• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Yea, I like it. Somehow Ribery is the one that I still don't see in his new position.

Same here. Shaqiri, Thiago, Alaba and Mandzu are looking great so far. Kroos seems to fit in well also. Things could be getting tough for the "old guard".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Moyes, save yourself the trouble of going down the 'Europe's best midfielders' list and crossing out all the names until you reach Fellaini, and just sign the bastard already. He'll be perfectly fine and make United much stronger. Just get it over with.

dc89

Thank you Pr KAT

Hey dc, I have three options for my new city kit as I cant get navas. I can get Kun Aguero, Dzeko or pay double the cost and get Silva. I am leaning towards kun but would like your opinion.

Well I have had both Kun and Silva jersey's over the past 3 seasons. Kun Aguero does look really awesome on the back of a shirt. Dat nickname.

Graham Hunter was on TalkSport.

Said Cesc is out of United's reach and is staying at Barca.

Allow me to provide further detail to Cleff's post.

- Deal is out of United's reach
- Hunter spoke with a Barca Exec who said he can't understand how this is happening
- One of the final things Tito did as coach was to speak with Fabregas
- Fabregas has told the other players he wants to stay
- Fabregas was in Barca's plans prior to selling Thiago, now he has a bigger role
- As part of Xavi going to the WC next year, he will have to play less domestic games. Step up Fabregas
- Fabregas is having a new house built by the beach

Gambit

Same here. Shaqiri, Thiago, Alaba and Mandzu are looking great so far. Kroos seems to fit in well also. Things could be getting tough for the "old guard".

True about Thiago. Although in important games I'd feel more comfortable with Martinez. He was simply unbelievable in defense. I am wondering if Schweini in the new Ribery role would work next to Kroos.

Manzu is doing his best to convince Pep that a striker is a viable option. He is such a hard-worker and never gives up on a ball.

To be honest, I'd be fine with both Rib and Rob being phased out.

Shaq-Götze-Kroos-Müller

sounds awesome to me.

Salvadora

Moyes, save yourself the trouble of going down the 'Europe's best midfielders' list and crossing out all the names until you reach Fellaini, and just sign the bastard already. He'll be perfectly fine and make United much stronger. Just get it over with.
If he tied it up earlier in the window everything would be grand.

Now he's heightened expectations so far that anything less than Ronnie/Cesc/Modric etc, is going to look like a failure. It will look like he's settling for Fellaini. Him and Woodward are out of their depth.

Messi

Well I have had both Kun and Silva jersey's over the past 3 seasons. Kun Aguero does look really awesome on the back of a shirt. Dat nickname.

Allow me to provide further detail to Cleff's post.

- Deal is out of United's reach
- Hunter spoke with a Barca Exec who said he can't understand how this is happening
- One of the final things Tito did as coach was to speak with Fabregas
- Fabregas has told the other players he wants to stay
- Fabregas was in Barca's plans prior to selling Thiago, now he has a bigger role
- As part of Xavi going to the WC next year, he will have to play less domestic games. Step up Fabregas
- Fabregas is having a new house built by the beach

Kun it is then

Messi

No microwave?

I can't stand cold pasta. It's just...weird. Always reheat it with a bit of cheese on top.

No the break room is only big enough to one chair and a small table. Its really depressing. It also has grey walls. I eat there and then go sit outside the store. cold pasta is not bad and it fills me up on my carbs for the day.

Graham Hunter's contacts in Spanish football are Mundo Deportivo, AS, Sport and Marca.

Any moron could do his job. You just copy what the Spanish papers have been saying and wear a suit on Sky Sports News while pretending that you know something no one else does.

We're not going to sign Fabregas though. That much is obvious. Fellaini is the level we have to be aiming for now.

fuenf

True about Thiago. Although in important games I'd feel more comfortable with Martinez. He was simply unbelievable in defense. I am wondering if Schweini in the new Ribery role would work next to Kroos.

Manzu is doing his best to convince Pep that a striker is a viable option. He is such a hard-worker and never gives up on a ball.

To be honest, I'd be fine with both Rib and Rob being phased out.

Shaq-Götze-Kroos-Müller

sounds awesome to me.

The options are simply endless but I agree Javi should man the 6 and Thiago might be even stronger as an 8. I guess the biggest change in comparison to last season is that both the 'A' and the 'B' lineup will have a world class core / central midfield no matter who is playing.

Salvadora

If Arsene had his act together he would've triggered Fellaini's buyout and forced United's hand.

We even might have persuaded him not to go there because he was their 50th choice. And then they would really be up shit creek without a paddle.

GorillaJu

Fabregas at United is going to shake things up for sure. City have an extremely strong squad but Cesc is a step above anyone they've signed. United will score truck loads of goals with Fabregas, no doubt about it

Clegg

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can 2m

The Sun's Rob Beasley's big CFC news for later is that Chelsea are making a £24m bid for Rooney. So there you go.

Still not enough. Find your balls, Chelsea.

dc89

Fabregas at United is going to shake things up for sure. City have an extremely strong squad but Cesc is a step above anyone they've signed. United will score truck loads of goals with Fabregas, no doubt about it

Just a shame they won't get him. Fabregas had to claw his way out of Arsenal, a club he loved, because he wanted to go back to Barca that much.
Fabregas doesn't have a little boy in him screaming United.

Oh my God, Giroud. He's fast becoming one of my favourite Arsenal players.
0wbHMWT.jpg

/dead

loooool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

They are doing the Modric maneuver. Start with a laughable number and then a barely improved one. Go silent for a month. On the last day offer the full price.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lichtsteiner is Llorente's roommate.

DRYOv.gif

-

Amauri (Juve) €22.8m fee, €3.8m in wages, apps-100, goals-24.
Robinho (Milan) €18m, €4m in wages, apps-112, goals-27.

It's time to admit it, Milan. Robinho is the Brazilian Amauri.

Wait..

Oh

The club has proven time and time again we don't have a problem just paying the fee. We want Rooney to make it clear publicly he wants to go and little increases will help that. I would imagine we might get him for £30m + add-ons depending on how quickly United want rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom