• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Do you think Bale will be moved central permanently next season as either a 9 or 10?

I think it will depend on the opposition. Against the chaff he can play down the middle and we will play with an extra attacking midfielder. Against top teams we will bring in the full trio of bruisers in the middle and Bale will play wide.

Against Hull:

Dembele/Holtby....Paulinho/Sandro
Lennon....Bale...Chaldi/Sigurdsson/Dempsey
Adebayor/Defoe

Against Chelsea:

Sandro...Paulinho
Dembele
Bale...Adebayor...Chadli

I said that on the condition that Torres is gone for sure. And maybe Ba too (give him back to Newcastle). =3

Isn't Lampard the highest scoring Chelsea player last year? Though that may only be league and not counting Ba's mid transfer.

Torres scored 21 goals last season, Lampard was probably highest PL scorer though, or Mata perhaps

Well good fucking luck getting Torres to leave.

:(

The only way he'll leave is if Spain drop him. That's what would give him the kick up the arse and convince him that he'd be better off playing somewhere where he's happy, has less pressure and has the time to change his game. Obviously he'd have to accept a wage decrease, but that should be the last thing on his mind.

He should be looking for a way out, not digging his heels in. I'd have him back on reasonable wages tbh

Feorax

Had some hope Atletico Madrid would still love him.... But no.

I think it's going to be a case of find someone who he'd go to and who wants him, subsidize his wages by paying him £1 mill or something, and then shoving him out of the door on a free.

I feel some sympathy. He was poor for us towards the end, but I never believed he could be this bad.

The only way he'll leave is if Spain drop him. That's what would give him the kick up the arse and convince him that he'd be better off playing somewhere where he's happy, has less pressure and has the time to change his game.

I think that moment came when Fabregas was playing as a number 9 instead of him...

xandaca

McEachran comes on for Van Ginkel, who has again been a very solid presence in midfield.

De Bruyne's injury reportedly nowhere near as bad as initially feared, though no news on exactly what it involves.

Wilbur

Banned
But wooden think about the amazing defending Torres can do

It's amazing how much more likable City have become with Pellegrini and Jovetic. Not that I had anything against the club before, but I can't fucking stand Roberto Mancini. I'm sure it's mostly just me, but still. What a difference. GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER CITY!

First Pogba and now you do me like this

Where's the love, Zabo?

I think that moment came when Fabregas was playing as a number 9 instead of him...

He was back in at the Confederations Cup though. I think if he'd been out of the squad there, he'd be looking for a move. At the moment, he's basically a more willing Winston Bogarde

Clegg

Sometimes I wonder if RedCafe is worse than RAWK.

A poster stated that he thought James Mc Carthy could fit in well with our midfield. This was a response to that statement:

God No, he isnt world class, we are Manchester United, we play in the champions league against the world best. We are not wigan

Let's sell three quarters of our squad. They're not world class either.

dc89

Jesus Christ.

Pellegrini is as tough as a two dollar steak.

Yup. He's pretty tough if you ask me.

It's amazing how much more likable City have become with Pellegrini and Jovetic. Not that I had anything against the club before, but I can't fucking stand Roberto Mancini. I'm sure it's mostly just me, but still. What a difference. GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER CITY!

FORZA JUVE'

Lukaku is gonna be fucking money next season.

Yeah he's an absolute monster.

Remember seeing him live at the game? He was massive.

GorillaJu

A poster stated that he thought James Mc Carthy could fit in well with our midfield. This was a response to that statement:

It's the Internet, duders. There are crazies on the Internet.

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/21/en/football/barcelona/1374361419.html

Messi is choosing him to be the next manager for us. The more i read about this guy the more i want him to be the next coach aswell.
We need someone from outside of our system to help this team evolve, with Tito the changes from Pep's era were next to nothing and in the end we suffered because of that. I would be very suprised if the next coach is someone outside of Lucho-Martino duo.

LAc4r2F.jpg

scary

Wilbur

Banned

Messi is choosing him to be the next manager for us. The more i read about this guy the more i want him to be the next coach aswell.
We need someone from outside of our system to help this team evolve, with Tito the changes from Pep's era were next to nothing and in the end we suffered because of that. I would be very suprised if the next coach is someone outside of Lucho-Martino duo.

What is so refreshing is the coach and squad are totally committed to ‘the idea’ of their football, instead of obsessing over results or league position. Before a crucial away match against Boca Juniors this month, Martino dismissed the pressure of the occasion, saying: “You have to be consistent, we have played all of our matches with the same intention (…) if that results in us moving up the table a bit, so be it, but our idea is always the same.”

Xavi?

Edit: fuck this is perfect for Barca. It's either him or Bielsa. It has to be.

Another theory is that Newell’s lack a ‘plan B’. When protecting a lead or chasing a goal, Martino rarely makes any tactical variations, instead he opts to make like-for-like substitutions to try and freshen things up. This is often perceived as a serious problem, especially when facing the league’s more defensively organised sides.

The idea of a ‘plan B’ is one that is not compatible with the Bielsa Method. Bielsa believes that a successful system does not need a plan B, and that if any alternative plan proves to be effective, then it should be used as the principal system. This goes back to the fundamental bielsista idea that sometimes the better team just does not win. The better team should not in turn abandon their original approach for the sake of one result, as their results will remain positive in the long run.

xandaca

Moses scores, mostly thanks to the goalkeeper's ineptitude. McEachran's showing a terrific range of passing, looks a lot stronger and more confident after his year at Boro. Deserves a shot in the PL this year.

EDIT: And Malaysia pull one back almost immediately, rebound from a wide free kick that Cech knocked away. Not well defended.

Some of them are starting to overrate Lingard.

qindarka

Banned
Moses scores, mostly thanks to the goalkeeper's ineptitude. McEachran's showing a terrific range of passing, looks a lot stronger and more confident after his year at Boro. Deserves a shot in the PL this year.

Really hope he and Chalobah have a good year on loan and can stake a place in the first team next season. Would be so lovely to have academy products playing for us.

Ashley Cole again showing why he is the GOAT at goal line clearances.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Monreal is out until October apparently....

This season is going to be over before it begins.

Don't worry, as long as Arteta (pen.) is still around, you'll be fine. Monreal isn't even that good, defensively he's far worse than Gibbs.

Rad-

I doubt he'll make it at United tbh.

He's 20 years old and still isn't threatening to break into our first team. He also had a bad loan spell at Leicester last season too.

Yeah I don't see any first team material in him. Maybe gets few years as a backup player before sold to a mid/lower table team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

From Tito to Tata?

Zabojnik

First Pogba and now you do me like this

Where's the love, Zabo?

Admit it, Wilbz, a small part of you (your skin flute?) feels the same way. It's different for us foreigners. United is the club I'm most interested in (seeing doing well) after Juve, but since I'm not an actual fan (for you can only truly love one club), I don't feel the rivalry with City. At all. Just as you don't hate Toro. Granted, nobody cares about the Cows and all their fans are dying of old age anyways. But you know what I mean. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom