• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
if we're going to buy yet another unfinished project to play up front, then we should (read: need) to buy a proven finisher also.

enter Demba Ba.

K1LLER7

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 4h
There may be a new manager, but it hasn't stopped the United players making a complete bollocks of all the great chances Kagawa sets up.

Even Paddy sees it

wedward

if we're going to buy yet another unfinished project to play up front, then we should (read: need) to buy a proven finisher also.

enter Demba Ba.

I'd be happy with Ba and Welbeck.

I really think with some consistent time up front Welbeck will start banging them in.

Wilbur

Banned
Story on the Mail about Suarez and Skrtel having a little tiff over a volleyball game or something idk lol trouble in paradise crash and burn brenton enter giggsy #thedreamisreal

LegoArmo

Yes and I highly doubt it's as good as the non-PPV UFC last week.
I missed most of that sadly, but I'll watch a bit tonight. I need something to occupy myself.
Yup, though I wouldn't recommend a PPV where Jon "That homophobe stuff that was posted on my Twitter was totally not written by me" Jones fights.
All I don't like about him is how predictably easy all his fights are, but that's a problem with a lot of the UFC divisions. Haven't kept up with his Twitter-life really.

Everton were bad today.

TrueBlue

Getting stoked for tomorrow's match. Probably gonna be smashed, but fuck it. I still believe we can do it. Would rather go into such a match with hope rather than complete indifference, it'll be an occasion either way.

Salvadora

Could you imagine if Ba and Welbeck were our headline summer signings?

We'd be the laughing stock of the country for the second summer running.

Hixx

Been blasting through DS2 on PC thanks to Quiche. Had a +4 Bastard Sword before the first boss
KuGsj.gif

goty

fuck i need to be up in 9 hours

Up at 9 on a Sunday, it's a fucking disgrace. This would NEVER happen if we got relegated.

Sunderland pls

Walshy

Getting stoked for tomorrow's match. Probably gonna be smashed, but fuck it. I still believe we can do it. Would rather go into such a match with hope rather than complete indifference, it'll be an occasion either way.
Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, Luiz, Willian, Ramires & Cech all not with the Chelsea team at the team hotel.

Going to be really interesting to see how you line up.

wedward

There are only so many strikers out there. If we can't get a world class one we have to get whatever we can.

Those two will improve the squad and combine that with a healthy Theo I think we should be fine on goals.

scently

The fact that some would want or even consider Giggs as our permanent coach given what we have just been through is lolworthy. We need somebody with experience. Somebody who will bring our football to the modern era, someone who can lay the foundation for the rebuilding of our club. We have been stuck in the past for too long. Fergie was willing to adapt, and he did that successfully around the 2005-2009 period. During those period, we were playing some of the best football in the world. We had some of the best players in the world in every position. We were playing 433 with the most mobile and potent front three in football at the time. We attacked with pace. We countered with blazing speed, our midfield was solid and our defence was the best.

We lost a lot of that with the loss of Ronnie and Tevez. The decline of Scholes, the unfulfilled promise/potential of Hargreaves, Anderson and (partly) Nani, the loss of the player that Fletcher was becoming......

All this, added to the fact that Fergie absolutely ignored our rapidly declining midfield, the inability to sign marquee players, the signing of duds and subpar players, and the refusal to turnover underperforming players, the move back to 442.

We regressed and transformed from a team that could take on any team in Europe to one that could barely get past the group stage. We need a break from the past. We need to adapt to modern football.Better yet,we can combine what made UTD great (pace, power, counter) with the philosophies of modern football (technique, passing, intelligent movement etc). For this, we need something new, a break from the norm, which is why, Klopp, Van Gaal, Simeone and Guardiola are the right managers we should be looking at. And while the others are not available, we should give van Gaal the job.

The fact that some would want or even consider Giggs as our permanent coach given what we have just been through is lolworthy. We need somebody with experience. Somebody who will bring our football to the modern era, someone who can lay the foundation for the rebuilding of our club. We have been stuck in the past for too long. Fergie was willing to adapt, and he did that successfully around the 2005-2009 period. During those period, we were playing some of the best football in the world. We had some of the best players in the world in every position. We were playing 433 with the most mobile and potent front three in football at the time. We attacked with pace. We countered with blazing speed, our midfield was solid and our defence was the best.

We lost a lot of that with the loss of Ronnie and Tevez. The decline of Scholes, the unfulfilled promise/potential of Hargreaves, Anderson and (partly) Nani, the loss of the player that Fletcher was becoming......

All this, added to the fact that Fergie absolutely ignored our rapidly declining midfield, the inability to sign marquee players, the signing of duds and subpar players, and the refusal to turnover underperforming players, the move back to 442.

We regressed and transformed from a team that could take on any team in Europe to one that could barely get past the group stage. We need a break from the past. We need to adapt to modern football.Better yet,we can combine what made UTD great (pace, power, counter) with the philosophies of modern football (technique, passing, intelligent movement etc). For this, we need something new, a break from the norm, which is why, Klopp, Van Gaal, Simeone and Guardiola are the right managers we should be looking at. And while the others are not available, we should give van Gaal the job.

Agreed sir.

jtb

Banned

sadly I think our streak of being the laughing stock of summer stretches back a bit further than just last summer

Wilbur

Banned
Eto'o, Hazard, Terry, Torres, Luiz, Willian, Ramires & Cech all not with the Chelsea team at the team hotel.

that's fucking MAD

I don't think it'll be as weak as people might be fearing/hoping. I reckon it'll just be whatever team they can put out.

Schwarzer; Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Cole; Matic, Mikel; Salah, Oscar, Schurrle; Ba

TrueBlue

Dat makeshift bus. God, imagine the pandemonium if we somehow nicked it.

Speaking of the Chelsea hotel, apparently there's a congregation of Pool fans there tonight, intent on making as much noise as possible.

Salvadora

There are only so many strikers out there. If we can't get a world class one we have to get whatever we can.

Those two will improve the squad and combine that with a healthy Theo I think we should be fine on goals.
They would undoubtedly improve our squad, as would most competent strikers, but it's the image that would give off I'm concerned with.

Can hardly talk about ambition when bringing in a Chelsea cast-off and Danny Nii Tackie Welbeck.

Slizz

I've said it many times. Rodgers is the reason why Studge is as good as he is now. I honestly don't think another manager could have gotten what Rodgers has out of him.

jtb

Banned
if we make any high profile transfer this summer, it'll be a cast-off from a big club. Ozil was a castoff from Madrid, so was Higuain. I don't mind. Welbeck is shit but at least Ba gives you a reliable known quantity.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't understand what the real point of it is though. That's not going to affect any of Chelsea, only the staff members of the hotel will be pissed.

I like seeing hotel staff pissed ok god not everything has an ulterior motive wooden jesus christ you sound like a conspiracy theorist or something just give it a rest will you

I like seeing hotel staff pissed ok god not everything has an ulterior motive wooden jesus christ you sound like a conspiracy theorist or something just give it a rest will you

Shut the fuck up, Glen. I was just quoting you, to not quote the same post I already had once, wasn't really directed at you... But more the point of it.

Wilbur

Banned
I have a theory that jtb is actually Demba's mum

Shut the fuck up, Glen. I was just quoting you, to not quote the same post I already had once, wasn't really directed at you... But more the point of it.

Glen :lol

Mourinho probably isn't even the hotel, he's probably been cryogenically frozen overnight and kept separate.

Wilbur

Banned
Jesus, watching Wooden and Wilbur fuck would be electric.

I don't think we'd have sex, we would just kiss and keep touching each other, and keep the tension alive

Once you've penetrated, there is nowhere to go

I want Wooden to salivate, to want me and I want to tease him

I feel that by just grabbing his produce and then releasing it quickly, tantalising him to the edge, would be the way to win his heart

Slizz

I don't think we'd have sex, we would just kiss and keep touching each other, and keep the tension alive

I feel that by just grabbing his produce and then releasing it quickly, tantalising him to the edge, would be the way to win his heart
tumblr_n4lfplXmjX1ttzauho4_250.gif

tumblr_n4lfplXmjX1ttzauho3_250.gif

TrueBlue

image.php

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom