• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Cliche warning*

Every player has his price.

I would assume £30m + add-ons isn't close to the price it'll take to get Fabregas.

Less than a month until the season starts now. United should stop messing about. If they really want him bid £40m up front, see what Barca say. We'll know soon enough if there's any chance of getting him or not.

Imagine....

De Goat
Rafa, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Carrick, Fabregas
Januzaj, Rooney, Kagawa
RVP

Woodward please.
#WheresWoodward
Why is that fat mess in your team?

Salvadora

Only reason we're making a second bid - or a bid at all - is that Fabregas is definitely receptive to a move; it doesn't work like FM does, all clubs will speak to agents first. I don't think Barcelona necessarily need to sell despite their 'money woes'; they're Barca. They can do what they want.

If we come back with a bid for 35m and they don't accept it... then I dunno. Realistically it isn't my money and I shouldn't give a fuck what we bid, but something would rankle with me if we were spending near 50m on him or something.

wat.

Lots of clubs bid on players who have no interest in leaving their respective clubs.

Unlucky Borini.

Movement to get there was incredible, shame he didn't actually kick the ball.

wat.

Lots of clubs bid on players who have no interest in leaving their respective clubs.
Impossible to prove of course, but highly doubt that is the case.

Why would any club waste time going through a bidding process without a hint from the player. Makes no sense and everybody knows players are approached way ahead of time these days.

Wilbur

Banned
wat.

I don't really think that happens much. When do you hear of bids being accepted and then players turning clubs down? I can't think of any. Transfers don't work like that anymore, club to club communication. Everything goes through agents during preliminary stages. I don't think we'd have pushed forward with an offer if Cesc wasn't interested.

Salvadora

Impossible to prove of course, but highly doubt that is the case.

Why would any club waste time going through a bidding process without a hint from the player. Makes no sense and everybody knows players are approached way ahead of time these days.
We live in an era of oil clubs. Remember the Messi bid, for example?

I wouldn't be so sure.

We live in an era of oil clubs. Remember the Messi bid, for example?

I wouldn't be so sure.

Pretty unusual example to cite.

I really can't see any logic as to why a club would bid for a player if they hadn't spoken to him or his agent.

Not to say Cesc really wants to come. They may have asked him and he simply said, if Barca want to sell, fine. He may well be telling Barca something else...using it for his own gain, maybe a new contract. All possibilities. Just don't think United would bid for a player, so much money and so publicly, if they didn't have any positive response from the player.

GorillaJu

Pretty unusual example to cite.

I really can't see any logic as to why a club would bid for a player if they hadn't spoken to him or his agent.

Not to say Cesc really wants to come. They may have asked him and he simply said, if Barca want to sell, fine. He may well be telling Barca something else...using it for his own gain, maybe a new contract. All possibilities. Just don't think United would bid for a player, so much money and so publicly, if they didn't have any positive response from the player.

Well, just last year City put in a few bids for Agger, but he never had any intention to leave and resisted the move every time. I would say that it happens.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course it mostly goes through agents. Look at these two scenarios:

Club A wants Player A. They speak to Player A's agent, who informs Club A that his client would be receptive to a move. Then either Club A make a bid they deem acceptable, or agent of Player A return to Club B and enquires as to whether he's available and if so, for what price. A dialogue between the two clubs then opens depending on Club B's response.

or

Club A wants Player A. They make a bid they deem acceptable to Club B, who decide whether to accept it or not. Only then does Player A find out in the interest from Club A.

One is clearly a better way of bidding for players, because what would be the point of going for a player you aren't sure doesn't want to join you?

Well, just last year City put in a few bids for Agger, but he never had any intention to leave and resisted the move every time. I would say that it happens.

Not saying it never happens.

Just don't that's the case here or in most cases. As I said before, you can't prove it but I would be very surprised if we bid so openly on blind hope.

Is Ibe a winger or what? Playing centrally, thought he was a wide player.

GorillaJu

Sterling is a fast little dude.

Not saying it never happens.

Just don't that's the case here. As I said before, you can't prove it but I would be very surprised if we bid so openly on blind hope.

Is Ibe a winger or what? Playing centrally, thought he was a wide player.

He's a winger. I think he's just moving into the center with Assaidi going wide a bit and then alternating.

Edit: what did Skrtel do to piss off that defender?

GorillaJu

I don't think Torres had been contacted by Chelsea. I imagine they just bid knowing that he'd push for a move if it was high enough. It was after Chelsea bid that he put in the transfer request.

Nice little goal. Sterling and Ibe.

Wilbur

Banned
Good breakaway. Ibe is rapid

Holy smokes. Ibe is rapid.

wot u fink u r doin m8

god i need to see your FPL team again and decide whether mine is good enough.

I don't think Torres had been contacted by Chelsea. I imagine they just bid knowing that he'd push for a move if it was high enough. It was after Chelsea bid that he put in the transfer request.

Nice little goal. Sterling and Ibe.

Chelsea work in a different dimension to every other club :lol

Young, Kagawa and Smalling joining up with the squad in Japan.

Younger players going to have less chances now I would have thought.

Not sure what the deal with Nani and Valencia is. Nani still learning how to breathe with his new nose I guess. Valencia must have some kind of injury...

K1LLER7

*Cliche warning*

Every player has his price.

I would assume £30m + add-ons isn't close to the price it'll take to get Fabregas.

Less than a month until the season starts now. United should stop messing about. If they really want him bid £40m up front, see what Barca say. We'll know soon enough if there's any chance of getting him or not.

Why is that fat mess in your team?

They'll be making a £10m profit on him if they decide to sell (including the add-ons). I'm sure they'll be tempted but can't see him moving this season.

No Bebe or Zaha?
Zaha in place of Rooney, Kagawa in the middle. #21

Clegg

Always the chance that Cesc is just using United to leverage better terms for himself at Barca.

But fuck that line of thought.

Fabregas will be a #MoyesBoy.

Wilbur

Banned

Not sure what the deal with Nani and Valencia is. Nani still learning how to breathe with his new nose I guess. Valencia must have some kind of injury...

God I forgot we still had Young. Januzaj and Lingard back into the reserves for that fucking pussy.

GorillaJu

It's been so nice here the past few days. Today it was only 26 or so. Wonderful.

Zabojnik

The dreaded TIM Cup between Juve, Milan and Sassuolo is in 3 days. I'll wear an Inter avatar for a month if no one gets injured. FOOTBALL GODS PLS.

DBT85

How are City going to feel if they look at their Arsenal collection of Nasri and Clichy, and United look at theirs of RVP and Cesc.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How are City going to feel if they look at their Arsenal collection of Nasri and Clichy, and United look at theirs of RVP and Cesc.

We should get Henry on loan in the summer like we did with Larsson

I draw the line at Robert Pires

Carbonox

Nearly passing out in the bath, feeling dazed and confused. I don't do hangovers but when I do they're the gnarliest hangovers in the world.

Clegg

Do Arsenal have first right of refusal at £25m like some media outlets have hinted at?

Or do they have to match the other clubs bid?

Salvadora

"Apart from Arsenal and Barcelona, I don't see myself playing anywhere else,"
"I will definitely be going back (to Arsenal) whenever I have time to watch games and to see the guys, and you never know in the future, why not?
"I hope I will stay here for a very long time, and maybe even retire here, but why not? In life, you can never say never, and if there is one place to go back to, it is Arsenal for sure."
"I'm not embarrassed to say the day I left all I could say (to the Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger) was thank you very much. I couldn't talk more. I'm not embarrassed to say I nearly cried. It was very emotional."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom