• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me that new heatwave thread (about the bullshit 760 dead number) is infuriating. I'd definitely get banned if I posted in there.

OH THANK YOU GENIUS AMERICANS FOR DISPENSING YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF AIR CONDITIONING TO US LOWLY ENGLISH FOLK.

Fucking dickheads.

Hixx

Fuck me that new heatwave thread (about the bullshit 760 dead number) is infuriating. I'd definitely get banned if I posted in there.

OH THANK YOU GENIUS AMERICANS FOR DISPENSING YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF AIR CONDITIONING TO US LOWLY ENGLISH FOLK.

Fucking dickheads.

I tend to stay out of any thread with UK in the title in OT. It's usually full of Americans trying to force how much better they/their nation are on the thread. So desperate.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's Klopp on the right
BPoHnqWCEAEaEVz.jpg:large

BPn5DBvCYAAT4IZ.jpg:large

BPoKLgMCYAASHhD.jpg:large

BPk3hdsCEAA2us9.jpg:large

BPn3p2UCMAMa7w4.jpg:large

BPoN6D1CUAA78pQ.jpg:large

Wilbur

Banned
quote me 4 fantasy league code

Wait don't I don't know how to do this

https://twitter.com/BelgoFoot/status/358917373039874048
Chadli's agent says he'll sign for us after a medical today.

That's a really good deal. Spurs got some scary depth now. Might be a bit light in midfield if Parker and Huddlestone leave though and they need need NEED a striker.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Caulker
Vertonghen/Dawson
Ekotto/Rose
Sandro/Parker
Paulinho/Carroll
Dembele/Holtby
Bale/Sigurdsson
Adebayor/Defoe
Lennon/Chadli

Slizz

quote me 4 fantasy league code

Wait don't I don't know how to do this

That's a really good deal. Spurs got some scary depth now. Might be a bit light in midfield if Parker and Huddlestone leave though and they need need NEED a striker.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton
Kaboul/Caulker
Vertonghen/Dawson
Ekotto/Rose
Sandro/Parker
Paulinho/Carroll
Dembele/Holtby
Bale/Sigurdsson
Adebayor/Defoe
Lennon/Chadli

Quote this to find out how.

Suen

€35m, lol.

So that's €35m for Higuain, €12m for Albiol and €10 for Callejon. (57M)

Uhh..so why not swap all of them for Cavani then? But it's too late for that now.

You disowned your fourth team Parma?
I don't have any ranking system among my teams. I was refering to the racist section of Serie A, basically Milan, Inter, Juve, Lazio/Roma fans....mostly the last two ones. But Juve-GAF is cool, but your team is shit so give back Buffon (and sell Pirlo to us, he's old).

I don't have any ranking system among my teams. I was refering to the racist section of Serie A, basically Milan, Inter, Juve, Lazio/Roma fans....mostly the last two ones. But Juve-GAF is cool, but your team is shit so give back Buffon (and sell Pirlo to us, he's old).
There is no 'racist' section of Serie A. The clubs mentioned, apart from Lazio, are not demonstrably or systematically more racist than any other Italian clubs. They just have bigger fanbases and more cameras trained on them, so the racist minority of their fans is larger and more visible than the racist minority at other clubs.

keit4

Banned
Deportivo just announced a pre-season friendly against Real Madrid. Looks like it's not enough for us to be humilliated during the season...

Clegg

The Times say Rooney will hand in a transfer request soon but United will make Chelsea wait until the end of the window before selling him.

They also say its unlikely that Fabregas will sign for us.

Suen

There is no 'racist' section of Serie A. The clubs mentioned, apart from Lazio, are not demonstrably or systematically more racist than any other Italian clubs. They just have bigger fanbases and more cameras trained on them, so the racist minority of their fans is larger and more visible than the racist minority at other clubs.
I'm just trying to fuck around with Yurt :p But you're right, bigger fanbase, more attention and more stories. Shame they get the spotlight and ruin it for everyone else.

Clegg

Doesn't that end up doing more damage to you?
Not really.

We're not dependent on any Rooney transfer fee so we can keep him until the end of the window and then sell. That deprives Chelsea of him for their first few games too.

It would be smart business on United's part.

Plasma

Banned
Not really.

We're not dependent on any Rooney transfer fee so we can keep him until the end of the window and then sell. That deprives Chelsea of him for their first few games too.

It would be smart business on United's part,

Also means Chelsea might go for somebody else in the mean time I suppose and see if anyone from abroad comes in with a bid for him.

Fergie

Banned
Chelsea probably won't spend 50mill again after that Torres saga.

40mill is good enough, just buy Modric/Cabaye/Fellaini.

Salvadora

I don't think so, as Chelsea don't have a top class striker, and United are holding the cards in regards to Rooney.

Not really.

It would be smart business on United's part,

But doesn't it make it so United are left with very little time to find any sort of replacement?

GorillaJu

Speaking of Chelsea, they're playing against Malaysian XI in about an hour.

But doesn't it make it so United are left with very little time to find any sort of replacement?

Do they need a replacement? They are looking for midfielders, and Kagawa can play in his position.

Speaking of Chelsea, they're playing against Malaysian XI in about an hour.

Do they need a replacement? They are looking for midfielders, and Kagawa can play in his position.

I wanted a replacement but there isn't anyone anymore. James would have been perfect as he can play on the left.

Zabojnik

I'm just trying to fuck around with Yurt :p But you're right, bigger fanbase, more attention and more stories. Shame they get the spotlight and ruin it for everyone else.

Well, at least the retards amongst our (otherwise very well behaved, compared to scum like Napoli and Roma) fans won't be able to chant "there are no black italians" this year, thanks to Ogbonnator.

Clegg

Also means Chelsea might go for somebody else in the mean time I suppose and see if anyone from abroad comes in with a bid for him.
Tbh I don't think there's anyone else they can get. Cavani and Falcao have just signed for new clubs and Lewandowski seems dead set on signing for Bayern.

That leaves Benzema, Higuain, Rooney and Suarez. Madrid would demand a similar fee to what Rooney would go for but Rooney is better than both. That just leaves Suarez. I'm actually surprised that Chelsea haven't been more seriously linked to him.

Clegg

Replacement for Rooney?

I don't think the club is that set on looking for one tbh. We're after central midfielders this summer.

And in attacking positions we have RVP and Kagawa who can both do the job Rooney can do. I don't think replacing Rooney would be high on the agenda this summer.

Clegg

They'll miss his goals, definitely.
We've already replaced his goals though. Van Persie is the main striker for us now so Rooney plays a more withdrawn role.

Last season he scored 12 in the league, which is still pretty good for an attacking midfielder but he wasn't happy because he wasn't the man leading the attacking line.

I don't think its possible for Rooney and RVP to both score 20+ league goals in the same team. They'd take up each others space too often.

The whole problem with Rooney is that he isn't the main man any more.

Zabojnik

Splatt, we'll need a new *ić to replace Vucinić and fill the hole left by Jovetić in a year or two. Any new prospects down there?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why are you guys PMing it? Just post it here. :p

-

losing Jovetic was an Elkann-Della Valle issue not an economic or Marotta one. John Elkann even apologized to Marotta

Fucking Elkann and his brother, what good are they?

Replacement for Rooney?

I don't think the club is that set on looking for one tbh. We're after central midfielders this summer.

And in attacking positions we have RVP and Kagawa who can both do the job Rooney can do. I don't think replacing Rooney would be high on the agenda this summer.

The club would be dumb if they don't look for one. The club needs another attacking midfielder that can operate from the left. If Nani finds his form it won't be a problem, but if Nani struggles like last season, then United will only have Young and shit Nani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom