• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see any story on their website.

The only guy reporting we are in for Bale is Oli Holt who hasn't got a transfer story right in a long long time.

L1NETT

United's PR team need to change track, this is getting embarrassing for them.

Lol it's just desperate journos making up tripe to get a quick hit or a cheap headline. Nothing more, nothing less. Blaming United for BS rumours is pretty funny though.

Lol it's just desperate journos making up tripe to get a quick hit or a cheap headline. Nothing more, nothing less. Blaming United for BS rumours is pretty funny though.

No no it's all our fault and we're all very embarrassed. There's an internal memo going around suggesting that Woodward may have to commit seppuku in public.

Clegg

Ah €115m. That makes more sense.

Still...that's £100m which is a story we talked about last night.

You're late again, dc.

sohois

SOMEONE DO A FACESHOP OF GIROUD PLS like the ones in the OP

:lol

It's not great, but:
QO4PqTa.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We can buy Bale , WE WILL BUY BALE

Tears of joy, tears of joy

So all these journalists that just happen to be in Sydney are making up the same rumours?

edit: I should have phrased that better but you get the idea

dc89

The Times say a lot of things.

They said £100m last night.

£120 and I reckon Levy/Rossell would do a deal

"Bale is not for sale at any price."

United are pissing in the wind with both these signings. Neither player is available.

Tell me about it.

United's PR team need to change track, this is getting embarrassing for them.

Could an Arnie and dc double team fix United's PR efforts this summer?

Salvadora

It's like John Cross on Arsenal's Asia tour, being told what to print.

Hard to believe things would fall apart so soon after Fergus leaving.

Turok_TTZ

It's alright Ozil has the fitness of anemic sloth anyway. You won't notice the difference.

True that, his stamina is his main weakness. I cannot fathom how Mesut Ozil, a professional footballer who plays for Madrid, can have the stamina of some sunday league scrub. Hopefully Carlo will whip him into fitness.

I've confidence in Benz in that Ramadan won't affect him. it didn't before, don't see why that would change now.

Rad-

Bale is definitely available, he would leave to a big club given the opportunity. But just costs too much for United.

Fabregas isn't leaving Barca though, no matter the price. This is the worst transfer saga in a while. Won't happen but it just stays up for some reason.

GQman2121

Banned
Got my ticket for our final preseason game against Roma. First row on the mid-tier dead center of the pitch. Chelsea in America done good to hook it up for their members yet again.

Already ordered a Hazard home, but will do the away if Rooney joins before the 10th.

Arnie

Journalists at The Times don't do that. They don't sit around pulling shit from their arse to gain clicks, their websites got a paywall.

If the story does indeed exist it's not outside the realms of possibility that it's again (because they've done it numerous times in the past week) been leaked to a journalist by a source linked to United.

United haven't signed a player yet, and missed out on their main target. There's a PR team within United whose job it is to handle United's image.

The implications of this story are that United will spend a fucking boatload of cash in this window and sign top class players.

If United finish this window having spent that amount on those two players then feel free to have a go. I think it's a story intended to placate fans because the window's not going as they'd hoped.

Kikarian

Not really. Why wouldn't you do it? There are millions of morons out there who buy into his harmless shite, you'd be an idiot to turn down the oppurtunity to make money from it
I've found Indykaila guys!

To be fair, I would do it. But I wouldn't even make a fake ITK account in the first place, it's sad.

L1NETT

If United finish this window having spent that amount on those two players then feel free to have a go. I think it's a story intended to placate fans because the window's not going as they'd hoped.

United missed out on players under Fergie, to be honest every move Moyes does is under scrutiny.

Come August 31 I think United will have signed some good players. Will it be the players the fans hoped for? Maybe.

But if United fans think Moyes isn't trying to sign players or he isn't up to doing so, they are mad.

United missed out on players under Fergie, to be honest every move Moyes does is under scrutiny.

Come August 31 I think United will have signed some good players. Will it be the players the fans hoped for? Maybe.

But if United fans think Moyes isn't trying to sign players or he isn't up to doing so, they are mad.

Fergie missed out on a shit-tonne of players. Club (and fan support) didn't fall apart then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom