• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Got some exclusive ITK transfer news from something a friend posted on Facebook earlier

2221aZW.png
How nice of him to consider that fans feelings.

Jack cw

Let's face it, Bayern won't win the Bundesliga because they are so much better than we are. Those matches will be as close as ever.

They will win it because they can spend a shitload of money on their (too) big squad. And because like 14 of the other 16 teams in the league will shit their pants before their matches against Bayern and get destroyed.
Its amazing how irrelevant Dortmund has become in just one year. Lost 3 out of 5 against Bayern with 2 draws :D
Same bla bla as every year... You better win your games against Schlake, Hamburg, Hoffenheim or Augsburg and this time you might be able to finish with 15 pts behind.

MPW

...But Borussia had won the previous two titles. How does a league become one sided just like that?

lol u exactly know how it became one sided

u bought gotze, lewandowski coming next summer for FREE (weakens your only realistic threat to the title)
and bought thiago

hell your bench XI is better than or as good as most bundesliga clubs

Fry

lol u exactly know how it became one sided

u bought gotze, lewandowski coming next summer for FREE (weakens your only realistic threat to the title)
and bought thiago

hell your bench XI is better than or as good as most bundesliga clubs

That was always going to happen after Bayern lost two CL finals and were trophyless since 2010.

Its amazing how irrelevant Dortmund has become in just one year. Lost 3 out of 5 against Bayern with 2 draws :D
Same bla bla as every year... You better win your games against Schlake, Hamburg, Hoffenheim or Augsburg and this time you might be able to finish with 15 pts behind.

The only chance for this Bundesliga season to be exciting is Pep fucking it up and causing drama with the players.

That has nothing to do with BVB at all, we can only do so much with not having unlimited money. We'd need to play a perfect season and we've only done a perfect half of a season in 2012.

Blablurn

Maaaaan, I wish I could see and understand a spanish interview with Pep. His German is great but I think he could say soooo much more meaningful stuff.

The only chance for this Bundesliga season to be exciting is Pep fucking it up and causing drama with the players.

That has nothing to do with BVB at all, we can only do so much with not having unlimited money. We'd need to play a perfect season and we've only done a perfect half of a season in 2012.

Ribery will fuck Peps daughter... or boy if he doesn't have a daughter, he quits, Felix Magath will be brought in to stabilize the team and from there it's only down.

Kenka

Maaaaan, I wish I could see and understand a spanish interview with Pep. His German is great but I think he could say soooo much more meaningful stuff.

His German is good. In such a short span, he managed to understand all the grammatical trickery and convoluted sentences thrown at him by the interviewer. I say wow.

In other news, Bayern are monsters.

Jack cw

Pep ist not Klinsmann and this Bayern team seems to have a gameplan. This isnt about money. Dortmund lost some big boints last season pretty carelessly and the squad is still to small for 3 competitions. This will be the difference again.

From what other people are saying I guess this is a good signing, but I was really hoping to see Townsend play more games this season. I've said this so many times now, but I think he can be a really good player for us if he gets games.

Pep ist not Klinsmann and this Bayern team seems to have a gameplan. This isnt about money. Dortmund lost some big boints last season pretty carelessly and the squad is still to small for 3 competitions. This will be the difference again.

But you, like, see that bigger squad = more money needed?

It's going to be fun when August rolls around and Manchester United haven't made a new signing.

They'll still place above Aston VIlla :(

Damn, our away kits are ugly:

U6zDstZ.jpg

Kenka

I concur with Jack and think the squad depth is what will prevent you from being worthy contender domestically for Bayern. They have thirty players in their team that could be fielded in your starting XI, and I don't mean to lack respect. At each position, Bayern have a player that would be a starter at Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Still, #2 in Germany and Europe is still decent, right ? Bayern are just so far ahead of everyone: They are like a combinaison of the 90's Juventus & Milan.

But you, like, see that bigger squad = more money needed?
You Masia has to start ramping things up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sviatoslav is buzzing.

I'll be gutted if Vucinic goes. For all his shortcomings, he's such an unique striker.

He's the only one worth something on the market though.

Matri is the only vice-Llion in the squad and Quag is a better super sub.

I concur with Jack and think the squad depth is what will prevent you from being worthy contender domestically for Bayern. They have thirty players in their team that could be fielded in your starting XI, and I don't mean to lack respect. At each position, Bayern have a player that would be a starter at Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Still, #2 in Germany and Europe is still decent, right ? Bayern are just so far ahead of everyone: They are like a combinaison of the 90's Juventus & Milan.
wat

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Worth its own post

Vucinic was calmed down by Storari, team-manager Fabris & Carrera. Immediately after the incident the curva chanted some song for Mirko

After training Mirko ran towards the fans, made peace with that fan, signed autographs & shook hands with everyone

<3

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
From what other people are saying I guess this is a good signing, but I was really hoping to see Townsend play more games this season. I've said this so many times now, but I think he can be a really good player for us if he gets games.

Andros will get games, I'm sure. He showed he can cut it in the PL. What's great is that Andros, Chadli and Bale can all play on either side.

It's Lennon who is feeling the heat. Needs to step up his game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom