• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

“I called Mourinho to congratulate him on his return to Chelsea,” Moratti was quoted as saying in La Stampa. “What did Jose say? He said, in three years, we’ll meet again at Inter.”
Wow, plotting another move already.

It says it all that Rocksteady basically wasted the majority of the villains of the Batman universe, and you're wondering how the guys working on Origins are going to get around that, then they break out the motherfucking Black Mask

You're kidding, right? That seems like a ridiculius oversight, and an easy way for me to get fired :p

I was kidding, yes, but it is a good question. I got GTA V for £30 + 500 clubcard points which were put into my account within a couple of weeks and I quickly spent them on a extra large pizza and some hot wings from Papa John's. I guess I could still cancel my pre-order, although I've already paid for it and £30 is a good price so I won't.

fuenf

At least they aren't as fucking boring as SUPER MAN.

He's A SUPER

MAN

Man of Steel was great and imo the right way to do it. Its fault lies in the Goyer script, but Snyder directed the hell out of it. It was an ambitous movie and while it didnt fulfill its potential it was still better than most Marvel movies.

Avengers was a joke compared to MoS. Thor, Hulk, Loki AND Iron Man pretty much all are as SUPER as Superman in that movie.

fuenf

good question. I have no idea to be honest

they lost against relegation candidates from bundesliga up until now

Monaco is Man City part 2. A soulless collection of mercenaries. I don't like PSG but they took the right approach by mirroring Mou's Chelsea and buying fringe superstars who still got something to prove.

Champions League final will be in the San Siro that year.

His quote was taken out of context.

Mourinho is going to stay at Chelsea for as long as he possibly can. Everybody knows he was desperate to be United manager, gagging for it, everyone knows that. Now his aim is to destroy United. He will stay at Chelsea until he has achieved this.

L1NETT

It says it all that Rocksteady basically wasted the majority of the villains of the Batman universe, and you're wondering how the guys working on Origins are going to get around that, then they break out the motherfucking Black Mask

Black Mask is an awesome villain. More excited to see their take on Anarky.

Who did you think they wasted? They could have made more of Two Face and given Great White Shark a bigger role rather than a name on a building :/

Salvadora

Mourinho is going to stay at Chelsea for as long as he possibly can. Everybody knows he was desperate to be United manager, gagging for it, everyone knows that. Now his aim is to destroy United. He will stay at Chelsea until he has achieved this.

Wasn't this debunked by a Chelsea fan in here? I seem to recall a dispute.

Clegg

I agree that Fellaini would be a good signing for us.

But after being linked with Fabregas it would still be a crushing disappointment.

L1NETT

How are Costa Rica doing? I used to cheer them on cos of Paulo Wanchope. What a player.

That goal against United...yummy.

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLLOLLOLOLLOOLOLLOOLOOLOLOLOPOOLOOOLOLOOWEFRWDEFWFWEfWEFwe

Debt collectors went to the Premier League champions' Carrington training base looking for Bebe, who spent last term on loan at Rio Ave, but could not find him.

New Manchester United boss David Moyes has his own headaches with the Wayne Rooney saga - but they are nothing in comparison to those of his Portuguese forward Bebe.

The Premier League champions are well used to receiving visitors to their Carrington training complex, but last weekend was a first.

Bailiffs turned up at the Red Devils' HQ last week demanding to speak with the £7 million flop. United's own security refused to permit the debt collectors entry, who returned an hour later with police officers to search for the 23-year-old.

Goal contacted Greater Manchester Police who confirmed that “shortly before 11am on Saturday 13 July 2013, police were called to a training complex on Isherwood Road, Carrington.

“Officers attended and established the matter was a civil one that is now being dealt with by the relevant parties.”

Bebe had been training that morning but the bailiffs were unable find him. The word is he was smuggled out in the boot of a car!

iD2aoqMrPfnon.gif

I don't understand why we haven't got Fellaini already. I would be disappointed if was either Fabregas or Fellaini. We should get both, try to get both anyway. Fellaini is a sitting duck.

I had this weird theory about it today though. My theory is that Moyes wants Baines more than he wants Fellaini. He knows Everton will only sell one of them. But Everton don't want to sell Baines until they know Fellaini is staying, which they won't know until his release clause expires in mid August. So they will wait until then before they sell Baines...and we will have to wait until then to get Baines...and if before that somebody else comes in for Fellaini...we will then go for Fellaini.

Some shit like that.

Also - why haven't we sold anyway yet. Anderson please leave the club.

Telegraph reporting Chelsea will bid £40m for Rooney.

That escalated quickly.

I would accept that, I think. Great price, he's no good for us anymore.

They probably won't bid that much..

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 10s

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that his primary reason for allowing Pepe Reina to join Napoli on loan is financial.

Rodgers: “Financially it is something we needed to look at,” he said. “Because obviously otherwise you wouldn’t move on a top goalkeeper."

You'll probably need to sell off Suarez then eh Brenton?

hypothetically

if Luiz or Mata were involved, yes or no and which?

Depends.

I'd take a straight swap with Mata, hell we should pay them 10m + Rooney for Mata.

Luiz...I don't really want him tbh, He's a good player but I don't see him adding much to our defence so not sure it's worth us having him...but since you're asking I guess I'd take say £20m + Luiz. Horrible deal for them...but as I say, don't really want Luiz.

Of course neither is going to happen so yeah, purely hypothetical.

Oh yeah of course. And we just forget about the £3m that went straight to his agent.

I'm glad we are on the same wavelength dc. Of course we will forget about that.

Razor554

"Barcelona representatives will in coming hours travel to Argentina to meet Tata Martino, who'd be main candidate ahead of Luis Enrique [ole]"

Anyone watched any of his teams play? is he any good? Only game i've seen and can remember is Paraguay vs Spain in WC2010 and it was decent game from Paraguay if i recall. No coaching experience from europe tho and it is a bit worrying.

"Barcelona representatives will in coming hours travel to Argentina to meet Tata Martino, who'd be main candidate ahead of Luis Enrique [ole]"

Anyone watched any of his teams play? is he any good? Only game i've seen and can remember is Paraguay vs Spain in WC2010 and it was decent game from Paraguay if i recall. No coaching experience from europe tho and it is a bit worrying.

To me that sounds like

"Barcelona representatives will in coming hours travel to Argentina to meet Tata Martino, who'd be main candidate ahead of Luis Enrique. This was the request of Lionel Messi. [ole]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom