• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Morsel.

Explain please.

BPjfgzJCIAEn-6v.jpg:large

I take no responsibility for this.

I take it Adpas is playing up front. Is Coutinho centre and Alberto left or the other way around?

Cou and Alberto have been swapping amongst each other who is on the left and who is in the center. Aspas is the lone forward, yes.

I love how there are three different ways to kill The End.

There's the straightforward boss fight and two more vague approaches. There is the cutscene where he's first introduced. He gets wheeled out by his attendant who then leaves his post for a few seconds. You have a 5 second opportunity to then snipe him from your position in the water.

Then there is my favourite way. You enter the massive jungle area that is the zone for the boss fight. Just when the fight starts you save your game then quit to the Playstation home screen. Then you set the PS2 internal clock forward by one week and restart MGS 3. As soon as the game starts you are greeted to a cutscene of Snake finding a dead The End in his sniping point. The dude was so old that he died waiting waiting for Snake after you set the clock forward by a week.

Did you shoot his parrot?

Took me hours to manage to stealth him successfully and hold him up for his camo and gun. Might buy it tonight, its on offer on PSN and I never finished it

Gonna see if there's a good youtube video that shows all of the depth of the options in that game. Still don't think its been surpassed for things like that, not enough linear games allow the player to experiment properly. Dishonored gave you a lot of options, although I think it made it a bit too easy to abuse the teleport ability, and it didn;t have the meta-stuff like using your own equipment to make an enemy ill or changing the clock

Clegg

Took me hours to manage to stealth him successfully and hold him up for his camo and gun. Might buy it tonight, its on offer on PSN and I never finished it

Gonna see if there's a good youtube video that shows all of the depth of the options in that game. Still don't think its been surpassed for things like that, not enough linear games allow the player to experiment properly. Dishonored gave you a lot of options, although I think it made it a bit too easy to abuse the teleport ability, and it didn;t have the meta-stuff like using your own equipment to make an enemy ill or changing the clock

Never managed to get the parrot.

Got his camo and gun tho. Loved that boss battle so much too. Using the microphone to pick up his intermittent snoring and pinpoint his position was a great touch.

GorillaJu

Every MGS game has had 4th wall breaking stuff that is uses such rudimentary concepts but still comes off as a mind-blowing experience. MGS1 Psycho Mantis, MGS2 Campbell going crazy, MGS3 clock changing, MGS4 ... I'm not sure. I guess shaking Rosemary's boobs with the Sixaxis? Lol

Whenever Downing has time to set the ball and look at his options, he makes a complete balls-up of the cross. When he just puts his head down and throws it into the box, its more threatening

GorillaJu

It's gonna be really funny if Barca came out saying over and over that Cesc isn't for sale, then he ends up being sold. They could be already resigned to losing him but are trying to get the highest fee possible, like when we sold Torres to Chelsea.

It's gonna be really funny if Barca came out saying over and over that Cesc isn't for sale, then he ends up being sold. They could be already resigned to losing him but are trying to get the highest fee possible, like when we sold Torres to Chelsea.
It'll break my heart if he joins Utd :'(

The only way they would even consider selling him is if we make a massive bid.

30m + add ons (probably Bebe and Macheda) ain't gonna cut it.

GorillaJu

The only way they would even consider selling him is if we make a massive bid.

30m + add ons (probably Bebe and Macheda) ain't gonna cut it.

That's what I'm sayin. They may be saying to each other, if these guys come in with a huge bid, we can't say no. Given that all the reports from England have been to the tune of "They need the money"

LTWheels

I'm really curious to see Aspas on the left/right with Sturridge up front. Would like to see his interplay with other strikers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just finished watching the pilot of Justified.

Is there a story or is it going to be about Timothy 'drawing first' on gangster-of-the-week?

Just finished watching the pilot of Justified.

Is there a story or is it going to be about Timothy 'drawing first' on gangster-of-the-week?

First 4 episodes or so are 'case of the week' (4th episode is shit iirc)

Then it becomes a mix for the rest of the season, and has a storyline running under it. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 dispense with the seperate cases and become focussed on a clear storyline in each season.

Its utterly brilliant

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
A rebid for Fab implies there is grounds to move the bid up, it cant just be speculative at this point too much has happened and we would look right fools for increasing a bid on a player we have no chance of getting.

Im thinking about this transfer and ive changed my position somewhat, I thought at 25m (or was it 26?) that we were lowballing to get the best deal, and I was dissapointed in this, I thought a swift and sound 40-45 would get him (presuming he is actually available). My mind is changing somewhat now with this new bid, I think if we showed our hand at 40-45 Barca would still stall because its percieved as the beginning of the negotiation, and you cant exactly remove 5 and offer 35 after your initial offer. Could be potentially very shrewd of us, we know the number they will accept and are doing the dance with Barca till we get there together.

Or, as occams razor would suggest, we are fucking idiots

Clegg

lol. Were not getting him.

TBF we wouldn't be making a second bid if we didn't think we had a chance of signing him. We must be receiving encouragement from someone connected with FCB. And that someone is probably Cesc's agent.

It's harder to say whether or not we'll make a big enough offer to tempt Barca to sell though. And Arsenal have the right to first refusal on Cesc but that only matters if Cesc specifically wants to return to London.

K1LLER7

Why are we even trying for Fabregas if he doesn't want to move.

United must be encouraged by something if they're willing to bid 30m+.

^ So you think Arsenal would match the bid?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
TBF we wouldn't be making a second bid if we didn't think we had a chance of signing him. We must be receiving encouragement from someone connected with FCB. And that someone is probably Cesc's agent.

It's harder to say whether or not we'll make a big enough offer to tempt Barca to sell though. And Arsenal have the right to first refusal on Cesc but that only matters if Cesc specifically wants to return to London.

Its kind of a domino effect, Cesc wants to stay if he is wanted, Barca are telling him (one presumes at the price) they arent selling him, so Cesc is in effect available IF Barca can be persuaded, but obviously he is not available at the current price. So really Cesc both is and isnt wanting a transfer depending on whether we can bid the right price.

Fascinating in a rather stupid way.

Mr Cola

Would Arsenal have to match the bid united put up to get him? This whole first refusal thing confuses me to an extent, does it mean if Barca are willing to sell him Arsenal have to meet a price Barca sets? Or would they have to meet the price another club is willing to pay? I suppose both could equal the same amount.

Wilbur

Banned
Only reason we're making a second bid - or a bid at all - is that Fabregas is definitely receptive to a move; it doesn't work like FM does, all clubs will speak to agents first. I don't think Barcelona necessarily need to sell despite their 'money woes'; they're Barca. They can do what they want.

If we come back with a bid for 35m and they don't accept it... then I dunno. Realistically it isn't my money and I shouldn't give a fuck what we bid, but something would rankle with me if we were spending near 50m on him or something.

K1LLER7

Would Arsenal have to match the bid united put up to get him? This whole first refusal thing confuses me to an extent, does it mean if Barca are willing to sell him Arsenal have to meet a price Barca sets? Or would they have to meet the price another club is willing to pay?
Think they have to match Uniteds.

United new bid is £30m.

With the add ons, in euros that could get close to €40m. Would Barca refuse that?

Clegg

I don't know tbh. Depends on how much money they have to spend. Right now they're in greater need of a striker and a defender now that Vermaelen is out for 4 months.

Cesc would cost somewhere in the region of £35-45m imo. I don't think Arsenal would have enough to get him and Suarez/Higuain/whoever they need.

Of course, Cesc was a very important player to that club so they might forget about signing a striker and go for Fab instead. That leaves them with the same problem as they had last season though. No dependable goal scorer.

Only reason we're making a second bid - or a bid at all - is that Fabregas is definitely receptive to a move; it doesn't work like FM does, all clubs will speak to agents first. I don't think Barcelona necessarily need to sell despite their 'money woes'; they're Barca. They can do what they want.

If we come back with a bid for 35m and they don't accept it... then I dunno. Realistically it isn't my money and I shouldn't give a fuck what we bid, but something would rankle with me if we were spending near 50m on him or something.

I'd be quite ok with us getting him for around £40 million. He's worth it. Above £40 million and I'm starting to wince a little.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Didn't Arse beat this team, by a large margin?

Who gives a crap, these Asian teams are worse than the average League 2 side, the result is totally meaningless. It's a fitness exercise, nothing more. The opposition offers zero resistance.

Kikarian

I think Cesc is willing to go, but Barca don't want him to, thus us not getting him. If Barca didn't lose Thiago, I would think that we may actually get Cesc. But theres a slim chance now, with Thiago gone.

Mr Cola

Normally id agree 50m for Fab is rediculous, but under the current circumstances, not JUST because we need a midfielder of his quality but because its a new manager, because its somewhat imperative a statement is made about the clubs intentions, and his, I think overpaying isnt the end of the world. There are other factors here other than his use to the team.

And also if he stays with us to the end of his career and performs as well as he can im sure he will prove a bargain in the long run.

K1LLER7

I don't know tbh. Depends on how much money they have to spend. Right now they're in greater need of a striker and a defender now that Vermaelen is out for 4 months.

Cesc would cost somewhere in the region of £35-45m imo. I don't think Arsenal would have enough to get him and Suarez/Higuain/whoever they need.

Of course, Cesc was a very important player to that club so they might forget about signing a striker and go for Fab instead. That leaves them with the same problem as they had last season though. No dependable goal scorer.
True. Would be amazing to have him link up with RVP at United but I doubt it'll happen.

Think Barca are making a profit on him if they decide to sell. I'd value him between £30-40m.

Kikarian

I'd love to get Cesc for the fact of Arsenal fans having a meltdown. It will be better than RAWK.

...and also I'd like to have him because he's a world class CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom