good whenever he's had the ball, Alberto not sure. Was about to say he's been disappointing, but he just put in a great maneuver (1-2 with Aspas), wrongfooted the defender then hit the crossbar ;_;

GorillaJu

I love how there are three different ways to kill The End.

There's the straightforward boss fight and two more vague approaches. There is the cutscene where he's first introduced. He gets wheeled out by his attendant who then leaves his post for a few seconds. You have a 5 second opportunity to then snipe him from your position in the water.

Then there is my favourite way. You enter the massive jungle area that is the zone for the boss fight. Just when the fight starts you save your game then quit to the Playstation home screen. Then you set the PS2 internal clock forward by one week and restart MGS 3. As soon as the game starts you are greeted to a cutscene of Snake finding a dead The End in his sniping point. The dude was so old that he died waiting waiting for Snake after you set the clock forward by a week.

Yeah, this stuff is what makes Kojima games so good. The care and attention to detail is there to be appreciated, and most of the really intelligent "story" stuff isn't in the codecs or cutscenes, it's in the settings and gameplay, the way it mirrors previously released games and plays with conventions you thouught you learned. I could go on forever just about Act 4 of MGS4.

LTWheels

Aspas has been good whenever he's had the ball, Alberto not sure. Was about to say he's been disappointing, but he just put in a great maneuver (1-2 with Aspas), wrongfooted the defender then hit the crossbar ;_;

I take it Adpas is playing up front. Is Coutinho centre and Alberto left or the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom