• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUFC demand that David Moyes’ successor must win next year's Premier League title

Manchester United will set their new manager the immediate target of winning the Premier League next season, in the wake of David Moyes’s disastrous tenure.

With sources close to Louis van Gaal insisting on Saturday night that the Holland coach had agreed to take over at Old Trafford — but had not yet signed a deal — the United hierarchy will press ahead with spending up to £200million this summer. Senior sources told The Sunday Telegraph that whoever took over would be expected to deliver the title in their first campaign.

Fellaini's hair looks exactly like a FIFA afro

We wear them better, bacon

BGlFgWP.jpg

LgYde5P.jpg

pYSGUzp.jpg

Look at Alien Mourinho, the extra terrestrial one.

Edit : godammit imgurs compression is bad.

Marc

Fluke.

Villa looking bad.

iiDOXwvG9vwyc.gif

It was better than Rooney's, but I think the wind played a part. It did go right into the top corner. Not GOTS though, still Wilshere for me.

Depends what kind of goal you like I guess.

One of my favourites this season was Sturridge's lob, he is running fast and at an angle away from goal and lobs into the top corner. That is incredibly hard to do, and you will rarely see something like that as most stop the ball or come into the ball to chip it. Not as eye catching as others but the difficulty in execution really is on another level.

Still that Shelvey goal was under pressure, required a perfect first touch, doesn't even look at the goal to volley it with stupid amount of curve and power into right into the corner. I don't think if the keeper is on his line he would save that to be honest, its inch perfect.

I really can't listen to Savage and have no idea how he is on the BBC, shit player, shit pundit, shit opinions and a total twat to boot.

Elchele

Something from his interviews Viva posted iirc. He mentioned preferring the 4-3-3. Think he uses it for Netherlands too, but i'm not too sure.

you guys should stop reading english media

also: LvG says Bundesliga is the best league in the world. Finally you will have someone who understands.

I don't know, I thought he wanted to stick with the first team when it was Hyypiä or him last year? Maybe he's still pissed? Or maybe they don't think he's good enough?

Dunno. Back then I read he wanted to go back to youth training because it was his thing, but sounded like PR-bullshit to me. Interestingly he wasn't coaching any Leverkusen team this season, he was just the head of the youth department. Maybe Kenka knows

K1LLER7

Dat Norwich.

Remember when Kagawa went ham?

Yeah, was the only reason Giggs picked him today too lol

He's done well ever since Mata signed. Was good again today. Different from every other player we have in the squad. Hopefully he stays.

GQman2121

Banned
£200 to spend on players? Who's going to want to join with no CL though? It's not everything, but it kind of is to most players that can really make a difference.

Slizz

Yeah, was the only reason Giggs picked him today too lol

He's done well ever since Mata signed. Was good again today. Different from every other player we have in the squad. Hopefully he stays.

Kagawa plays all the Giggs flicks for passes. He must love that.

Linius

£200 to spend on players? Who's going to want to join with no CL though? It's not everything, but it kind of is to most players that can really make a difference.

Are we talking Manchester? Because it's not likely Manchester will stay out of the CL for long. They are a big club and it's a rare event if they don't play CL. I can't imagine a player would turn them because of this bad season.

Elchele

LvG won't spend more than £20 anyway. He'll sign one good player at max, and a couple of shit ones. The rest he will promote from the reserves

Salvadora

Yeah, I would be happy if we got him. Once he becomes a little more composed in front of goal I think he could be very good. Think he is more talented than Sturridge.
That's a big if though.

I'd hate if we were stuck with that lump week in week out if he couldn't deliver the goals. And currently, he can't.

K1LLER7

you guys should stop reading english media

also: LvG says Bundesliga is the best league in the world. Finally you will someone who understands.
lol think it's time we change his mind.

It was for some exclusive interview he did with a dutch journalist :p
Think it was from 1 year ago, basically talked about what he looks for in his players, staff, etc. The Netherlands national team and how highly he rates Strootman.

GQman2121

Banned
Liverpool got Suarez with no CL and with Dalglish in charge.

I guess, but that was before Suarez was a rockstar. You know?

And I can't help but feel like we were saying the same thing about LFC in Rafa's final year. Oh, they'll bounce back. It's taken them nearly five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom